A little while ago I started a thread seeking advice on finding a fram for my new Fixed winter build. Now that it's done I'd like to share my build and see other people's fixed or single speed winter bikes. I'll show you mine if you show me YOURS!
New Winter Fix by mattface, on Flickr
- Hand Built Nishiki Frame with Dimension 700c Cantilever fork
- Velo-Orange Grand Cru Sealed cartridge bearing headset and BB to keep the winter grime out.
- Black CR18 with Black Nashbar Fixed/Free hubset, black spokes and nipples.
- Panaracer t-serve 28s for now, Inova studded 35s when the snow flies
- E-A 19t cog/DA lockring,
- Bontrager 175 cranks (36t I think I haven't counted) give a lower gearing than my regular street fix. I chose these parts based on what was on hand, but I think the gearing came out just about right.
- Really cool stem with internal routing/pulley for brake cable
- black ano risers
- pretty nice seratpost
- Wright W3n Saddle (would like to change out for an Avocet racing if I can find one)
- Cetma 5 Rail front rack
- Delta rear rack
- Planet Bike Hardcore fenders
- PB blinkies and copious reflectors, because in the winter here it's dark more than it's light.