I'm looking to build up a bike out of premium/nice parts as a fixed gear.
I'm looking for suggestions on ANY parts that are 'simply awesome'.. stuff that is just hella nice to use and handle. I'm already riding a bike I built from a Raleigh Grand Prix with average parts.
On the Retro-gression website I put together some builds with what I thought were really nice components and they were coming out at $1500-2000 (was using the EAI BareKnuckle frameset)
Will be used on the street in Sydney CBD
Some problems with my current bike:
1. It is heavy
2. It noticibly flexes, can actually feel the bike twisting
3. Chainline is like a 9/10 for straightness.. looking for a 10
4. Feels like it hates riding off the curb but that is probably my 23c tires
5. Seat is quite uncomfortable
6. I feel a little pressure above the knee when I ride it fixed gear brakeless, have tried many seating positions.. bike probably doesn't fit, I haven't measured (it was free)