Advertise on Bikeforums.net



User Tag List

Results 1 to 19 of 19
  1. #1
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Greenpoint Brooklyn
    My Bikes
    Raleigh misceo 3.0
    Posts
    3
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Looking to do a custom build

    I have my eye on a leader 735 frame just wondering if it's a good dram to build up on

  2. #2
    for dynamic hybrid logics prooftheory's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Buffalo NY
    Posts
    2,204
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sure

  3. #3
    Senior Member Huffandstuff's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Portland, OR
    My Bikes
    Kilo TT - Leader 735 - Trek 820
    Posts
    878
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a 735 and in my opinion, I'd spend money on something that doesn't suck.

  4. #4
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Greenpoint Brooklyn
    My Bikes
    Raleigh misceo 3.0
    Posts
    3
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Why do you think it sucks ?
    What sould I look into ?

  5. #5
    Senior Member Philasteve's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    1,083
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Huffandstuff View Post
    I have a 735 and in my opinion, I'd spend money on something that doesn't suck.
    +1 I had a 2010 735 and I'm much happier with my new bike.

  6. #6
    Senior Member Huffandstuff's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Portland, OR
    My Bikes
    Kilo TT - Leader 735 - Trek 820
    Posts
    878
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Diesel_NY View Post
    Why do you think it sucks ?
    What sould I look into ?
    Depends on what you want the bike for. Is it for racing, messing around, tricks, street cred?

  7. #7
    Veteran Bastard Scrodzilla's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    My Bikes
    EAI Bare Knuckle / Leader 725 / 1975 Raleigh Professional Track
    Posts
    23,908
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Philasteve View Post
    +1 I had a 2010 735 and I'm much happier with my new bike.
    The new ones are much nicer.

    I'm extremely happy with my 2013 725. In fact, the main reason I got rid of my custom Dodici is because I liked my Leader better.

  8. #8
    Senior Member Philasteve's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    1,083
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrodzilla View Post
    The new ones are much nicer.

    I'm extremely happy with my 2013 725. In fact, the main reason I got rid of my custom Dodici is because I liked my Leader better.
    Yeah I guess I don't really have anything bad to say about the new ones, I never rode one. The welds look way better and the geo on my 2010 was wonky as **** which is why I didn't want it anymore.

  9. #9
    Newbie
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Greenpoint Brooklyn
    My Bikes
    Raleigh misceo 3.0
    Posts
    3
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Huffandstuff View Post
    Depends on what you want the bike for. Is it for racing, messing around, tricks, street cred?

    lol street cred, mostly i was going to use it as a means of transport and as a second bike i want to switch it up a bit. but i need a good frame cuz it will get thrashed with me on it but still want supper light

    the frame i found is on craigslist for 250

  10. #10
    Senior Member bmontgomery87's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Roanoke, Va
    My Bikes
    Raleigh Rush Hour, Leader 721
    Posts
    836
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Diesel_NY View Post

    the frame i found is on craigslist for 250
    you can get a brand new one for around 269-280 on ebay right now in your choice of color. That matte black looks pretty sweet.

  11. #11
    Uninformed Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Union County, NJ
    Posts
    809
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I didn't go with a Leader because the geometry was not conducive to my physical build. The Pre-Cursa is not really on the same quality level of the 735 (I assume), but the value I felt was very good.

    Frame, fork, headset, seat post and clamp for $350. I'm building it now. I was happy with the quality of the frame and my transaction with the site.

    http://dpmsports.com/dolan/03-track/precursa.html

  12. #12
    Veteran Racer TejanoTrackie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Ciudad de Vacas, Tejas
    My Bikes
    28 frames + 73 wheels
    Posts
    7,411
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jared. View Post
    Frame, fork, headset, seat post and clamp for $350. I'm building it now. I was happy with the quality of the frame and my transaction with the site.

    http://dpmsports.com/dolan/03-track/precursa.html
    How much was shipping or was it free ? My Pre Cursa direct from Dolan in the UK was only $263, but the shipping costs were huge and it ended up costing me $416.50, including UPS ripping me off with a fat "brokerage fee."
    What, Me Worry? - Alfred E. Neuman

    Quote Originally Posted by Dcv View Post
    I'd like to think i have as much money as brains.

  13. #13
    Veteran Bastard Scrodzilla's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    My Bikes
    EAI Bare Knuckle / Leader 725 / 1975 Raleigh Professional Track
    Posts
    23,908
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    I happen to know of another reputable US retailer that sells Dolans too.

  14. #14
    Senior Member seau grateau's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    LA
    My Bikes
    Shogun Selectra (geared), Affinity Lo Pro (fixed)
    Posts
    5,400
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    no way really
    Quote Originally Posted by adriano View Post
    thanckx.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nagrom_ View Post
    "I made love to your mother dozens of times last week, and she doesnt know what a worn chain ring looks like"

  15. #15
    Veteran Racer TejanoTrackie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Ciudad de Vacas, Tejas
    My Bikes
    28 frames + 73 wheels
    Posts
    7,411
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Scrodzilla View Post
    I happen to know of another reputable US retailer that sells Dolans too.
    Does this retailer list Dolans on their webstore so that peeps know this ?
    What, Me Worry? - Alfred E. Neuman

    Quote Originally Posted by Dcv View Post
    I'd like to think i have as much money as brains.

  16. #16
    Veteran Bastard Scrodzilla's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    My Bikes
    EAI Bare Knuckle / Leader 725 / 1975 Raleigh Professional Track
    Posts
    23,908
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Not yet but soon enough. They usually sell out faster than we can open the envelope containing the invoice.

  17. #17
    Uninformed Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Union County, NJ
    Posts
    809
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TejanoTrackie View Post
    How much was shipping or was it free ? My Pre Cursa direct from Dolan in the UK was only $263, but the shipping costs were huge and it ended up costing me $416.50, including UPS ripping me off with a fat "brokerage fee."
    I believe shipping was $25 dollars. I bought it with the Alpina road fork, so it was $325, plus shipping. I also had the unfortunate luck of being in the same state DPM is based out of so I also paid sales tax. All said and done it cost me just under $380.

    With the road fork shipped out of state, you should come in right around $350, which is why I threw that number out there.

  18. #18
    Veteran Racer TejanoTrackie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Ciudad de Vacas, Tejas
    My Bikes
    28 frames + 73 wheels
    Posts
    7,411
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jared. View Post
    I believe shipping was $25 dollars. I bought it with the Alpina road fork, so it was $325, plus shipping. I also had the unfortunate luck of being in the same state DPM is based out of so I also paid sales tax. All said and done it cost me just under $380.

    With the road fork shipped out of state, you should come in right around $350, which is why I threw that number out there.
    I didn't know the Alpina fork was available in a road version. Is it drilled for a front brake ? The reason I ordered direct from Dolan is that I wanted to get mine with the Dolan road fork rather than the Alpina track fork, so I could mount a front brake and get more rake for a bit more relaxed ride.
    What, Me Worry? - Alfred E. Neuman

    Quote Originally Posted by Dcv View Post
    I'd like to think i have as much money as brains.

  19. #19
    Uninformed Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Union County, NJ
    Posts
    809
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The Dolan road fork is made by Alpina...or so says Dolan and DPM on their sites. I have the same fork as you do, as I preferred one drilled for a front brake as well.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •