Bike Forums

Bike Forums (http://www.bikeforums.net/forum.php)
-   Singlespeed & Fixed Gear (http://www.bikeforums.net/singlespeed-fixed-gear/)
-   -   Please help determine what I have, thank you. (http://www.bikeforums.net/singlespeed-fixed-gear/940066-please-help-determine-what-i-have-thank-you.html)

VladI 03-25-14 08:26 PM

Please help determine what I have, thank you.
 
Have a fixie bike but do not know the model or brand! Any help would be great. G1108096677 is the serial number located under the body. Vitesse Racing seat with a Vilasium hub and Artek brake.
http://imageshack.us/a/img853/516/5oex.jpg <<< direct image link!

Thank you!

TejanoTrackie 03-25-14 08:29 PM

It's a very rare pedazo de mierda.

JamesCraps 03-25-14 08:34 PM

Or as my dad would say a mezza sega

VladI 03-25-14 08:37 PM

So it's crap?

kungfu 03-25-14 08:38 PM

These handle bars retail at like $250, normally they are on the other side ... but not on this model, don't know who put these rubber on the handle, if you remove them your should see a serial number starting at AA, if so they are early 2013 series and could definitely worth around 250.

VladI 03-25-14 08:48 PM

Ok let's not get smart all of a sudden

VladI 03-25-14 08:50 PM

What value would be placed on a bike like this?

TejanoTrackie 03-25-14 08:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kungfu (Post 16611691)
These handle bars retail at like $250, normally they are on the other side ... but not on this model, don't know who put these rubber on the handle, if you remove them your should see a serial number starting at AA, if so they are early 2013 series and could definitely worth around 250.

Wow ! The bars on my SE draft look just like those. I'm rich !

TejanoTrackie 03-25-14 08:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by VladI (Post 16611740)
What value would be placed on a bike like this?

About as much as I'd pay for a dog turd.

AristoNYC 03-25-14 08:52 PM

You have a $100 fixed gear bike from Walmart.
Thruster 700C Mens Fixie Bike - Walmart.com

Your bike:
http://imagizer.imageshack.us/a/img853/516/5oex.jpg
the walmart "fixie"
http://i.walmartimages.com/i/p/00/01...92_500X500.jpg

VladI 03-25-14 08:53 PM

LOL! Your dog ****s golden nuggets too? Dang, I thought I was the only one! So if anyone can direct me to a brand of the bike, model number?

VladI 03-25-14 08:56 PM

Thank you!

Scrodzilla 03-25-14 08:56 PM

Jesus ****ing Christ, kid. It's a Walmart Thruster "Fixie".

GuitarBob 03-25-14 10:36 PM

No matter how terrible that thing is, I am dumbfounded that they can somehow build, assemble, ship, and sell a complete bike for $100, and presumably a few individuals along the way are making money on it.

Hell, I just paid that much for a set of tires and tubes that I'll need to replace in a few months. Remarkable.

tombc 03-25-14 11:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GuitarBob (Post 16612036)
No matter how terrible that thing is, I am dumbfounded that they can somehow build, assemble, ship, and sell a complete bike for $100, and presumably a few individuals along the way are making money on it.

economy of scale

LesterOfPuppets 03-25-14 11:35 PM

Sometimes they go on sale for $79

Phil_gretz 03-26-14 05:04 AM

Why did the manufacturer put the brake on the rear only? That makes no sense...

TejanoTrackie 03-26-14 07:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phil_gretz (Post 16612326)
Why did the manufacturer put the brake on the rear only? That makes no sense...

Because that's the minimum CPSC government requirement. Look at the Kilo TT, same thing.

http://www.bikesdirect.com/products/..._xiii_2100.jpg

LesterOfPuppets 03-26-14 11:31 AM

All Thrusters I've seen on the floor have two brakes installed.

Enjoi Trent 03-26-14 11:31 AM

There are approximately 15 thrusters at my college, and all the same color(s).
I wonder if they ever get confused...

Scrodzilla 03-26-14 11:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LesterOfPuppets (Post 16612103)
Sometimes they go on sale for $79

I've seen them on sale for as low as $49!

Philasteve 03-26-14 12:22 PM

The resell value on that thing is virtually nothing.

LesterOfPuppets 03-26-14 12:31 PM

Nawww. Flip the bars back up, fix brake lever orientation and cable routing and $30 should be attainable on CL within a week.

rms13 03-26-14 12:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GuitarBob (Post 16612036)
No matter how terrible that thing is, I am dumbfounded that they can somehow build, assemble, ship, and sell a complete bike for $100, and presumably a few individuals along the way are making money on it.

Hell, I just paid that much for a set of tires and tubes that I'll need to replace in a few months. Remarkable.

New 54cm Steel Track Fixed Gear Bike Fixie Single Speed Road Bicycle White White | eBay

$50 with free shipping from China. Consider your mind blown

TejanoTrackie 03-26-14 01:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rms13 (Post 16613751)
New 54cm Steel Track Fixed Gear Bike Fixie Single Speed Road Bicycle White White | eBay

$50 with free shipping from China. Consider your mind blown

Sold out. Seller has zero feedback. I wonder how many will actually show up.


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 03:49 AM.