Advertise on Bikeforums.net



User Tag List

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast
Results 126 to 150 of 165
  1. #126
    Newbie Bothrops's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    My Bikes
    Dahon Helios XL
    Posts
    1
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is a really entertaining thread. I've chuckled quite a bit.

  2. #127
    Senior Member Robofunc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    St. Petersburg, FL
    My Bikes
    Schwinn, Bottecchia, projects
    Posts
    917
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a vinyl bag and a chrome collection.

  3. #128
    Senior Member seau grateau's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    LA
    My Bikes
    Shogun Selectra (geared), Affinity Lo Pro (fixed)
    Posts
    5,482
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I only eat vinyl.
    Quote Originally Posted by adriano View Post
    thanckx.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nagrom_ View Post
    "I made love to your mother dozens of times last week, and she doesnt know what a worn chain ring looks like"

  4. #129
    Senior Member SpeshulEd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Peoria, AZ
    Posts
    3,475
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    180g or gtfo!
    Hey guys, lets go play bikes!

    Strava

  5. #130
    pro in someone's theory prooftheory's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Las Cruces, NM
    My Bikes
    FTP
    Posts
    2,234
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I got to see Charlie Haden with Quartet West in 1999 or 2000 or thereabouts. Definitely a hipster. RIP.

  6. #131
    Not actually Tmonk TMonk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    My Bikes
    caad9, capo (fixed), centurion dave scott 10sp, dolan pre cursa (track)
    Posts
    6,202
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bothrops View Post
    This is a really entertaining thread. I've chuckled quite a bit.
    hipster.
    "Your beauty is an aeroplane;
    so high, my heart cannot bear the strain." -A.C. Jobim, Triste

  7. #132
    Uninformed Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Union County, NJ
    Posts
    887
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bothrops View Post
    This is a really entertaining thread. I've chuckled quite a bit.
    9 years and 1 post...definitely a hipster.

  8. #133
    Not actually Tmonk TMonk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    My Bikes
    caad9, capo (fixed), centurion dave scott 10sp, dolan pre cursa (track)
    Posts
    6,202
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    srsly
    "Your beauty is an aeroplane;
    so high, my heart cannot bear the strain." -A.C. Jobim, Triste

  9. #134
    Senior Member YouthxCrew's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Philadelphia
    My Bikes
    Raleigh Super Course, 1985 French-made Free Spirit FS10, 1977 Schwinn LeTour II
    Posts
    52
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GromCake View Post
    that word just needs to stop. anyone with any sort of interests/styles/music taste/etc outside of the football/blue-jeans-and-t-shirt-look/and classic rock or pop music gets called a hipster, it doesn't even mean anything anymore. i'm pretty close to the standard definition of hipster i guess. i ride fg, i have blue hair, i like 80s hardcore, black metal, emo, folk-punk, i skate, i'm vegan, i wear cutoff shorts and weird t-shirts, i'm an anarchist, i have a chrome bag, and a vinyl collection, shoe lace belt and black bold framed glasses. go ahead, call me a hipster. it's like the least interesting thing you could try and insult me with. hipster is up in the boring pointless insults with gay, like please come up with something more challenging.
    We're pretty much the same. I wouldn't call myself one, but my family is 100% convinced I am one. I do bike everywhere, but my main bike is a SS. Very rarely will anyone recognize the music I listen to (I did see the drummer of Negative FX while out shopping a few times and came to know him and have met people very randomly because of t shirts, but it's incredibly rare) I have a huge collection of vinyl and mostly listen to records. Not a meat eater either. My brother is convinced that my schooling and career (classical music) is also just hipsterism because he thinks only a hipster would do that.

    But I don't dress any differently from anyone else who listens to what I listen to. I mainly wear band t shirts, plain jeans, or camo shorts outside of work (where jacket and tie are required) Nobody would suspect me of being one unless they came to know me.

  10. #135
    Senior Member hockeyteeth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Gainesville, Florida
    Posts
    1,752
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ^^^
    #edgeswag

  11. #136
    Pirate/Smuggler jlafitte's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    New Orleans
    Posts
    294
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by YouthxCrew View Post
    My brother is convinced that my schooling and career (classical music) is also just hipsterism because he thinks only a hipster would do that.
    Sweet. Gonna share that with my college roomies (Peabody).

  12. #137
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    San Diego
    Posts
    181
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I love my bike and eating healthy whole foods. But I can't stand thrift stores and cheap ****. Also hate records and old music. Definitely love rap and dubstep. I wear short shorts and get mistaken for being gay. I hate coffee and beer. I guess I'm a gay thug hipster.
    Seriously, my wife says I'm hipster sometimes yet there are so many things "hipsters" do that I hate. Also, I'm in Germany right now and people say I just look European. Hmm. What is hipster these days?
    I think hipster just means European. They all dress well and ride bikes.
    Last edited by murrellington; 08-09-14 at 03:33 PM.

  13. #138
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    San Diego
    Posts
    181
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jared. View Post
    9 years and 1 post...definitely a hipster.
    Best comment on the thread

  14. #139
    Senior Member Philasteve's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    1,118
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by YouthxCrew View Post
    We're pretty much the same. I wouldn't call myself one, but my family is 100% convinced I am one. I do bike everywhere, but my main bike is a SS. Very rarely will anyone recognize the music I listen to (I did see the drummer of Negative FX while out shopping a few times and came to know him and have met people very randomly because of t shirts, but it's incredibly rare) I have a huge collection of vinyl and mostly listen to records. Not a meat eater either. My brother is convinced that my schooling and career (classical music) is also just hipsterism because he thinks only a hipster would do that.

    But I don't dress any differently from anyone else who listens to what I listen to. I mainly wear band t shirts, plain jeans, or camo shorts outside of work (where jacket and tie are required) Nobody would suspect me of being one unless they came to know me.
    A fellow Philadelphian. Sweet.
    Bye-bye Mom, it's now me and my black metal friends.

  15. #140
    My pants used to fit me Wendell F's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Manhattanite repping Queens in Brooklyn
    My Bikes
    Surly Steamroller
    Posts
    190
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by hairnet View Post
    I hate the term because it gets used on everybody that is "different".
    Or, for that matter, on anybody that's not different now that Normcore has arrived and made just putting on a shirt and pants "a thing."

  16. #141
    Senior Member Carcosa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Columbus, OH
    My Bikes
    Leader 725, '85 Bianchi Pista
    Posts
    68
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I accidentally became a full blown hipster.

    I grew a mustache a few years ago because I became a man and realized wicked sweet dudes have facial hair (avatar case and point).

    I drank so much beer that the good stuff was a natural progression. Any stout is better than Bud Light.

    I moved close enough to work to bike every day, so I got a bike where you couldn't stop pedaling because coasting is for girls.

    F*** it.

  17. #142
    Senior Member YouthxCrew's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    Philadelphia
    My Bikes
    Raleigh Super Course, 1985 French-made Free Spirit FS10, 1977 Schwinn LeTour II
    Posts
    52
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Philasteve View Post
    A fellow Philadelphian. Sweet.
    Sick. I don't think that fact that I live in a part of West Philly that's a hipster paradise helps (but it was a cheap house).

  18. #143
    Senior Member GENESTARWIND's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    las vegas
    My Bikes
    pake rum runner
    Posts
    1,620
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    do hipsters drink mickeys, king cobra and hurricane high gravity?
    http://www.pedalroom.com/bike/pake-rum-runner-14226

  19. #144
    Grumpy Old Bugga europa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Adelaide, AUSTRALIA
    My Bikes
    Europa, Hillbrick, Road Chief, Repco Superlite (Ol' Rusty)
    Posts
    3,048
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GENESTARWIND View Post
    do hipsters drink mickeys, king cobra and hurricane high gravity?
    They drink whatever you drink, wear whatever you wear, listen to whatever you listen to, ride exactly the same bikes. Sorry mate, you're a ...
    I had a good bike ... so I FIXED it

  20. #145
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    San Diego
    Posts
    181
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by europa View Post
    They drink whatever you drink, wear whatever you wear, listen to whatever you listen to, ride exactly the same bikes. Sorry mate, you're a ...
    Hipsters like to point out other hipst... ****. :/

  21. #146
    Senior Member GENESTARWIND's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    las vegas
    My Bikes
    pake rum runner
    Posts
    1,620
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    guess im screwed then.

    Next time ill invite over a bunch of hipsters for some 80's movies like blade runner and brazil along with some outlaw star and maybe tron 1 & 2 plus some wild turkey and mickeys a couple different kinds of stout/porters and a few prbs.





    Funny thing is im from oregon, well eugenel. prb is on tap in quite a few places and its cheaper than bud or miller and tastes better. **** im already a hipster because of the pbr. DAMN!
    http://www.pedalroom.com/bike/pake-rum-runner-14226

  22. #147
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    San Diego
    Posts
    181
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GENESTARWIND View Post
    guess im screwed then.

    Next time ill invite over a bunch of hipsters for some 80's movies like blade runner and brazil along with some outlaw star and maybe tron 1 & 2 plus some wild turkey and mickeys a couple different kinds of stout/porters and a few prbs.





    Funny thing is im from oregon, well eugenel. prb is on tap in quite a few places and its cheaper than bud or miller and tastes better. **** im already a hipster because of the pbr. DAMN!
    I haven't heard of anything that you just wrote. Lol. Except pbr. You spelled it prb a couple times. That's pretty hipster just switching the letters around as you please.
    I don't think I've ever had pbr before. Maybe once, either way I don't drink anymore so it doesn't matter.

  23. #148
    Senior Member GENESTARWIND's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    las vegas
    My Bikes
    pake rum runner
    Posts
    1,620
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It might have to do with the fact that ive been drinking. Or in general.

    Sometimes when i type or text i switch around letters and ive found it happens more when i drink but still happens in normal situations like texting between my boss or gf as well.

    Meh no excuses. Most likely the booze. Well then i cant explain why when i look at the kds screen at work when i ask about a number im calling out 301 and the exp guy goes do you mean 103.

    LOl

    I also dont drink before or during work.
    http://www.pedalroom.com/bike/pake-rum-runner-14226

  24. #149
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    San Diego
    Posts
    181
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Isn't it like 6 in the morning in Vegas? What are you doing drinking so early? Haha. I guess there are no drinking hours in sin city

  25. #150
    Senior Member hockeyteeth's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Gainesville, Florida
    Posts
    1,752
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by murrellington View Post
    Isn't it like 6 in the morning in Vegas? What are you doing drinking so early? Haha. I guess there are no drinking hours in sin city
    Don't indulge his alcoholism with such questions. Seriously.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •