Cycling and bicycle discussion forums. 
   Click here to join our community Log in to access your Control Panel  


Go Back   > >

Singlespeed & Fixed Gear "I still feel that variable gears are only for people over forty-five. Isn't it better to triumph by the strength of your muscles than by the artifice of a derailer? We are getting soft...As for me, give me a fixed gear!"-- Henri Desgrange (31 January 1865 - 16 August 1940)

User Tag List

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-02-14, 11:05 AM   #1
Pask2155
Newbie
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Bikes:
Posts: 3
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
SGV custom build bike

Hey guys anyone ever buy one of these SGV bikes? They are all over amazon for $199... What do you think?

All I'm looking for is a fixie for sliding, doing a few tricks, and cruising...

What's your experience with them? Are they just complete crap and a waste of money or what?
Pask2155 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-14, 11:25 AM   #2
Leukybear
THE STUFFED
 
Leukybear's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Sandy Eggo, CA
Bikes: Sworks Venge; Rock Lobster; EAI Bareknuckle
Posts: 12,114
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pask2155 View Post
Are they just complete crap and a waste of money or what?
Hey look! You just answered your own question!
Leukybear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-14, 01:29 PM   #3
Pask2155
Newbie
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Bikes:
Posts: 3
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leukybear View Post
Hey look! You just answered your own question!
Have you rode one before? Or are you being a forum bully because you are a real nice guy... Lol
Pask2155 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-14, 01:39 PM   #4
Scrodzilla
There goes Tokyo
 
Scrodzilla's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: San Diego, CA
Bikes: EAI Bare Knuckle, 1975 Raleigh Pro Track
Posts: 26,474
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 37 Post(s)
You honestly can't look at this pic and tell they're complete crap?


edit: Dat fork rake!
__________________
__________________________________

Last edited by Scrodzilla; 08-02-14 at 02:02 PM.
Scrodzilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-14, 02:02 PM   #5
Leukybear
THE STUFFED
 
Leukybear's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Sandy Eggo, CA
Bikes: Sworks Venge; Rock Lobster; EAI Bareknuckle
Posts: 12,114
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pask2155 View Post
Have you rode one before? Or are you being a forum bully because you are a real nice guy... Lol
Don't be so quick to judge. I work at a university and there's plenty of them around because of cheap students. Even more so abandoned at racks because of reasons we all know. I've even had the pleasure of riding a blue one with red deep dish wheels and a yellow one with green deep dishes. Both friends of mine have graduated to much nicer bikes.

They're heavy and very sluggish but unlike you, I'm not so quick to judge that you might prefer riding a tank at a snails pace instead of a sporty agile ride.
Leukybear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-14, 02:11 PM   #6
Pask2155
Newbie
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Bikes:
Posts: 3
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leukybear View Post
Don't be so quick to judge. I work at a university and there's plenty of them around because of cheap students. Even more so abandoned at racks because of reasons we all know. I've even had the pleasure of riding a blue one with red deep dish wheels and a yellow one with green deep dishes. Both friends of mine have graduated to much nicer bikes.

They're heavy and very sluggish but unlike you, I'm not so quick to judge that you might prefer riding a tank at a snails pace instead of a sporty agile ride.
So what would you suggest? Where should someone start for a customized bike?
Pask2155 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-14, 02:15 PM   #7
Leukybear
THE STUFFED
 
Leukybear's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Sandy Eggo, CA
Bikes: Sworks Venge; Rock Lobster; EAI Bareknuckle
Posts: 12,114
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pask2155 View Post
So what would you suggest? Where should someone start for a customized bike?
Seeing that you expressed interest on cheap bike I can assume you're on a tighter budget so a good place to start would be bikesdirect.com
I heard the #kilott is nice and worth the extra shillings.
Leukybear is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -6. The time now is 07:42 AM.