Advertise on Bikeforums.net



User Tag List

Results 1 to 7 of 7
  1. #1
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Louisville, Ky
    My Bikes
    2013 Jamis beatnik
    Posts
    152
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    thoughts on this Shogun kaze

    I was on craigslist and saw this bioke, never thought anything about it.
    Never called or anything.
    The other day a friend asked me to go out to eat with him and some friends and I did.
    While eating he knew I was looking for a bike and said his buddy had a bike.
    It turned out to be this bike.
    He want's like 160 for it but I was like would he take 70 for it.
    He said yeah, so I was thinking this is a good enough bike for that low of a price.
    So what I am thinking is, is this a good bike?
    How well are they made, how well do they ride?
    I am just over all wondering if this bike is even worth buying even at a low price for a complete.


    Here's the bike, please tell me anything.
    Thank you in advanced.

    Shogun kaze fixie

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    208
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would be all over it just to jackass it up with risers and a brooks- not joking, i would buy this if it were local to me. I like Shoguns. Ive had a few (never this model) and they're always pretty great for the money. That one though, looks like after you spend three days cleaning the nail enamel or house paint or whatever off of it, it would be a fun track bike (if they allow it on the track). I doubt it would be very enjoyable on public pavement, but I've done dumber stuff.
    Last edited by MattoftheRocks; 08-26-14 at 05:17 PM.

  3. #3
    Senior Member seau grateau's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    LA
    My Bikes
    Shogun Selectra (geared), Affinity Lo Pro (fixed)
    Posts
    5,547
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a Shogun that I like. They made some good stuff. Check it for frame damage and such. If there's nothing wrong with it, $70 is a steal. It's a bit silly for riding on the road, but that doesn't mean it wouldn't be fun. I too would throw risers on it, most likely.
    Quote Originally Posted by adriano View Post
    thanckx.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nagrom_ View Post
    "I made love to your mother dozens of times last week, and she doesnt know what a worn chain ring looks like"

  4. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Louisville, Ky
    My Bikes
    2013 Jamis beatnik
    Posts
    152
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MattoftheRocks View Post
    I would be all over it just to jackass it up with risers and a brooks- not joking, i would buy this if it were local to me. I like Shoguns. Ive had a few (never this model) and they're always pretty great for the money. That one though, looks like after you spend three days cleaning the nail enamel or house paint or whatever off of it, it would be a fun track bike (if they allow it on the track). I doubt it would be very enjoyable on public pavement, but I've done dumber stuff.
    I actually wanted to strip the paint and just make it steel.
    Is there a certain paint cleaner that is best?
    Okay I am definitely going to grab it, Thanks.

  5. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Louisville, Ky
    My Bikes
    2013 Jamis beatnik
    Posts
    152
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by seau grateau View Post
    I have a Shogun that I like. They made some good stuff. Check it for frame damage and such. If there's nothing wrong with it, $70 is a steal. It's a bit silly for riding on the road, but that doesn't mean it wouldn't be fun. I too would throw risers on it, most likely.
    Okay sounds great, I'll definitely check for any damage for sure.
    What if I did want to ride it on the road, what is the problem with it being a street bike.

  6. #6
    Senior Member seau grateau's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    LA
    My Bikes
    Shogun Selectra (geared), Affinity Lo Pro (fixed)
    Posts
    5,547
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Frames like that were purpose built for time trials and such, hence the dropped front end for a more aero riding position. Of course you can set it up any way you want, and the drop on that one doesn't look too severe. As long as it fits you, you can probably get a decent and comfortable setup going.
    Quote Originally Posted by adriano View Post
    thanckx.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nagrom_ View Post
    "I made love to your mother dozens of times last week, and she doesnt know what a worn chain ring looks like"

  7. #7
    Senior Member thewilson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    MA
    My Bikes
    Wad of bees special
    Posts
    626
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    "It easily averages 15-18 on flat."
    I ****ing knew it was all about the bike. $70 for decent cruising speeds seems like a good deal.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •