Advertise on Bikeforums.net



User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 43
  1. #1
    Banned.
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Posts
    6
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Liberals=Treason

    indeed.

  2. #2
    The Other White Meat BroMax's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Reno
    My Bikes
    Raleigh Sports 3 speed, Torker T-530
    Posts
    606
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's how King George's* men regarded the rebellious American colonists.

    *King George III back in 1776, not the guy in DC.
    Peace is not merely a distant goal that we seek, but a means by which we arrive at that goal.

    -Martin Luther King, Jr.

  3. #3
    Science Fanboy KrisPistofferson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    POS Tennessee
    My Bikes
    Gary Fisher Simple City 8, Litespeed Obed
    Posts
    7,596
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Goodbye again, dear Prisoner.
    Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Hitchens
    What can be asserted without proof can be dismissed without proof.

  4. #4
    Senior Member Mr. Gear Jammer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    250
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I still beleive most politicians are idiots, besides me .

  5. #5
    Senior Member ollo_ollo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Stayton, OR
    My Bikes
    Torelli, Bianchi Trofeo, De Rosa, Specialized Expedition Touring, Colnago Cross, Motobecane Grand Jubile & Grand Record, Miyata 710, 2 Titans, Raleigh Super Course, 3Rensho
    Posts
    3,476
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Actually I believe George III blamed the Presbyterians!

  6. #6
    Ride Daddy Ride Jet Travis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Villa Incognito
    My Bikes
    1983 Trek 720; 1983 Trek 620; 1989 Gi Cannondale Bad Boy Ultra; LeMond Victoire; Bike Friday Pocket Rocket Pro
    Posts
    2,649
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When John Paul Jones sank a fleet of British merchant vessels he was branded a terrorist. Just sayin.'
    "Light it up, Popo." --Levi Leipheimer

  7. #7
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Posts
    502
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ¿De qué liberales están hablando?

  8. #8
    Senior Member cyclezealot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    Fallbrook,Calif./Palau del Vidre, France
    My Bikes
    Klein QP, Fuji touring, Surly Cross Check, BCH City bike
    Posts
    13,144
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    From what I have read of South American current history. The presidents of Bolivia who I'd considered treasonous are Hugo Banzer and Sanchez Ramirez; and Argentina Carlos Menen. They sold out their countries. Are they liberals? I understand them to be called "neo liberals. ' Are they still liberals.?/ Oh, yes then there is former president Carlos Mesa of Bolivia. but he fled the country. another neo liberal. He and Lozada both had to flee the country. Think it is Mesa who is Now in exile residing with Bechtel International Inc., in San Francisco.
    Last edited by cyclezealot; 09-23-07 at 03:25 PM.

  9. #9
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Posts
    502
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cyclezealot View Post
    From what I have read of South American current history. The presidents of Bolivia who I'd considered treasonous are Hugo Banzer and Sanchez Ramirez; and Argentina Carlos Menen. They sold out their countries. Are they liberals? I understand them to be called "neo liberals. ' Are they still liberals.?/ Oh, yes then there is former president Carlos Mesa of Bolivia. but he fled the country. another neo liberal. He and Lozada both had to flee the country. Think it is Mesa who is Now in exile residing with Bechtel International Inc., in San Francisco.
    Yes Cyclezelot, your information is accurate. But you make an excelent question: "Are they still liberal?".

    In my country (and in South America) the politicians change their convictions all the time. Our president Nestor Kirtchner now is in the left when in other times he praised the neo-liberals-IMF politics. Menem, Sanchez de Lozada, Fujimori, Salinas de Gortari were "liberals" when times before they like to show a socialist image.

    Treason? Yes, the liberals are traitorous, and the socialist and communist too. But lamentably it is common in our political life. And for that reason when a person says be a liberal, or a socialist, or a communist, nobody believe it. When the winds blow to the left they are all in the left and whe the winds blow to the right they are all in the right.

    This is in part a problem of a very violent political life with a lot of people killed, The politicians prefere have a feet in the left an the other in the rigth, so they can change in a hard time. They are too cowards to maintain a conviction until the end

  10. #10
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    TORONTO , ONT , CA
    My Bikes
    '86 AMBROSI / C RECORD. PINARELLO MONTELLO / FRAME, FORK.
    Posts
    738
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes, something like Liberals / NDP in Canada !

    Reguards, (regards)
    J T

  11. #11
    Healthy and active twobikes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Caldwell, Idaho USA
    My Bikes
    mid-60's Dunelt 10-speed, Specialized Allez Sport Tripple, Trek 7.2 FX
    Posts
    887
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    An interesting book to read is Mona Charen's "Useful Idiots." It documents how liberals in the USA spoke with great conviction, but got it wrong consistently for more than forty years. At the time they swayed some people, but time and history showed them wrong. Some of the same people are still around saying the same things, but they have learned nothing from history.

    There is a concept called beautiful ideas that kill. Socialism and Communism are beautiful ideas, but people get hurt badly when they are followed.
    Who am I?
    Where did I come from?
    Why am I here?
    Where am I going?

  12. #12
    Senior Member cyclezealot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2001
    Location
    Fallbrook,Calif./Palau del Vidre, France
    My Bikes
    Klein QP, Fuji touring, Surly Cross Check, BCH City bike
    Posts
    13,144
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by amigo View Post
    Yes Cyclezelot, your information is accurate. But you make an excelent question: "Are they still liberal?".
    Amigo. I think the message is , politicians of all political stripes are capable of treason. Certainly one of the most morally challenged politicians in all of South America would be Colombia's Uribe. He certainly is no liberal, yet barely evolved out of gangster politics.

  13. #13
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    TORONTO , ONT , CA
    My Bikes
    '86 AMBROSI / C RECORD. PINARELLO MONTELLO / FRAME, FORK.
    Posts
    738
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I try to steer clear of 'Liberals', and 'liberals', in general;

    as well as little boys with slingshots.


    A L S O . . .

    Is anyone that posts here familiar with Mendoza, R A ?

    I have in my possession an 'Ambrosi', road bike '86/'87,

    decaled by: 'Ambrosi, Alem 1359 Godoy Cruz, Mendoza R A'.

    On the web, I have noticed three ; 'Ambrosi shops', but only

    one at the above address and the name 'Sergio Ambrossi', as

    the contact. The problems are:

    (1) I cannot find his web address again.

    (2) Will he speak English/Italian/Spanish/Portuguese ?

    Of incidental note, the 'Ambrosi', frame appears finer in terms of

    esthetics (but not by very much) compared to my '86 Pinnarello !


    Regards,
    J T

  14. #14
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Posts
    502
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by J T CUNNINGHAM View Post
    I try to steer clear of 'Liberals', and 'liberals', in general;

    as well as little boys with slingshots.


    A L S O . . .

    Is anyone that posts here familiar with Mendoza, R A ?

    I have in my possession an 'Ambrosi', road bike '86/'87,

    decaled by: 'Ambrosi, Alem 1359 Godoy Cruz, Mendoza R A'.

    On the web, I have noticed three ; 'Ambrosi shops', but only

    one at the above address and the name 'Sergio Ambrossi', as

    the contact. The problems are:

    (1) I cannot find his web address again.

    (2) Will he speak English/Italian/Spanish/Portuguese ?

    Of incidental note, the 'Ambrosi', frame appears finer in terms of

    esthetics (but not by very much) compared to my '86 Pinnarello !


    Regards,
    J T
    Mendoza is a province in the south of Argentina, Godoy Cruz is a town of Mendoza province. In Argentina we talk spanish but we had a lot of italian inmigrants.

    Are you looking for someone called Sergio Ambrossi? In Mendoza?

  15. #15
    Science Fanboy KrisPistofferson's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    POS Tennessee
    My Bikes
    Gary Fisher Simple City 8, Litespeed Obed
    Posts
    7,596
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sometimes I get them menstrual cramps real hard.

  16. #16
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Posts
    502
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cyclezealot View Post
    Amigo. I think the message is , politicians of all political stripes are capable of treason. Certainly one of the most morally challenged politicians in all of South America would be Colombia's Uribe. He certainly is no liberal, yet barely evolved out of gangster politics.
    To be honest i don't know if Uribe is a liberal or not. But he begun his president term with promises that he never did. And he could not did it because he is a corrupt, like all the others "liberals" and not liberals.

  17. #17
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    TORONTO , ONT , CA
    My Bikes
    '86 AMBROSI / C RECORD. PINARELLO MONTELLO / FRAME, FORK.
    Posts
    738
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you for your reply Amigo !

    After what you have told me, it appeares there are only two shops in Godoy Cruz, the

    other is in Ciudad De Mendoza. The unknown second shop is the one that I am interested in.

    The two shops that are listed, one in Godoy Cruz and the other in Ciudad De Mendoza,

    both have the same email address; it is the unknown shop with Sergio Ambrossi whom

    I want to contact. To my mind, I will email them regarding Sergio's whereabouts.

    ( I just hope that they are all friends !)

    I will keep you posted on this matter, and thank you again for the info .


    Regards,
    J T

  18. #18
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Posts
    502
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by J T CUNNINGHAM View Post
    Thank you for your reply Amigo !

    After what you have told me, it appeares there are only two shops in Godoy Cruz, the

    other is in Ciudad De Mendoza. The unknown second shop is the one that I am interested in.

    The two shops that are listed, one in Godoy Cruz and the other in Ciudad De Mendoza,

    both have the same email address; it is the unknown shop with Sergio Ambrossi whom

    I want to contact. To my mind, I will email them regarding Sergio's whereabouts.

    ( I just hope that they are all friends !)

    I will keep you posted on this matter, and thank you again for the info .


    Regards,
    J T
    No problem, and if you need help with the spanish we are here, but Mendoza is a turism-province so surely they talk english.

    Good Luck, J T!

  19. #19
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    TORONTO , ONT , CA
    My Bikes
    '86 AMBROSI / C RECORD. PINARELLO MONTELLO / FRAME, FORK.
    Posts
    738
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Amigo,

    nothing yet.


    Regards,
    J T

  20. #20
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Posts
    27
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Actually, Treason is one of the few crimes that is proscibed in the Constitution of the United States. I believe it takes two witnesses to a treasonous act to convict someone. It's in there like that because in the countries the colonist came from...charging someone with "Treason" was a convienient way to get rid of troublemakers. All it took was the monarch/king declaring it so and "poof" you were a goner.

  21. #21
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Posts
    502
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by J T CUNNINGHAM View Post
    Amigo,

    nothing yet.


    Regards,
    J T
    Store name: Bicicletas Ambrosi
    Street: Sarmiento 1152
    Town: Godoy Cruz
    Province: Mendoza - Argentina
    Telephon n°: 0261-452-0253

    It is all the information that i have of Ambrosi bikes

  22. #22
    Behind EVERYone!!! baj32161's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Burlington ON, Canada
    My Bikes
    '11 Cannondale Synapsese 5 105
    Posts
    5,871
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Does this thread really belong in here?
    Fellow members. I am riding in The 2014 Ride to Conquer Cancer
    I am starting to raise $2500 to support the wonderful work done at The Princess Margaret Cancer Centre. Please support this great organization.

    Please help me by donating so that I can ride. Please go to my link at www.conquercancer.ca/goto/Brian_Johnson . I would greatly appreciate it.

    Bless You All.

    Brian J.

  23. #23
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    TORONTO , ONT , CA
    My Bikes
    '86 AMBROSI / C RECORD. PINARELLO MONTELLO / FRAME, FORK.
    Posts
    738
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by baj32161 View Post
    Does this thread really belong in here?

    Yes, it indeed does; this is 'treason', without the 'libs'.


    regards,
    J T

  24. #24
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2002
    Posts
    502
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    J. T., here the only person i find is Alejandro S. Ambrossi in Villa Nueva (Mendoza) but i have only his phone number. The person you are looking for is member of a bike team or only an store owner?

  25. #25
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    TORONTO , ONT , CA
    My Bikes
    '86 AMBROSI / C RECORD. PINARELLO MONTELLO / FRAME, FORK.
    Posts
    738
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Amigo, I sent them an email, but no reply as yet. probably a 'phone call will do the trick.

    Did you get my email or was it an 'inbox', last week as well?

    I will keep you posted.


    Regards,
    J T

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •