Bike Forums

Bike Forums (http://www.bikeforums.net/forum.php)
-   Southeast (http://www.bikeforums.net/southeast/)
-   -   Roll call -- Louisiana (http://www.bikeforums.net/southeast/262960-roll-call-louisiana.html)

Fastfingaz 02-14-13 05:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Christobevii3 (Post 15263650)
Does anyone ride with a group on saturdays in nola? I just got a bike rack and in Houma (seems not very bike friendly) but I'm getting sick of the trainer all the time.

Tell you cristo there is a group that rides every Sat. i believe around 6 am they meet at the jefferson playground an riverroad and ride up river about 25 miles and back makes for a 50 mile run you get cross winds comming and going some time strong so your legs got ot be right

wattsne1999 02-18-13 08:48 AM

LA New Orleans Jefferson
 
Hi
Just checking in.
:)
Ride Harahan to New Orleans

Quote:

Originally Posted by rs_woods (Post 3724175)
Haven't seen any La posts. In particular, is anyone in the New Orleans/Jefferson area (including westbank)?


Fastfingaz 02-25-13 04:46 PM

O.K. this is an invitation to a duatholon in Challmette yea the Pelicanman 2-10-2 you know what I'm talking about?????? it"s April 7 in the morning please try to make this!!!!! this is for everybody in the New Orleans area!!!!!! or Mississippi even!!!great event !!!friendly people!! good food!!and cold BEER!!!!!!!!you can do it!!!!!!

Christobevii3 03-05-13 10:17 PM

Fastfingaz, do you know what speeds they average?

Fastfingaz 03-06-13 06:08 PM

Christo,,,,speeds vary from beginners to racers in other words all levels because there are runners on bikes and there are bikers running !!!it can take some an hour fifteen mins. or it can take someone else three hours!!!!! my speed from 15-17 mph others 20-+ no matter everybody has a good time come do it you'll love it and you do good!!!!!! post e-mail I'll send registration or go Challmette track club...........

Joelpatrick 03-11-13 09:21 AM

I started riding last year and live in New Orleans. I usually ride around the City Park area and on Lakeshore if it isn't terribly windy on the weekends and evenings. I also commute from Mid City area down through Downtown and over to Uptown a few days a week. I just bought my first road bike after clocking over 1,500 miles on my hybrid within the first 8 months of owning it so I'm getting into the sport a little bit more. I know of a few social rides that go on regularly but they're either too laid back(cruiser type rides) or too hardcore. I'm looking for something in the middle of these two speeds. I ride for fitness and can usually maintain decent average speeds but I also like taking it easy during the ride at times to enjoy it a little more. If anyone ever wants to meet up for a ride, let me know. Seems like City Park around NOMA is a pretty safe meeting point.

Fastfingaz 03-12-13 03:54 PM

alright Joel I ride the park sometimes too but if you want some miles you'll have to get on the levee in back of Audubon park or Jefferson play ground and ride up river to the end makes for a nice 50 miles there and back!! try it!!

Christobevii3 03-12-13 08:50 PM

I did that levee saturday. Nice trail. Rode Houma too for the first time.

Houma
http://app.strava.com/activities/44188606

New Orleans
http://app.strava.com/activities/43803860

Fastfingaz 03-13-13 08:14 PM

alright bevii3 how werethe head winds?? it is a nice ride ! where did you start? did you hook up with any groups out there?I've never been to Houma on my bike but I have run the food fest 5k a few times!!!

Christobevii3 03-13-13 10:22 PM

I rode with a group today in Houma, kinda scattered. See how it goes once I get in better shape. I started at the Zoo in Nola by myself. Quite a bit of wind on the way back.

Christobevii3 04-06-13 03:12 PM

Oh go with the longer group ride today you say? It will be fun!

http://app.strava.com/activities/47546419

Pics!

http://i.imgur.com/93nNCq1l.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/gLno2hwl.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/hheqvC2l.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/apIBv6El.jpg

longpatterned 04-23-13 10:08 PM

New Orleans, Gentilly Terrace and Faubourg Marigny. Fair weather cyclist, retired commuter, and often lead blocker for avid commuters. Bike mechanic to the stars, commuters, and anyone seeking a master pro wrench. Used to ride a couple thousand miles a years, now a couple hundred. Mostly ride evenings and try to make a few group rides with bikeeasy.org

Fastfingaz 08-11-13 05:01 PM

Alright !!!! it's coming back around!!!!!!!! get ready!!!!!!!!I'ma tell ya!!!!!!!

boucher 08-25-13 06:26 PM

What's up slow posters! I'm from Lake Charles and just started cycling.

Dessert 08-25-13 07:25 PM

I live in St. Amant, just about 60 miles North of New Orleans. I'm just recreational riding right now. I do morning rides of ~14 miles and am trying to get adjusted to riding. I'm a beginner and will eventually join others on rides when I feel more confident in what I am doing.

Dessert 08-25-13 07:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by boucher (Post 15998258)
What's up slow posters! I'm from Lake Charles and just started cycling.

Boucher how do you like your Allez? I'm thinking about maybe getting an Allez or the Secteur. Why did you choose one over the other?

boucher 08-25-13 09:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dessert (Post 15998446)
Boucher how do you like your Allez? I'm thinking about maybe getting an Allez or the Secteur. Why did you choose one over the other?

I love it! I honestly didn't consider the Secteur because I wanted something with more "race" geometry and didn't think I'd benefit from a more "endurance" frame. I did ride a Roubaix, though, and liked it. I just felt better on the Allez. I chose the Elite model because of the price/value. So far, I've only put 75 miles on it over 3 rides. I'll clock a lot more miles once I get back home from offshore.

Dessert 08-26-13 07:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by boucher (Post 15998804)
I love it! I honestly didn't consider the Secteur because I wanted something with more "race" geometry and didn't think I'd benefit from a more "endurance" frame. I did ride a Roubaix, though, and liked it. I just felt better on the Allez. I chose the Elite model because of the price/value. So far, I've only put 75 miles on it over 3 rides. I'll clock a lot more miles once I get back home from offshore.

Fair enough. So in your opinion, what kind of rider would want the "endurance" frame? Also what do you think about the Zertz inserts? When you rode the Roubaix, could you tell that the ride was different because of the Zertz inserts?

boucher 08-26-13 10:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dessert (Post 16002065)
Fair enough. So in your opinion, what kind of rider would want the "endurance" frame? Also what do you think about the Zertz inserts? When you rode the Roubaix, could you tell that the ride was different because of the Zertz inserts?

I guess someone that wouldn't mind sacrificing a small amount of performance for a small gain in comfort. I could tell a slight difference in ride quality on the Roubaix. Not sure if it was fully from the Zertz, or just the frame design.

Fastfingaz 11-21-13 09:02 PM

Just to get back to the front page.........................................

Fastfingaz 02-22-14 05:25 PM

Pelicanman comming again,,,,,,,,,

hammock 02-24-14 09:14 AM

http://i965.photobucket.com/albums/a...psrugsbsq5.jpg

It finally has been pretty enough to get out there and ride.


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 03:30 AM.