Advertise on Bikeforums.net



User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 53
  1. #1
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Aggieland
    My Bikes
    Cannondale 2.8 Ultegra / 105
    Posts
    520
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Southeast Bikeforums Jersey (Interest Gauging Thread)

    Folks:

    Norcal and Socal people are way ahead of us with local BF jerseys. It's been a while since the bikeforums jersey was made too. I am all up for a pair of bibs and a new southeast jersey.

    If you'd like to see this happen, please post here. We can then solicit BF artists to unleash new designs.

  2. #2
    Life is good RonH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2001
    Location
    Between Crystal River and Hernando, Florida, 6 miles west of the Withlacoochee Trail
    My Bikes
    I've had several since 1999 but have settled on my beloved 2001 Litespeed Tuscany and my latest, a 2015 Cannondale Supersix EVO
    Posts
    13,896
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Works for me. Just don't buy from Sugoi.
    My bikes: 2001 Litespeed Tuscany---2015 Cannondale Supersix EVO carbon

    I thought of that while riding my bicycle -- Albert Einstein

  3. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Aggieland
    My Bikes
    Cannondale 2.8 Ultegra / 105
    Posts
    520
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, I don't really understand what is going on with all the meltdown on socal forums. Talking about making a jersey is not allowed anymore? If that is the case, I would leave BF for good.

  4. #4
    Born too slow.
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Smyrna, GA
    My Bikes
    08 Lemond Tourmalet
    Posts
    153
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am in. I alway need more jerseys and junk.

  5. #5
    Up on the Down Side CyLowe97's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Chicago(ish)
    Posts
    6,327
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by crypticlineage View Post
    Norcal and Socal people are way ahead of us with local BF jerseys.
    Texas has two versions and Great Lakes has one.

    C'mon Southeast. Get with the times, people!

    Here's a suggestion for you. Don't do a vote on this. It can get messy. What Psimet did for the Great Lakes jersey is he took control from the start in private. He put together a design, worked offline with a few others to tweak the idea, then had another forum member with a good head for designing on the computer to make some cosmetic changes so the graphics would stand out.

    Once that was done, Psimet posted a public thread and basically said, "Here it is. This is what we're getting. If you're in, come along for the ride." Once there were 10 people onboard, we knew it would happen.

    Good luck and make them look sharp!

  6. #6
    Argyle Army Foot Soldier cnickgo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Cary/Boone, NC
    My Bikes
    Fort Gestus, 79 Raleigh Super Grand Prix, 81 Raleigh Supercourse, Mosh Lux 2* Gold, IRO Rob Roy on order
    Posts
    180
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I like the idea, maybe we, with our charming southern hospitality can have a orderly and productive, maybe even half democratic, design contest?

    O wait, this is the interwebz.

    I'm in assuming the order doesn't go through this month. I'm already stretching it for my team kit. I would be willing to do administrative duties, as I have a good amount of free time on my hands.

    Why not Sugoi Ron? Just wondering.

  7. #7
    Life is good RonH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2001
    Location
    Between Crystal River and Hernando, Florida, 6 miles west of the Withlacoochee Trail
    My Bikes
    I've had several since 1999 but have settled on my beloved 2001 Litespeed Tuscany and my latest, a 2015 Cannondale Supersix EVO
    Posts
    13,896
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Anyone have any design ideas? Color schemes? Cost?
    My bikes: 2001 Litespeed Tuscany---2015 Cannondale Supersix EVO carbon

    I thought of that while riding my bicycle -- Albert Einstein

  8. #8
    Senior Member JohnKScott's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Franklin, TN
    My Bikes
    None yo damn binness
    Posts
    3,258
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I may be interested depending on how cool it looks and how much it costs

  9. #9
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Aggieland
    My Bikes
    Cannondale 2.8 Ultegra / 105
    Posts
    520
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Great! Looks like we have at least a few folks interested right now. We need to solicit some BFer artists to get some designs going.

    I have gotten two Bikeforums jerseys in the past, one the original bf jersey and one from NorCal. Both were ordered from Champ-Sys. If possible I would like to try Voler this time, even though they're expensive. They seem to have better quality than Champ-Sys.

    JohnKScott: My previous jerseys cost me about $60 including shipping.

    RonH: Thanks for offering to do the administrative job. I would be willing to put some effort into it as well.

    So.... any designers?

  10. #10
    Argyle Army Foot Soldier cnickgo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Cary/Boone, NC
    My Bikes
    Fort Gestus, 79 Raleigh Super Grand Prix, 81 Raleigh Supercourse, Mosh Lux 2* Gold, IRO Rob Roy on order
    Posts
    180
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ok, so I looked at several companies and ChampSys looks like the best. We just need a 10 jersey minimum, and then we can add on whatever else we want. Colors are unlimited. This is who SoCal is dealing with right now. Heres the price list:
    http://www.champ-sys.com/index.asp?i...stom%20Cycling

    $45 Short Sleeve
    $60 Bibs
    The chamois is the same one they give to their pro sponsor teams. Looks pretty comfy to me.

    Heres the link for templates:
    http://www.champ-sys.com/index.asp?i...stom%20Cycling

    Do a design or sketch, anyway you want to do it, so we can get some ideas out there. Print out on paper and take a picture if you want, we can go from there trying to get somebody to do the vector work.

    Interest List:
    1.Crypticlineage
    2.Wolfpack
    3.RonH
    4.Bifnasty
    5.Cnickgo
    6.JohnKScott
    7.Pedal Wrench

    Edit: The interest list is not a commitment. Simply a headcount and "mailing" list.
    Last edited by cnickgo; 04-11-08 at 11:21 AM.

  11. #11
    Argyle Army Foot Soldier cnickgo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Cary/Boone, NC
    My Bikes
    Fort Gestus, 79 Raleigh Super Grand Prix, 81 Raleigh Supercourse, Mosh Lux 2* Gold, IRO Rob Roy on order
    Posts
    180
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by crypticlineage View Post
    Great! Looks like we have at least a few folks interested right now. We need to solicit some BFer artists to get some designs going.

    I have gotten two Bikeforums jerseys in the past, one the original bf jersey and one from NorCal. Both were ordered from Champ-Sys. If possible I would like to try Voler this time, even though they're expensive. They seem to have better quality than Champ-Sys.

    JohnKScott: My previous jerseys cost me about $60 including shipping.

    RonH: Thanks for offering to do the administrative job. I would be willing to put some effort into it as well.

    So.... any designers?
    Voler has a 25 minimum, and increases price with the amount of colors. That would depend heavily on our interest and design.

  12. #12
    Life is good RonH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2001
    Location
    Between Crystal River and Hernando, Florida, 6 miles west of the Withlacoochee Trail
    My Bikes
    I've had several since 1999 but have settled on my beloved 2001 Litespeed Tuscany and my latest, a 2015 Cannondale Supersix EVO
    Posts
    13,896
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by crypticlineage View Post
    I have gotten two Bikeforums jerseys in the past, one the original bf jersey and one from NorCal. Both were ordered from Champ-Sys. If possible I would like to try Voler this time, even though they're expensive. They seem to have better quality than Champ-Sys.
    I bought two of the original BF jerseys in 2002?/2003? and they were from Sugoi, not Champ-Sys. They were cut for slim European type riders. I had to get XXL (I believe) to fit my "American" physique. They hung down to my ..... Well they were too long.
    I have a few jerseys from Voler (Velowear) and they fit very well. I wear size L.
    Even though the Voler jerseys would cost a little more, I'd be willing to pay the extra cost.

    Can't help with the design/artwork. I had Adobe Illustrator on my PC but gave the PC to a friend a month ago. I don't have anything like AI on my Mac .
    My bikes: 2001 Litespeed Tuscany---2015 Cannondale Supersix EVO carbon

    I thought of that while riding my bicycle -- Albert Einstein

  13. #13
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Aggieland
    My Bikes
    Cannondale 2.8 Ultegra / 105
    Posts
    520
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is looking better :d. I am excited. I will ask around with my friends if someone can help us with designs. Or we will have to track people who did this before down.

  14. #14
    Senior Member Pedal Wench's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    2,046
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Depending on final design, I could be in. Could we get women's cut jerseys too?

  15. #15
    Climbing Above It All BikeWNC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Basking in the Sun.
    Posts
    4,146
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I can't understand why the BF name has to be anywhere on the jersey. Are they paying for the advertising spot on the jersey therefore reducing our cost? If not, then I don't see the problem with leaving it off.

  16. #16
    Life is good RonH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2001
    Location
    Between Crystal River and Hernando, Florida, 6 miles west of the Withlacoochee Trail
    My Bikes
    I've had several since 1999 but have settled on my beloved 2001 Litespeed Tuscany and my latest, a 2015 Cannondale Supersix EVO
    Posts
    13,896
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BikeWNC
    I can't understand why the BF name has to be anywhere on the jersey. Are they paying for the advertising spot on the jersey therefore reducing our cost? If not, then I don't see the problem with leaving it off.
    The BF logo would help others pick you out in a crowd. Rather than just being a cyclist, you'd be a BF member/cyclist.
    My bikes: 2001 Litespeed Tuscany---2015 Cannondale Supersix EVO carbon

    I thought of that while riding my bicycle -- Albert Einstein

  17. #17
    Up on the Down Side CyLowe97's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Chicago(ish)
    Posts
    6,327
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Beware. Threads in the Southern California section got deleted because the jerseys did not incorporate Bike Forums into the design. It violated something in the user guidelines.

  18. #18
    Climbing Above It All BikeWNC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Basking in the Sun.
    Posts
    4,146
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CyLowe97 View Post
    Beware. Threads in the Southern California section got deleted because the jerseys did not incorporate Bike Forums into the design. It violated something in the user guidelines.
    Count me out then. I don't feel like paying for someone else's advertising. Thanks.

  19. #19
    Up on the Down Side CyLowe97's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Chicago(ish)
    Posts
    6,327
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Brian, I hope my post above was not out of line. Perhaps you can explain to the folks here why the forum and Internet Brands do not approve of any jersey thread that does not incorporate the forum name and how it violates the guidelines of the board.

    Some transparency and clarity from the admin team upfront here could help them understand what they can and cannot do when putting together a regional jersey.

  20. #20
    Senior Member Brian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Between the mountains and the lake.
    My Bikes
    8 bikes - one for each day of the week!
    Posts
    16,745
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CyLowe97 View Post
    Brian, I hope my post above was not out of line. Perhaps you can explain to the folks here why the forum and Internet Brands do not approve of any jersey thread that does not incorporate the forum name and how it violates the guidelines of the board.

    Some transparency and clarity from the admin team upfront here could help them understand what they can and cannot do when putting together a regional jersey.
    Yours was not out of line. In the past, Joe always approved jerseys that promoted the forums and fostered a sense of community amongst members. When the site was sold, the new owners assured me that they did not want to change things. Since they are not in the business of selling clothing, (and don't want to be) it was no trouble to get them to give their approval to members that wanted to participate in the design of a regional jersey that promotes the site.

    The gray area is a design that does not incorporate the site name. At that point, it's more of someone else's commercial venture. There is no benefit to the site, and it's not fair to the paying advertisers.

    Hope that offers a bit of clarification.

  21. #21
    Argyle Army Foot Soldier cnickgo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Cary/Boone, NC
    My Bikes
    Fort Gestus, 79 Raleigh Super Grand Prix, 81 Raleigh Supercourse, Mosh Lux 2* Gold, IRO Rob Roy on order
    Posts
    180
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Who's commercial venture is it? The clothing company receives their business regardless of the design having BikeForums on it. Is it someone else's commercial venture, or BikeForums missing out on free advertising?

  22. #22
    Chepooka StupidlyBrave's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    South Central PA
    My Bikes
    1990 Trek 1400 7spd; 2001 Litespeed Arenberg 10 speed
    Posts
    1,158
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian View Post
    <snip>
    ...fostered a sense of community amongst members...
    <snip>
    The gray area is a design that does not incorporate the site name. At that point, it's more of someone else's commercial venture. There is no benefit to the site, and it's not fair to the paying advertisers.

    <snip>
    A gray area would be neither allowed or explicitly disallowed. An uncommitted transaction I would also like to offer that these are arranged without a profit to the coordinator. Not even a free jersey. All "community service" if you will. I could be wrong about that, but that's my expectation and why I would be grateful to the coordinator for donating their time.

    That said, I can't imagine anyone would make a forums jersey without the forum name on it. <shrugs>

    Perhaps the coordinator would be so kind as to forward the proposed jersey for approval by the admin team prior to a public unveiling. This also incorporates Psimet's excellent idea mentioned by CyLowe97. If the admin team doesn't approve, you either redesign it or use some other site to collect interested parties.

    Seems like a good idea to me, but I have no skin in this. Good luck.

  23. #23
    Spin it off, Snack Fairy! Alasdair's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Upstate South Carolina
    My Bikes
    2006 Fuji Team Pro
    Posts
    526
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was actually a bit excited about the prospect of new cycling clothing, but thanks to the drama, I'm out.

    I miss the old forums where we all just enjoyed talking about cycling and Big Brother was like a janitor who just came out to clean up messes.
    Experience is that thing you get just after you needed it.

  24. #24
    Senior Member Brian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Between the mountains and the lake.
    My Bikes
    8 bikes - one for each day of the week!
    Posts
    16,745
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by StupidlyBrave View Post
    A gray area would be neither allowed or explicitly disallowed. An uncommitted transaction I would also like to offer that these are arranged without a profit to the coordinator. Not even a free jersey. All "community service" if you will. I could be wrong about that, but that's my expectation and why I would be grateful to the coordinator for donating their time.

    That said, I can't imagine anyone would make a forums jersey without the forum name on it. <shrugs>

    Perhaps the coordinator would be so kind as to forward the proposed jersey for approval by the admin team prior to a public unveiling. This also incorporates Psimet's excellent idea mentioned by CyLowe97. If the admin team doesn't approve, you either redesign it or use some other site to collect interested parties.

    Seems like a good idea to me, but I have no skin in this. Good luck.
    There's no need for approval. If someone wants to wear a jersey promoting the site, I can't imagine that the owners would disapprove. But of there's no mention of BikeForums.net, wouldn't that make it just another jersey?

    Quote Originally Posted by Alasdair View Post
    I was actually a bit excited about the prospect of new cycling clothing, but thanks to the drama, I'm out.
    Do you apply that logic to all your purchases?

  25. #25
    Chepooka StupidlyBrave's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    South Central PA
    My Bikes
    1990 Trek 1400 7spd; 2001 Litespeed Arenberg 10 speed
    Posts
    1,158
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian View Post
    There's no need for approval. If someone wants to wear a jersey promoting the site, I can't imagine that the owners would disapprove.

    This is the crux of the matter, IMHO. The community is the people, not the database tables and web servers. These fine folks want a jersey to support an celebrate the community that that have created and/or found here. I think that is within the spirit of what was offered in the past. The whole of bikeforums.net and the community/communities there are different partitions. And they can have their own jerseys, tee shirts and other trinkets.


    Quote Originally Posted by Brian View Post
    But of there's no mention of BikeForums.net, wouldn't that make it just another jersey?
    This is my opinion as well, but I am a disinterested party. As such, I am inclined to keep my trap shut about it (other than to say "http://bikeforums.net/forumdisplay.php?f=199 FTW!!!11!! Baybee!!!" )

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •