A few months back my daughter and I were riding on the Pinellas Train in St Pete FL and I came across some of the volunteer Trail Rangers that ride the trail offering directions, trail assistance and aid to trail users. Since that time I have found that The Legacy Trail in Sarasota FL has the same type of volunteer program called The Legacy Trail Ambassadors. I was very impressed with both programs. With this being said I am very interested in forming a group of volunteers to ride trails here in Seminole county.
My question to the forum is this:
1. Do any of you have knowledge of such a group in the area that you live and ride?
2. Do you have any local web site for such a group in your area?
3. Do you know of a person that I could correspond with to seek help to move this program forward?
4. In your opinion does a volunteer program such as this have added value?
5. Do you have any suggestions that you can offer to strengthen my proposal to the local Parks and Recreation Dept.
I am cross posting this in the 50+ forum and general cycling forum
Thanks for any advise/help that you can offer.
Slo Spoke Jim