Slo Spoke Jim
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Altamonte Springs, FL
Bikes: 1982 Raleigh road bike & love it
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
For those that have not done this ride here are some details.
1. You can start @ any location on the trail and ride to Inverness to register.
2. If you are comming from the south Ridge Manor has a good trail head with lot's of parking, rest room and water.
3. Ridge manor is located just east of I 75 and SR 50.
4. The southern most trail head is Owensboro Junction (parking only as best I can remember) about 6 miles south of Ridge Manor and 6 miles north of Dade City, on SR 301
5. Well manned SAG support will most likly be at the registration area in Inverness, Floral City and some place around Nobleton. There will also be some support at the Citrus Springs and Owensboro location.
6. Wallace Brooks Park in Inverness is a great place to relax for a while after the ride.
7. Some pople have raised concern about Trikees (sp) As I said in my original post I don't know if they will be their or not. IMHO this modes of transportation are a fad that has already passed.
8. Fort Cooper State Park is just south of Inverness. Information that I have seen states that there is a charge but I have rode right in both times that I have been their
9. SAG support will probably end about 2 pm
I am not associated with this ride in any way, my agenda is that I enjoy this ride and I hope others do as well.