Touring! from Gulfport to Key west, Tips and Advice
I have this ambitious idea to do a touring trip from gulfport allll the way to key west (basically following the coastline as close as posible) around mid May this year.
I'm still in my early planning stages ( the idea was conceived i 4 nites ago) but I'm hoping to run it through some locals so far.
(be here for new orleans jazz fest)>
Ferry to> Fort morgan
Grayton beach state park
Then train from back to NYP
Basically I'm hoping to follow the coastline until Apalachicola, rough it over to Jacksonville, then take it easy all the way down the coastline to Keywest.
So i'm still fuzzy on a lot of details, but hopfully with your help I could nail out some issues, I have a few questions for those around the areas.
- Is mid May a good time to tour?
- I plan on couch surfing, but how is camping along highways? (especially around gulf breeze, apalachicola> Jacksonville>keywest, hopfully I could sneak a camp somewhere)
- Must see destinations around these areas? (place to stop/ camp? / hot springs?)
- ATnT coverage? (i'm geeky with my iphone, but yes i would have hard copy maps)
- If you have done something similar, I would love to hear your experience.
So thats it, this is all I have for now,
Thank you and thanks again in advance
- f (=*y