Advertise on Bikeforums.net



User Tag List

Page 18 of 57 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast
Results 426 to 450 of 1401
  1. #426
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    4,560
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Brandy, I don't think so... but maybe. I'm getting old and the ol' bean doesn't work as well as it used to.

    Mo, there's more of us on the planet and we live longer, too. Get over it.

  2. #427
    Scum, Freezebag! Mo'Phat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Poway, CA
    My Bikes
    2007 Leader 796R w/ 10sp DA and 2005 Jamis Dakar XLT FS MTB
    Posts
    4,546
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Read the super-secret part that I so effectively disguised.
    Mo'Phat's Rules to Live By:
    Rule #3 : Never wrestle with a pig: you both get dirty, and the pig likes it.
    Rule #5 : Never argue with an idiot: those watching might not be able to tell the difference.
    Rule #13: Always make sure she has a better time than you do.

  3. #428
    mother F'in headwinds! mrdick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Rancho Palos Verdes, CA
    My Bikes
    2005 Fuji Team Pro
    Posts
    248
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Happytime
    Hi, I'm new here.
    My name is Joy, and I'm taking a break from TE for some XY.
    I live in the South Bay and ride the SB bike path most of the time. My goal this year is to improve on the sprint tri and see if I can move up to the OD. I currently ride a Specialized roadie but hope to add a Quintana Roo later this year.
    hello and welcome. btw, do you shop at Performance?

  4. #429
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    4,560
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mo, it's so supersecret I have no idea what you're talking about.

    Mrdick... Yup, I've shopped there... and Tri Lab... and Helen's... and Cynergy... and Teds... and...
    Have I seen you there?

  5. #430
    mother F'in headwinds! mrdick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Rancho Palos Verdes, CA
    My Bikes
    2005 Fuji Team Pro
    Posts
    248
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Happytime
    Mo, it's so supersecret I have no idea what you're talking about.

    Mrdick... Yup, I've shopped there... and Tri Lab... and Helen's... and Cynergy... and Teds... and...
    Have I seen you there?
    i work there.

  6. #431
    ... Brandy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Huntington Beach, Ca
    Posts
    6,948
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mo'Phat
    Great...more girls to drop me

    Hey Daniel, where in SD do you ride?
    Still bitter, eh?

  7. #432
    Scum, Freezebag! Mo'Phat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Poway, CA
    My Bikes
    2007 Leader 796R w/ 10sp DA and 2005 Jamis Dakar XLT FS MTB
    Posts
    4,546
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Happytime: I have this tendency that, when I'm riding with girls, they'll just start going faster than me and head on up the road. I was just 'dropped' by them.

    [edit: I called you Happyfeet, then changed it. My bad.]
    Mo'Phat's Rules to Live By:
    Rule #3 : Never wrestle with a pig: you both get dirty, and the pig likes it.
    Rule #5 : Never argue with an idiot: those watching might not be able to tell the difference.
    Rule #13: Always make sure she has a better time than you do.

  8. #433
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    4,560
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Don't worry about it, Mo.
    If you saw how I handled the running portion of my last race, the waddling-penguin-analogy is very apt.
    And if I wore a touque and muffler, I can do a mean Chilly Willy impersonation, too.

  9. #434
    Queen of France Indolent58's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    My Bikes
    Look 565, Trek 2120
    Posts
    3,806
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mo'Phat
    Hey Daniel, where in SD do you ride?
    I live in La Jolla. I ride PCH up the coast most often. I also head to Poway/Ramona on occasion, the Harmony Grove/Del Dios Hwy loop etc. I've done Palomar (east side) but it's been a while. In need to head east more to work on climbing.

  10. #435
    Some Dip. Dipster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Rancho Cucamonga, Ca
    My Bikes
    2006 Scott Speedster S30
    Posts
    21
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hello all! Stephen from Rancho Cucamonga here!

    Pretty much I'll be starting up commuting to and from work, now that I have a bike again. I'm biking mostly because I don't want to be fat like all the other folks I work with! Heh..

    Let's see now. I just got a 2006 Scott Speedster S30 yesterday. But I used to have a Specialized Allez Elite before it and the K2 Razorback 4.0 got stolen (grr...)

    When I used to live in OC, I'd take the Santa Ana River Trail a lot, down to the Newport Beach Pier and back. I've done some pretty mild downhill up in Angeleus Oaks.

    Right now I volunteer with the Friends of the Pacific Electric Trail, a non-profit organization whose mission is to raise the general awareness of biking in the city of Rancho Cucamonga, and to generate funds for improvements to our portion of the trail that runs from Fontana to Upland.

    Our website is at http://www.pacificelectrictrail.org

    And some maps of the routes I like to tell people about can be found at http://www.bikely.com/listpaths/by/Dipster

    Oh! And I did the last LA Muddy Buddy too.. That's where the avatar picture is from.
    Last edited by Dipster; 12-14-06 at 11:42 PM.

  11. #436
    Powered by Borscht ovoleg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    SoCal
    My Bikes
    Russian Vodka
    Posts
    8,344
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by caligurl
    ahhhhhhhh... ok... (i'm "blonde" sometimes!!!)
    sometimes is an overstatement!!!

  12. #437
    OMG! i'm a DURT gurl!!!! caligurl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    HOT, sunny socal desert
    My Bikes
    2007 specialized stumpjumper FSR expert, 2006 specialized ruby pro, 2004 specialized dolce elite, 2005 specialized hardrock
    Posts
    4,939
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ovoleg
    sometimes is an overstatement!!!
    more often i'm the FIERY redhead... and yes... my temper matches!
    OCP and PROUD!
    "OCP is not just about attitude, it's a way of life!"
    life's too short to ride a crummy bike..........

  13. #438
    It is fantastic. voltman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    The OC
    My Bikes
    05 Specialized Allez Elite; 06 Fuji Team Pro
    Posts
    7,978
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dipster
    Hello all! Stephen from Rancho Cucamonga here!

    Pretty much I'll be starting up commuting to and from work, now that I have a bike again. I'm biking mostly because I don't want to be fat like all the other folks I work with! Heh..

    Let's see now. I just got a 2006 Scott Speedster S30 yesterday. But I used to have a Specialized Allez Elite before it and the K2 Razorback 4.0 got stolen (grr...)

    When I used to live in OC, I'd take the Santa Ana River Trail a lot, down to the Newport Beach Pier and back. I've done some pretty mild downhill up in Angeleus Oaks.

    Right now I volunteer with the Friends of the Pacific Electric Trail, a non-profit organization whose mission is to raise the general awareness of biking in the city of Rancho Cucamonga, and to generate funds for improvements to our portion of the trail that runs from Fontana to Upland.

    Our website is at http://www.pacificelectrictrail.org

    And some maps of the routes I like to tell people about can be found at http://www.bikely.com/listpaths/by/Dipster

    Oh! And I did the last LA Muddy Buddy too.. That's where the avatar picture is from.
    Welcome!

  14. #439
    Does Not Exist
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Voltairia
    Posts
    2,094
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mark in San Diego here.

    I just got my first road bike and I am hoping to start training for my first century (once my bike gets out of the shop). I can be seen riding around the mission valley area in San Diego around lunch time on weekdays and sometimes around scripps/miramar on weekends. I have also just started exploring the canyons (Marian Bear, Sycamore, Mission Trails) which I plan to do more of.

    I am also gearing up to try to commute to work (15 miles one way), but Kearney Villa Road scares me.

  15. #440
    Banned.
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    332
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Happytime
    Hi, I'm new here.
    My name is Joy, and I'm taking a break from TE for some XY.
    I live in the South Bay and ride the SB bike path most of the time. My goal this year is to improve on the sprint tri and see if I can move up to the OD. I currently ride a Specialized roadie but hope to add a Quintana Roo later this year.
    Joy I am blown away by what you can do!!!!! amazing talent!!!!

  16. #441
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    4,560
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks ecnetsixe.
    I find it such a relief that my road bike doesn't bite, kick, or have a mind of it's own!

  17. #442
    Addict sjmayclin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    NYC and DC
    My Bikes
    2005 Cannondale CAAD7, 1983 Eddy Merckx Corsa track
    Posts
    337
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wow, I was reading this thread (all 19pages) and getting excited about posting myself, when, on p18, I got name-jacked! My name is also Stephen from Rancho Cucamonga. ARGHH!! Oh well, I go to school at UC Irvine, so I'll just change that to Steve from Irvine. HAH!

    Oh well...

    I just started road biking (abt a month ago). Now I'm riding around the foothills in Rancho Cucamonga for winter break. At school, (which I consider to be my home, really) my favorite ride is from UCI up Newport Coast, and down the ocean side (what a view at 45mph!). Anyways, I ride a charcoal grey 2005 Cannondale CAAD7 R700, that is my pride and joy ever since I got it in after Thanksgiving.

    Thats all.

    -Steve

  18. #443
    Some Dip. Dipster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Rancho Cucamonga, Ca
    My Bikes
    2006 Scott Speedster S30
    Posts
    21
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, the Back Bay route in Newport is a great ride. When I used to work in the research park across from UCI, we'd ride from there to the pier.

    And we could just call you "Stephen number 2". :-P

    Quote Originally Posted by sjmayclin
    Wow, I was reading this thread (all 19pages) and getting excited about posting myself, when, on p18, I got name-jacked! My name is also Stephen from Rancho Cucamonga. ARGHH!! Oh well, I go to school at UC Irvine, so I'll just change that to Steve from Irvine. HAH!

    Oh well...

    I just started road biking (abt a month ago). Now I'm riding around the foothills in Rancho Cucamonga for winter break. At school, (which I consider to be my home, really) my favorite ride is from UCI up Newport Coast, and down the ocean side (what a view at 45mph!). Anyways, I ride a charcoal grey 2005 Cannondale CAAD7 R700, that is my pride and joy ever since I got it in after Thanksgiving.

    Thats all.

    -Steve

  19. #444
    fart knocker Oleanshoebox's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    laying back in the cut
    My Bikes
    Red silver blue, doodie caca poo.
    Posts
    1,818
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sjmayclin
    Wow, I was reading this thread (all 19pages) and getting excited about posting myself, when, on p18, I got name-jacked! My name is also Stephen from Rancho Cucamonga. ARGHH!! Oh well, I go to school at UC Irvine, so I'll just change that to Steve from Irvine. HAH!

    Oh well...

    I just started road biking (abt a month ago). Now I'm riding around the foothills in Rancho Cucamonga for winter break. At school, (which I consider to be my home, really) my favorite ride is from UCI up Newport Coast, and down the ocean side (what a view at 45mph!). Anyways, I ride a charcoal grey 2005 Cannondale CAAD7 R700, that is my pride and joy ever since I got it in after Thanksgiving.

    Thats all.

    -Steve
    Hey steve there is a group ride that starts at the REI on foothill every saturday at 8 if you are interested. I've done the route but not the actual ride. Welcome to BF!

  20. #445
    Senior Member socalcyclist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Ontario, California
    My Bikes
    MASI carbon speciale, k2 Big Easy Ace
    Posts
    172
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Hey from Socalcyclist

    Hi to all. I've been lurking around here for a couple months without formally introducing myself. I've met some great people here. I ride in San Dimas occasionally, but mostly in Ontario, Rancho C., and North Fontana. Here are some pics from my ride today.

    Picture 512.jpg

    Picture 513.jpg

    Picture 535.jpg

    Picture 561.jpg

    Picture 495.jpg

  21. #446
    Abby Normal I am The Edge's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Torrance, CA
    My Bikes
    Leader LD-736R
    Posts
    508
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm Lee, I live in Torrance, moving to Manhattan Beach in a few months. I'm a roadie and I ride a Leader 736R. A full carbon roadie and a mountain bike are in my near future.

    I'm in medical sales, mostly Orthopaedics, but I'm unemployed right now, since Nov 10th, because I want to be. Working 65-70 hours a week for the past 3 years has really made me be a dull boy; I have another gig starting in January with another orthopaedic company.

    I'm a noob to cycling as far as me and the bike is concerned but I have been an avid fan of the sport for 20 years and have followed the TDF since 1986.

    I like good scotch, red meat, adrenaline rushes, girls with long hair, riding the fastest production motorcycle on the planet, surfing, fast cars and traveling to other countries. I'm not opposed to flinging myself out of an airplane, off a bridge, building, cliff or antennae tower as long as I have a parachute.

    I'm from Texas ya'll but I hate country music, the Dallas Cowboys and rednecks. Howdy.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Wow.

  22. #447
    It is fantastic. voltman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    The OC
    My Bikes
    05 Specialized Allez Elite; 06 Fuji Team Pro
    Posts
    7,978
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by I am The Edge
    I'm Lee, I live in Torrance, moving to Manhattan Beach in a few months. I'm a roadie and I ride a Leader 736R. A full carbon roadie and a mountain bike are in my near future.

    I'm in medical sales, mostly Orthopaedics, but I'm unemployed right now, since Nov 10th, because I want to be. Working 65-70 hours a week for the past 3 years has really made me be a dull boy; I have another gig starting in January with another orthopaedic company.

    I'm a noob to cycling as far as me and the bike is concerned but I have been an avid fan of the sport for 20 years and have followed the TDF since 1986.

    I like good scotch, red meat, adrenaline rushes, girls with long hair, riding the fastest production motorcycle on the planet, surfing, fast cars and traveling to other countries. I'm not opposed to flinging myself out of an airplane, off a bridge, building, cliff or antennae tower as long as I have a parachute.

    I'm from Texas ya'll but I hate country music, the Dallas Cowboys and rednecks. Howdy.
    Your screen name is too long. I dub thee "I ATE".

  23. #448
    OMG! i'm a DURT gurl!!!! caligurl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    HOT, sunny socal desert
    My Bikes
    2007 specialized stumpjumper FSR expert, 2006 specialized ruby pro, 2004 specialized dolce elite, 2005 specialized hardrock
    Posts
    4,939
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by I am The Edge
    I'm Lee, I live in Torrance, moving to Manhattan Beach in a few months. I'm a roadie and I ride a Leader 736R. A full carbon roadie and a mountain bike are in my near future.

    I'm in medical sales, mostly Orthopaedics, but I'm unemployed right now, since Nov 10th, because I want to be. Working 65-70 hours a week for the past 3 years has really made me be a dull boy; I have another gig starting in January with another orthopaedic company.

    I'm a noob to cycling as far as me and the bike is concerned but I have been an avid fan of the sport for 20 years and have followed the TDF since 1986.

    I like good scotch, red meat, adrenaline rushes, girls with long hair, riding the fastest production motorcycle on the planet, surfing, fast cars and traveling to other countries. I'm not opposed to flinging myself out of an airplane, off a bridge, building, cliff or antennae tower as long as I have a parachute.

    I'm from Texas ya'll but I hate country music, the Dallas Cowboys and rednecks. Howdy.
    you don't like the cowboys... so i like you! welcome to the forums!
    OCP and PROUD!
    "OCP is not just about attitude, it's a way of life!"
    life's too short to ride a crummy bike..........

  24. #449
    ... Brandy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Huntington Beach, Ca
    Posts
    6,948
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    to all of the newbies.

  25. #450
    ... Brandy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Huntington Beach, Ca
    Posts
    6,948
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by voltman
    Your screen name is too long. I dub thee "I ATE".

Page 18 of 57 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •