Advertise on Bikeforums.net



User Tag List

Page 23 of 56 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast
Results 551 to 575 of 1396
  1. #551
    no more nellie
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    17,369
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've heard of Lynn, actually. I'm going to go ride with those ADO guys one of these days (other than just running into them on doubles). They're such a nice group albeit mile junkies! (which isn't such a bad thing)

  2. #552
    Spinning like a gerbel spingineer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Silicon Valley
    My Bikes
    Seven
    Posts
    7,947
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I call her "Pocket Rocket". I was actually able to ride with the gang once, and it was not even a century! It was kind of a "welcome back to riding" for Renee. I guess she had an accident, and this was a ride, for support of her, getting back on the road again. Everyone was there ... Lynn, Roland, Clem, John, Big Ring Dave, Frank ... not sure if the other Ron was there.

    If you haven't checked out their web site, you should. It's www.adogang.org. It's down currently, but when it's back up, you should check it out. It also has a cute video of Ron on his commute into work, via the river trail.
    I'm in it to finish it.

    My Cycling Blog

  3. #553
    no more nellie
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    17,369
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks, Ron. Actually, I have been on their website. I just need to find time to go join them for sure. I heard Renee was recovering (she most certainly has too as she was out on Butterfield and Solvang). I wonder if the site is down for maintenance. Roland mentioned something about updating it at Butterfield. Small world, this cycling planet, huh?

  4. #554
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Northridge
    My Bikes
    Colnago CT-2 & C-40
    Posts
    11
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    First post on Bike Forums

    My name is Bill, male, straight, married (mostly happily) live in Northridge, and I ride with SFV Bike Club- I sometimes ride with BF posters Vertical Bob, Big John, VanceMac, and others whose aliases I know not... renegaded the first section of the MC with a couple of friends (VanceMac being one) who were riding it- almost bailed due to cold in Malibu Canyon at start but hung around long enough to make it to first bailout point at Westlake Blvd.- favorite places to ride are the mountains- Santa Monica's, Sierra's (favorite ride is from Big Pine to Ancient Bristlecone Pine Forest- stay away in summer heat), and the west San Gabriel's (fries at Newcomb's are great!) Also like to snow ski, run, volleyball, flyfishing, hike, mountain bike....and play with my grand kids! I'll probably do the Heartbreak so hope to meet some of you out there....

  5. #555
    Senior Member VanceMac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Socal
    Posts
    4,172
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Welcome Bill! Glad you finally descended out of lurker mode.

  6. #556
    no more nellie
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    17,369
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes, welcome Bill and hope to see you out on a ride!

  7. #557
    Junior Member mava's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    SFV
    My Bikes
    Scott CR1 Pro ; Merckx Century TSX
    Posts
    13
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey everyone,

    My name is Mac and I came across this forum doing research on bikes. Itís been over 10 years since I last rode my original 8-speed Dura-Ace STI Columbus TSX steel Eddy Merckx and Iíll forever remember the memories I shared with it. I still have it and will end up overhauling it.

    I picked up a new sled after beating up my knees doing timed 10ks and half marathons. Iím proud of the fact that running allowed me to loose about 30 pounds! Actually that and stress from the office played a big factor!

    I purchased a Scott CR1 Pro, all stock. Added the cadence and speed/distance sensors for my Polar 625x that I used for running and now Iíve got a whole integrated logging system which I think is pretty slick. I work for an entertainment company and they are doing a Triathlon in Malibu later this yearÖ I signed up after much persuasion (and even more alcohol ) from my colleagues so I guess Iíll have to try it at least once, right?

    I live in Toluca Lake and have been riding around Griffith Park. My work keeps me busy so Iím lucky if I can ride 4 times/week. Then again like the old saying, quality over quantity right? Just a week ago I rode with the SFVBC and got dropped doing a level 2 Sherman Oaks ride but loved every minute of it. I thought I was in pretty good shape but the folks I rode with certainly had deeper reserves than I did. First week out I did about 40 miles total and I expect to stay at that pace for a while building my base.

    I appreciate the camaraderie that you all share and hope to build enough endurance to hang with some of you in the future!

    Cheers, Mac

  8. #558
    Powered by Borscht ovoleg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    SoCal
    My Bikes
    Russian Vodka
    Posts
    8,283
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Dizzlwa?
    -Cat-3-o-meter: TBD :/

  9. #559
    Senior Member VanceMac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Socal
    Posts
    4,172
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mava
    Hey everyone,

    My name is Mac and I came across this forum doing research on bikes. Itís been over 10 years since I last rode my original 8-speed Dura-Ace STI Columbus TSX steel Eddy Merckx and Iíll forever remember the memories I shared with it. I still have it and will end up overhauling it.

    I picked up a new sled after beating up my knees doing timed 10ks and half marathons. Iím proud of the fact that running allowed me to loose about 30 pounds! Actually that and stress from the office played a big factor!

    I purchased a Scott CR1 Pro, all stock. Added the cadence and speed/distance sensors for my Polar 625x that I used for running and now Iíve got a whole integrated logging system which I think is pretty slick. I work for an entertainment company and they are doing a Triathlon in Malibu later this yearÖ I signed up after much persuasion (and even more alcohol ) from my colleagues so I guess Iíll have to try it at least once, right?

    I live in Toluca Lake and have been riding around Griffith Park. My work keeps me busy so Iím lucky if I can ride 4 times/week. Then again like the old saying, quality over quantity right? Just a week ago I rode with the SFVBC and got dropped doing a level 2 Sherman Oaks ride but loved every minute of it. I thought I was in pretty good shape but the folks I rode with certainly had deeper reserves than I did. First week out I did about 40 miles total and I expect to stay at that pace for a while building my base.

    I appreciate the camaraderie that you all share and hope to build enough endurance to hang with some of you in the future!

    Cheers, Mac
    Welcome Mac! Glad you found the SFVBC rides... the routes are great and the people are even better. What do you mean "only" 4 times/week? I don't know many people who can manage to get out more than that! With your running base, 4 times/week will have you in Lance shape in no time! See you at CSUN soon...

    Cheers,
    Vance

  10. #560
    Junior Member mava's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    SFV
    My Bikes
    Scott CR1 Pro ; Merckx Century TSX
    Posts
    13
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by VanceMac
    Welcome Mac! Glad you found the SFVBC rides... the routes are great and the people are even better. What do you mean "only" 4 times/week? I don't know many people who can manage to get out more than that! With your running base, 4 times/week will have you in Lance shape in no time! See you at CSUN soon...

    Cheers,
    Vance
    Thanks for the welcome Vance! I rode with the SFVBC 10 years ago on my Merckx. I'm starting as a newb again waddling around in my bike shoes introducing myself and observing other riders to learn from. The CSUN parking lot has changed!

    I totally took for granted the different muscle groups that cycling uses vs. running. I'm stiff in places I didn't know could be stiff. Surprisingly I don't have saddle soreness? My derriere actually fits the Selle Italia SLR saddle and that coupled with my new bibs is keeping me comfy.

    I'm thinking about joining the newhall pass ride on Saturday with the SFVBC. Will you be riding with the club this weekend?

  11. #561
    no more nellie
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    17,369
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mava
    I live in Toluca Lake and have been riding around Griffith Park. My work keeps me busy so Iím lucky if I can ride 4 times/week. Then again like the old saying, quality over quantity right? Just a week ago I rode with the SFVBC and got dropped doing a level 2 Sherman Oaks ride but loved every minute of it. I thought I was in pretty good shape but the folks I rode with certainly had deeper reserves than I did. First week out I did about 40 miles total and I expect to stay at that pace for a while building my base.
    Welcome to the forums, Mac. Sounds like you're doing all the right things. The SFVBC group are great to ride with with many levels of riders. In no time, you'll be out on the centuries having a blast!

  12. #562
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Northridge
    My Bikes
    Colnago CT-2 & C-40
    Posts
    11
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mava
    Hey everyone,

    My name is Mac and I came across this forum doing research on bikes. Itís been over 10 years since I last rode my original 8-speed Dura-Ace STI Columbus TSX steel Eddy Merckx and Iíll forever remember the memories I shared with it. I still have it and will end up overhauling it.

    I picked up a new sled after beating up my knees doing timed 10ks and half marathons. Iím proud of the fact that running allowed me to loose about 30 pounds! Actually that and stress from the office played a big factor!

    I purchased a Scott CR1 Pro, all stock. Added the cadence and speed/distance sensors for my Polar 625x that I used for running and now Iíve got a whole integrated logging system which I think is pretty slick. I work for an entertainment company and they are doing a Triathlon in Malibu later this yearÖ I signed up after much persuasion (and even more alcohol ) from my colleagues so I guess Iíll have to try it at least once, right?

    I live in Toluca Lake and have been riding around Griffith Park. My work keeps me busy so Iím lucky if I can ride 4 times/week. Then again like the old saying, quality over quantity right? Just a week ago I rode with the SFVBC and got dropped doing a level 2 Sherman Oaks ride but loved every minute of it. I thought I was in pretty good shape but the folks I rode with certainly had deeper reserves than I did. First week out I did about 40 miles total and I expect to stay at that pace for a while building my base.

    I appreciate the camaraderie that you all share and hope to build enough endurance to hang with some of you in the future!

    Cheers, Mac
    Welcome aboard Mac- from a veteran 2 day poster here I'm another SFVBC member and it's great getting new riders into our fold- If you're riding 4 days a week you'll move up the ride levels at a good rate.... Look forward to seeing you out there (but not this Saturday- I'm out of town).

  13. #563
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Northridge
    My Bikes
    Colnago CT-2 & C-40
    Posts
    11
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by merider1
    Yes, welcome Bill and hope to see you out on a ride!
    Thanks for the welcome and look forward to meeting you- I hope you wear a helmet to cover those ears

  14. #564
    no more nellie
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    17,369
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ezrider
    Thanks for the welcome and look forward to meeting you- I hope you wear a helmet to cover those ears
    My ears? Are they that fugly?

    EDIT: Oh, you're picking on my llama too, are you?!

  15. #565
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Northridge
    My Bikes
    Colnago CT-2 & C-40
    Posts
    11
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by merider1
    My ears? Are they that fugly?

    EDIT: Oh, you're picking on my llama too, are you?!
    Only until I find something else to pick on

  16. #566
    Two Tired Traveler
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    My Bikes
    Miyata 15-speed
    Posts
    82
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi everybody,

    My name is Jacob and I haven't posted on this forum in over a year. (Went to Italy for a long ride, then a new career, new girlfriend, and you know how it goes...)

    I'm on a quest to find safe, scenic routes in and around LA for commuting and for fun. I ride practically every day for work, shopping, etc. I've pretty much replaced my car with a bike, but I rarely end up going more than 10-15 miles in a day.

    I have time for longer, fun rides every other Saturday (when my girlfriend works), mostly just exploring LA county from a two-wheeled perspective.

    I'm trying to get my girlfriend into biking but I don't want to pressure her too much. When she's willing, we go on short rides involving lots of food and coffee.

    I try to do at least one multi-day tour every year. One of the best was following the entire Via Appia from Rome to Brindisi in 2005. I'm planning to do it again in the Spring of 2008, if anybody wants to come along.
    Ride out and meet whatever limits you.

    http://www.bicyclefreedom.com/

  17. #567
    Senior Member VanceMac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Socal
    Posts
    4,172
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Welcome Jacob! Are you downtown LA, or a different part of the region?

  18. #568
    It is fantastic. voltman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    The OC
    My Bikes
    05 Specialized Allez Elite; 06 Fuji Team Pro
    Posts
    7,978
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jacobino
    Hi everybody,

    My name is Jacob and I haven't posted on this forum in over a year. (Went to Italy for a long ride, then a new career, new girlfriend, and you know how it goes...)

    I'm on a quest to find safe, scenic routes in and around LA for commuting and for fun. I ride practically every day for work, shopping, etc. I've pretty much replaced my car with a bike, but I rarely end up going more than 10-15 miles in a day.

    I have time for longer, fun rides every other Saturday (when my girlfriend works), mostly just exploring LA county from a two-wheeled perspective.

    I'm trying to get my girlfriend into biking but I don't want to pressure her too much. When she's willing, we go on short rides involving lots of food and coffee.

    I try to do at least one multi-day tour every year. One of the best was following the entire Via Appia from Rome to Brindisi in 2005. I'm planning to do it again in the Spring of 2008, if anybody wants to come along.
    She'll love us! Er, some of us.

  19. #569
    Banned.
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    397
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey, everybody,

    N00b here. New to cycling, strictly in it for fun. (Been accused of getting into it for the leggy guys in the short pants, but I refuse to dignify that accusation with a response.)

    For the moment, just trying to not tumble arse over headset while I wobble down the street. And loving every cotton-pickin' minute of it!

    Bike is a Bianchi hybrid, retooled by a bike-crazed friend of mine, and given as a gift. This little low-budget stealth bike is PERFECT for bombing around L.A. It goes from gravel path, to freeway overpass, to greasy taco stand, with aplomb and good humour.

    Anyway, I'm getting a huge kick out of those forums. Sorry to be so loquacious, but I love this new hobby, and it's hard for me to shush up about it.
    Last edited by Allez Oops; 05-29-07 at 12:09 PM.

  20. #570
    no more nellie
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    17,369
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Howdy, Allez, . You sound like a hoot and my kind of gal already. Welcome to the forums! It's a fun and lively bunch who post here, so you'll fit right in

  21. #571
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    4,560
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Allez Oops
    Hey, everybody,

    N00b here, based out of Santa Monica. New to cycling, strictly in it for fun. (Been accused of getting into it for the leggy guys in the short pants, but I refuse to dignify that accusation with a response.)

    Welcome Allez. No one here is really in it for the leggy guys...
    Really. I swear.

    I'm in the South Bay and ride through SM all the time.. I'll keep an eye out for you!

    Happytime (Joy)

  22. #572
    Scum, Freezebag! Mo'Phat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Poway, CA
    My Bikes
    2007 Leader 796R w/ 10sp DA and 2005 Jamis Dakar XLT FS MTB
    Posts
    4,546
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm in it for the leggy guys.

  23. #573
    Scum, Freezebag! Mo'Phat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Poway, CA
    My Bikes
    2007 Leader 796R w/ 10sp DA and 2005 Jamis Dakar XLT FS MTB
    Posts
    4,546
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    "arse over headset"
    "battleax"
    "aplomb"
    "humour"
    "loquacious"


    :swoon:

  24. #574
    Body By Nintendo Psydotek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Videogames ruined my life. Good thing i have 2 extra lives.
    My Bikes
    Giant TCR2, Giant TCX, IRO BFSSFG SE, Salsa Casseroll, IRO Rob Roy.
    Posts
    3,190
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Happytime
    Welcome Allez. No one here is really in it for the leggy guys...
    Really. I swear.

    I'm in the South Bay and ride through SM all the time.. I'll keep an eye out for you!

    Happytime (Joy)
    *cough*

    SoCal Legs Thread

    *cough cough*

    Quote Originally Posted by jsharr View Post
    A girl once asked me to give her twelve inches and make it hurt. I had to make love to her 3 times and then punch her in the nose.

  25. #575
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    4,560
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Something stuck in your throat there, Psy?

Page 23 of 56 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •