Advertise on Bikeforums.net



User Tag List

Page 25 of 56 FirstFirst ... 15232425262735 ... LastLast
Results 601 to 625 of 1396
  1. #601
    Embracing the fredness herbm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Beautiful Downtown Burbank
    My Bikes
    Habanero Ti ,Trek Pilot 2.1 , Niner Jet9 29'r, Giant Cadex 380
    Posts
    4,658
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mo'Phat
    There's the defeated, hunched shoulders, the rounded back from toiling under an opressive boot of responsibility, the ackward way we have to sit due to nether-region atrophy...plenty of ways to pick us out.
    So true...
    Wheel Sucker Extraordinaire

  2. #602
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    4,560
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by herbm
    So how do married men smell???
    Like someone forced them to bathe more often than they really wanted to.

    And with a hint of April Fresh Downey. Single men never use fabric softener in the wash.

  3. #603
    Scum, Freezebag! Mo'Phat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Poway, CA
    My Bikes
    2007 Leader 796R w/ 10sp DA and 2005 Jamis Dakar XLT FS MTB
    Posts
    4,546
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Allez Oops
    Mo'Phat, you had me at "entrails".

    Why are all the guys with bulging vocabularies taken?

    > weeps bitterly <

    HappyTime: mmm, mustard. The perfect accessory to a mouth-watering wiener, am I right?
    Alas, my dear, 'tis true my vocabulary may be 'bulging', yet shameful that it should be my only characteristic so described.


    /smells of Dijonnaise

  4. #604
    Banned.
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    397
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mo'Phat
    /smells of Dijonnaise
    Forgive me for being so forward, but:

    might I suggest "redolent" in lieu of "smells"...?

    "Smelling" is best left to salts, or to quotes attributed to David Lee Roth in re: bicycle seats.

    > off to nibble madeleines and adjust whalebone corset-stays <

  5. #605
    Scum, Freezebag! Mo'Phat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Poway, CA
    My Bikes
    2007 Leader 796R w/ 10sp DA and 2005 Jamis Dakar XLT FS MTB
    Posts
    4,546
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Allez Oops
    Forgive me for being so forward, but:

    might I suggest "redolent" in lieu of "smells"...?
    By now, I opine we should consider my rank pungence 'miasmic'.

    /embarrassed by my omission of flowery prose.

  6. #606
    Senior Member bitingduck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    2,956
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Happytime
    And with a hint of April Fresh Downey. Single men never use fabric softener in the wash.
    I use the dryer sheets. Usually the cheap ones...
    Track - the other off-road
    http://www.lavelodrome.org

  7. #607
    Body By Nintendo Psydotek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Videogames ruined my life. Good thing i have 2 extra lives.
    My Bikes
    Giant TCR2, Giant TCX, IRO BFSSFG SE, Salsa Casseroll, IRO Rob Roy.
    Posts
    3,190
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    +1 on the dryer sheets. -1 on the wash-in fabric softener...

    Surf detergent smells the best though.

    Quote Originally Posted by jsharr View Post
    A girl once asked me to give her twelve inches and make it hurt. I had to make love to her 3 times and then punch her in the nose.

  8. #608
    It is fantastic. voltman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    The OC
    My Bikes
    05 Specialized Allez Elite; 06 Fuji Team Pro
    Posts
    7,978
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Happytime
    Like someone forced them to bathe more often than they really wanted to.

    And with a hint of April Fresh Downey. Single men never use fabric softener in the wash.
    Because it messes with synthetic fabrics with moisture-wicking properties.

  9. #609
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    My Bikes
    1999 Norco ht mtb/2006 C'dale road bike/2007 Colnago CLX
    Posts
    2,698
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    For bike clothes, it's just handwash with woolite and hang dry for me.

    For regular clothes, regular scent tide with dryer sheet. I'm just too used to the scent rather than its functions though. Also, it's easier to find out which one is clean and which isn't.

  10. #610
    They Exist Drew12's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Costa Mesa, Ca........ Life is good...
    My Bikes
    Yeti 575, Intense Tracer, Specialized Rubaix Pro
    Posts
    1,680
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DaveSANYYZ
    For bike clothes, it's just handwash with woolite and hang dry for me.


    If it can't go in the washer and survive, it goes in the trash.....
    Got to have those tough clothes!!
    WHEN GOING THROUGH HELL, KEEP GOING
    Winston Churchill

  11. #611
    Senior Member vc_rider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Moorpark, CA
    Posts
    83
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey everyone –

    I’m Jeff from Moorpark. I grew up in the Conejo Valley so it wasn’t difficult to become hooked on bikes. Mainly been into mountain biking but have returned to riding road since my wife and I got into tandems a few years back. Our latest addition is a ‘pre-owned’ 06 Cannondale road tandem. I was lusting after a sub-25 lb Co-Motion but couldn’t justify the price (yet) Any other tandem riders in here?

    Favorite rides? Occasionally, we’ll hook up with other tandems for a group ride thru Hidden Valley or Somis but most of the time we’ll improvise our own loops thru nearby areas. Did the Cool Breeze last year for my first century - that was a fun route. Favorite trails? Local stuff like Sycamore, Chesebro and Backbone come to mind, but I think Gooseberry's still my all-time fav. Rode it many years ago and would love to get back there again.

    Wife’s out of town (out of the country, actually) this weekend so I’ll be riding the City of Angels ride solo. Also planning on doing the 68-miler at the Cruisin’ the Conejo. If you see a blue ’dale tandem out there, it just might be us. Be sure and say ‘hi’ as you pass by.

    Jeff
    vc rider

  12. #612
    okay, maybe... tprevost's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Sierra Foothills, CA
    Posts
    3,712
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mo'Phat
    Alas, my dear, 'tis true my vocabulary may be 'bulging', yet shameful that it should be my only characteristic so described.


    /smells of Dijonnaise
    Wow Mo'Phat... sorry you don't seem to be gettin' any
    Almost new 2005 Ksyrium Equipes; less than 1500 miles, PM me...

  13. #613
    okay, maybe... tprevost's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Sierra Foothills, CA
    Posts
    3,712
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by vc_rider
    Hey everyone –

    I’m Jeff from Moorpark. I grew up in the Conejo Valley so it wasn’t difficult to become hooked on bikes. Mainly been into mountain biking but have returned to riding road since my wife and I got into tandems a few years back. Our latest addition is a ‘pre-owned’ 06 Cannondale road tandem. I was lusting after a sub-25 lb Co-Motion but couldn’t justify the price (yet) Any other tandem riders in here?

    Favorite rides? Occasionally, we’ll hook up with other tandems for a group ride thru Hidden Valley or Somis but most of the time we’ll improvise our own loops thru nearby areas. Did the Cool Breeze last year for my first century - that was a fun route. Favorite trails? Local stuff like Sycamore, Chesebro and Backbone come to mind, but I think Gooseberry's still my all-time fav. Rode it many years ago and would love to get back there again.

    Wife’s out of town (out of the country, actually) this weekend so I’ll be riding the City of Angels ride solo. Also planning on doing the 68-miler at the Cruisin’ the Conejo. If you see a blue ’dale tandem out there, it just might be us. Be sure and say ‘hi’ as you pass by.

    Jeff
    vc rider

    Hi Jeff!

    Welcome to the insanity
    Almost new 2005 Ksyrium Equipes; less than 1500 miles, PM me...

  14. #614
    Senior Member vc_rider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Moorpark, CA
    Posts
    83
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tprevost
    Hi Jeff!

    Welcome to the insanity

    Thanks (I think)

  15. #615
    Ape Shall Not Kill Ape! skellener's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    So. Cal.
    My Bikes
    Giant TranceX2 29er (2013)
    Posts
    17
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi,

    My Name Is Earl!

    Nah...just kidding....I'm Steve. New to the forum. Nice to meet everyone here!

    I live in Sherman Oaks. Had my bike ripped off in Pasadena last week. That sucks! Will hopefully have a new bike by next week.

    I've been around the valley and checked out all the bike shops I know of. What's your favorite bike shop in the SFV and why?

  16. #616
    Embracing the fredness herbm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Beautiful Downtown Burbank
    My Bikes
    Habanero Ti ,Trek Pilot 2.1 , Niner Jet9 29'r, Giant Cadex 380
    Posts
    4,658
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by skellener
    Hi,

    My Name Is Earl!

    Nah...just kidding....I'm Steve. New to the forum. Nice to meet everyone here!

    I live in Sherman Oaks. Had my bike ripped off in Pasadena last week. That sucks! Will hopefully have a new bike by next week.

    I've been around the valley and checked out all the bike shops I know of. What's your favorite bike shop in the SFV and why?
    Bummer...sorry to hear that....
    I use Budget Bikes in Eagle Rock...as do a few others here...
    their prices are excellent and their service is great!!
    Wheel Sucker Extraordinaire

  17. #617
    Senior Member VanceMac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Socal
    Posts
    4,175
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Howdy Steve. I've a few friends say good things about Reseda Bicycles, but haven't been over there yet. Agoura Cycles is great, but a bit of a hike for those of us on the east say-eed.

  18. #618
    Powered by Borscht ovoleg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    SoCal
    My Bikes
    Russian Vodka
    Posts
    8,333
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I like valley bikes and a few others.

    They're all good it depends on what you need though.
    -Cat-3-o-meter: TBD :/

  19. #619
    Junior Member board1872's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Huntington Beach, CA
    My Bikes
    Mondonico Diamond w/ Ultegra
    Posts
    12
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi,

    My name is Brett. I usually ride from Huntington Beach where I live with my wife and two kids. I have not been riding a lot lately. I am looking to meet people to help motivate me to ride more. I work with cole505, who told me about this forum.

    Brett

  20. #620
    no more nellie
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    17,369
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Welcome Brett! I've ridden several times with Cole. He's a sweetheart. Do you know Nacy as well? I hope to meet you on a ride soon.

  21. #621
    Spinning like a gerbel spingineer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Silicon Valley
    My Bikes
    Seven
    Posts
    7,947
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Everyone, be kind to the newbie. Welcome aboard board1872. Be prepared for many hours on BF ...definitely a fun time to be had. But I must warn you, you may be devoting less and less time doing work. That's what the case was with me.
    I'm in it to finish it.

    My Cycling Blog

  22. #622
    Junior Member board1872's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Huntington Beach, CA
    My Bikes
    Mondonico Diamond w/ Ultegra
    Posts
    12
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Don't know Nacy.

  23. #623
    Ape Shall Not Kill Ape! skellener's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    So. Cal.
    My Bikes
    Giant TranceX2 29er (2013)
    Posts
    17
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My new bike came in today. Nothing hardcore but it was close to my old one that was stolen. It's a GT Avalanche 2.0 (2005) new. Pretty nice. Definitely lighter than my old GT Palomar. I'll probably give it a try tomorrow. Also got a new lock. Onguard Pitbull mini. No more cables for me. Feels good to have a bike again!

  24. #624
    Dagger Boy Extort's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Southern California
    My Bikes
    1999 GT 5.0i mountain, 2004 Basso Reef road
    Posts
    3,247
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Skellener, you cannot post something like that without PICS!
    Women think they're so clever because they can fake an orgasm for the sake of a relationship, but men can fake a whole relationship for the sake of an orgasm.

  25. #625
    i got nothing. Crash716's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Cali Forn NI A (SoCal)
    My Bikes
    13 BH G6 with SRAM Red
    Posts
    5,447
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    hello guys and girls and undoubtably the much faster than myself!!

    My name is Jay, i live in Socal, started riding bike when i was like 3...started road riding about 6 months ago...before that it was all off road. My first bike a few months ago was a borrowed Cannondale Cadd3 ALL aluminum bike...holy rough ride!!!

    second bike i actually got i purchased was a Tirreno 1000 from Performance....after about 200 miles or so i decided that it was to flexy...i weigh about 170ish and i am 5'9".....

    ...so i traded up for a 2007 Fuji Team pro!!! Love it...

    I commute almost 5 days a week and average about 140ish commuting and 50 training miles a week... looking to start racing Cat 5 crits here in a few months....

    um....what else...i do Search and Rescue for the Navy...ie. fly in helicopters and jump out....my big passion is anything on two wheels...motorcycles, MTBs or what ever!!

    See ya'll around....i'll be the slow guy gettin' droped by everyone!!

Page 25 of 56 FirstFirst ... 15232425262735 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •