Cycling and bicycle discussion forums. 
   Click here to join our community Log in to access your Control Panel  


Go Back   > > >

Southern California Southern California

User Tag List

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-16-07, 09:44 PM   #626
Crash716
i got nothing.
 
Crash716's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Cali Forn NI A (SoCal)
Bikes: 13 BH G6 with SRAM Red
Posts: 5,620
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
san diego.....i get to climb both ways to and from work....3 times actually...
Crash716 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-07, 11:23 PM   #627
skellener
Ape Shall Not Kill Ape!
 
skellener's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: So. Cal.
Bikes: Giant TranceX2 29er (2013)
Posts: 17
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Extort
Skellener, you cannot post something like that without PICS!


skellener is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-07, 10:08 PM   #628
alfa63
Senior Member
 
alfa63's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Huntington Beach
Bikes: KHS Flite 220
Posts: 84
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I'm alfa63 (aka Steve) and live in Huntington Beach. I bought a road bike from the LBS in late February and do a mix of commuting to work (12 miles round trip) and weekend riding.

I currently ride from HB to and from SART; I've also ridden on the San Gabriel River Trial but I find that trail a bit too bumpy; when my wife and I visit her mom in Oceanside, I ride out to PCH and down the coast.

My longest ride was last Saturday at 46 miles and I've ridden in just one organized event (Tour de OC on April 21).

Here's three pictures of my KHS Flite 220 (details here); the first picture has my 41 year old Alfa Romeo Giulia Super in the background; the second picture is the bike full of stuff; the third picture is at the Tour de OC.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg khs_flite220.jpg (85.0 KB, 17 views)
File Type: jpg khs_with_stuff.jpg (77.5 KB, 22 views)
File Type: jpg tour_de_oc_2007.jpg (99.4 KB, 40 views)
alfa63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-07, 10:11 PM   #629
merider1
no more nellie
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Bikes:
Posts: 17,369
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Welcome, Steve. When you say the Tour de OC - that's the Geared up for Abused Kids, yes?
merider1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-07, 10:12 PM   #630
spingineer
Spinning like a gerbel
 
spingineer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Silicon Valley
Bikes: Seven
Posts: 7,951
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by alfa63
I'm alfa63 (aka Steve) and live in Huntington Beach. I bought a road bike from the LBS in late February and do a mix of commuting to work (12 miles round trip) and weekend riding.

I currently ride from HB to and from SART; I've also ridden on the San Gabriel River Trial but I find that trail a bit too bumpy; when my wife and I visit her mom in Oceanside, I ride out to PCH and down the coast.

My longest ride was last Saturday at 46 miles and I've ridden in just one organized event (Tour de OC on April 21).

Here's three pictures of my KHS Flite 220 (details here); the first picture has my 41 year old Alfa Romeo Giulia Super in the background; the second picture is the bike full of stuff; the third picture is at the Tour de OC.
Great Steve. You'll find that after time, hanging out in this forum will lead you to longer, and more aggressive riding ... that is if you want that.
__________________
I'm in it to finish it.

My Cycling Blog
spingineer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-07, 10:17 PM   #631
alfa63
Senior Member
 
alfa63's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Huntington Beach
Bikes: KHS Flite 220
Posts: 84
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by merider1
Welcome, Steve. When you say the Tour de OC - that's the Geared up for Abused Kids, yes?
Yes it is. The tour had 25, 55, and 100 mile routes... I did the 25 mile route.
alfa63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-07, 10:22 PM   #632
merider1
no more nellie
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Bikes:
Posts: 17,369
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by alfa63
Yes it is. The tour had 25, 55, and 100 mile routes... I did the 25 mile route.
I rode the century back in 2005 but had to quit due to an asthma attack. Very nice folks who run that and the volunteers were outstanding.
merider1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-07, 10:23 PM   #633
alfa63
Senior Member
 
alfa63's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Huntington Beach
Bikes: KHS Flite 220
Posts: 84
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by spingineer
Great Steve. You'll find that after time, hanging out in this forum will lead you to longer, and more aggressive riding ... that is if you want that.
As you might be able to tell, I joined in February but have been reading to gain knowledge and have a good laugh as well (you people crack me up - it's kind of embarrassing to suddenly laugh out loud at work and wonder how many people heard me). I'm not sure how the heck I'm going to do a century but I'd like to (plus I'm almost halfway there).

There's a century in August - Cool Breezes I think - that quite a few people have done as their first century and it seems to be a reasonable goal for me.
alfa63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-07, 10:24 PM   #634
alfa63
Senior Member
 
alfa63's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Huntington Beach
Bikes: KHS Flite 220
Posts: 84
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by merider1
I rode the century back in 2005 but had to quit due to an asthma attack. Very nice folks who run that and the volunteers were outstanding.
I agree! Very organized, plenty to eat and drink, definitely a good experience.
alfa63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-07, 01:51 AM   #635
dddave
Senior Member
 
dddave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: los angeles
Bikes: 2012 redline conquest pro / 2008 yeti 575 / motobecan fantom cross uno
Posts: 2,147
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
i'm dave and i just moved to huntington beach. i ride wherever, usually up and down pch. i work at the melting pot down in san clemente. hopefully when the one in brea opens i can transfer to the one in irvine. if that happens, then i will ride to work every day.
dddave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-07, 09:05 PM   #636
Skypp
Faster! Faster! FASTERRR!
 
Skypp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: North Hollywood, CA
Bikes: '06 Scatante CFR DBL
Posts: 14
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I'm Skypp from North Hollywood... before that... I was Skypp from Glassell Park... before that I was Skypp from Long Beach... before THAT I was Skypp from San Diego... do you see it? The northerly migration of Skypp?

Anyway, I've been riding since I was out of high school... my first bike was a Nishiki Sport... the next bike was a Univega Gran Record (I miss that bike... sigh...) and then I rode a dusty ol' Peugot... I finally got high tech enough and I now own a Scattante CFR DBL. I know... an Orbea, or a Colnago, but it was the right price, for the right frame at the right time!

I'm big Disneyland geek... and I work downtown for a major live theatrical organization.... and I love sushi... but not before a ride... that's kinda...umm... gross...
Skypp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-07, 09:45 PM   #637
Tiffanie
...
 
Tiffanie's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Huntington Beach, CA
Bikes: Bianchi San Mateo
Posts: 3,513
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by dddave
i'm dave and i just moved to huntington beach. i ride wherever, usually up and down pch. i work at the melting pot down in san clemente. hopefully when the one in brea opens i can transfer to the one in irvine. if that happens, then i will ride to work every day.
Dave, were you at the GMR ride last weekend or am I thinking of someone else?
Tiffanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-07, 09:46 PM   #638
Tiffanie
...
 
Tiffanie's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Huntington Beach, CA
Bikes: Bianchi San Mateo
Posts: 3,513
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skypp
I'm Skypp from North Hollywood... before that... I was Skypp from Glassell Park... before that I was Skypp from Long Beach... before THAT I was Skypp from San Diego... do you see it? The northerly migration of Skypp?

Anyway, I've been riding since I was out of high school... my first bike was a Nishiki Sport... the next bike was a Univega Gran Record (I miss that bike... sigh...) and then I rode a dusty ol' Peugot... I finally got high tech enough and I now own a Scattante CFR DBL. I know... an Orbea, or a Colnago, but it was the right price, for the right frame at the right time!

I'm big Disneyland geek... and I work downtown for a major live theatrical organization.... and I love sushi... but not before a ride... that's kinda...umm... gross...
Hey Skypp! Welcome!
Tiffanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-07, 05:33 AM   #639
Happytime
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Bikes:
Posts: 4,560
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Welcome Steve, dave and Skypp!
Happytime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-07, 07:23 AM   #640
Mo'Phat
Scum, Freezebag!
 
Mo'Phat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Poway, CA
Bikes: 2007 Leader 796R w/ 10sp DA and 2005 Jamis Dakar XLT FS MTB
Posts: 4,546
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by alfa63
I'm alfa63 (aka Steve) and live in <blah blah blah> 2nd picture in the set.
Hey Steve (aka alfa63) - I don't think I've ever seen a pump mounted to a stem before...is it Swedish-Made?



/sorry...and...Welcome!


*EDITED to add image tags. Noobstake.

***Ah hell, a red X...sometimes. Imageshack blows. Thank you, Imageshack.

Last edited by Mo'Phat; 05-25-07 at 11:19 AM.
Mo'Phat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-07, 11:13 AM   #641
alfa63
Senior Member
 
alfa63's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Huntington Beach
Bikes: KHS Flite 220
Posts: 84
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo'Phat
Hey Steve (aka alfa63) - I don't think I've ever seen a pump mounted to a stem before...is it Swedish-Made?



/sorry...and...Welcome!


Would I need a Presta or Schrader adaptor or something a little larger?
alfa63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-07, 11:16 AM   #642
alfa63
Senior Member
 
alfa63's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Huntington Beach
Bikes: KHS Flite 220
Posts: 84
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Happytime
Welcome Steve, dave and Skypp!
Thanks... I'm reading your custom bike build thread, that's going to be a great bike when it's completed!
alfa63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-07, 11:19 AM   #643
Mo'Phat
Scum, Freezebag!
 
Mo'Phat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Poway, CA
Bikes: 2007 Leader 796R w/ 10sp DA and 2005 Jamis Dakar XLT FS MTB
Posts: 4,546
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by alfa63


Would I need a Presta or Schrader adaptor or something a little larger?
You tell me, stud.


Mo'Phat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-07, 12:56 AM   #644
dddave
Senior Member
 
dddave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: los angeles
Bikes: 2012 redline conquest pro / 2008 yeti 575 / motobecan fantom cross uno
Posts: 2,147
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiffanie
Dave, were you at the GMR ride last weekend or am I thinking of someone else?
nope, that wasn't me. what's GMR? i'm looking for people to ride with around here, i need some motivation. ever since i moved here i don't have my riding buddies anymore and i've become less motivated and haven't been riding as much as i should.
dddave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-07, 07:52 AM   #645
Happytime
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Bikes:
Posts: 4,560
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by dddave
nope, that wasn't me. what's GMR? i'm looking for people to ride with around here, i need some motivation. ever since i moved here i don't have my riding buddies anymore and i've become less motivated and haven't been riding as much as i should.

Dave,

GMR is Glendora Mountain Road. There are a couple of GMR rides coming up:

Mon 5/28 Early Morning Ride

Sat 6/2 M.E.'s Pity Party

For a lexicon of BF slang, here's:
Understanding the Insanity


As for motivation, why not try joining the BF BikeJournal Challenge? SoCal BFers are currently battling a club from Texas and a club from England for the top spot. It's not aggro or anything, but it's fun and it's free. All you have to do is sign up, choose SoCal BikeForums are your main club and track your mileage. I find it great motivation, and some of our members have so many miles it's truly inspiring.

Last edited by Happytime; 05-27-07 at 07:17 PM.
Happytime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-07, 11:17 AM   #646
dddave
Senior Member
 
dddave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: los angeles
Bikes: 2012 redline conquest pro / 2008 yeti 575 / motobecan fantom cross uno
Posts: 2,147
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
cool, sounds like fun.
dddave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-07, 08:02 PM   #647
Tiffanie
...
 
Tiffanie's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Huntington Beach, CA
Bikes: Bianchi San Mateo
Posts: 3,513
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by dddave
nope, that wasn't me. what's GMR? i'm looking for people to ride with around here, i need some motivation. ever since i moved here i don't have my riding buddies anymore and i've become less motivated and haven't been riding as much as i should.
Dave, this group gets together regularly for group rides. Join in... you won't regret it! I know what you mean about the motivation. The group rides definitely keep me motivated.
Tiffanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-07, 12:18 AM   #648
bitingduck
Senior Member
 
bitingduck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Bikes:
Posts: 3,057
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
The SoCal Dictionary of Acronyms is here
__________________
Track - the other off-road
http://www.lavelodrome.org
bitingduck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-07, 03:30 PM   #649
Tortise45
Senior Member
 
Tortise45's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Laguna Hills, CA.
Bikes: Specialized Allez E5 SLX Comp
Posts: 156
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I'm Greg and live in Laguna Hills. Most or my rides are in the southern OC area. I ride on the SART a bit as it is close to work and easy to get to for after work rides. I also like riding from San Clemente down to Oceanside and back as that is a nice ride with little traffic to deal with. The only forum riders I know are 1955 (Ralph) and actel188 (Lenny). Roger rode with us once...not sure of his forum name.
Tortise45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-07, 03:36 PM   #650
merider1
no more nellie
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Bikes:
Posts: 17,369
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Welcome to the forums, Greg! I've ridden with Ralph myself (nice guy). Hope you'll join on one of our rides.
merider1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -6. The time now is 12:14 PM.