Advertise on Bikeforums.net



User Tag List

Page 7 of 19 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast
Results 151 to 175 of 465
  1. #151
    In beaurocratic limbo urbanknight's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    My Bikes
    Specialized Allez, K2 Razorback
    Posts
    22,457
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It would be a good idea to designate a meeting place slightly out of the way of the start area. If I go (I should know by next Sat), I'll probably be staying in Buellton and might ride over there. But if someone who knows the area could choose a shop or landmark to meet, and maybe a secret handshake...

    Oh, and if my wife and/or uncle don't come along, I wouldn't mind splitting a room... otherwise I might save my pennies and drive up the day of... at 5am

  2. #152
    okay, maybe... tprevost's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Sierra Foothills, CA
    Posts
    3,712
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by merider1
    We could all just meet at the front of the Scandinavian Hotel, right before you exit the driveway. That's a good meeting spot. I'm driving up the morning of since I'm close enough to do that.

    fine w/me but I'm bummed you won't be there the night before since I plan on doing this one solo and actually enjoying it vs. feeling pressured to go faster than I'm able.

    I'm actually hoping whoever is there the night before can do dinner or something... obviously depending upon time of arrival...

    t~

  3. #153
    Senior Member BigSean's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Nor-Cal Bay Area
    Posts
    5,088
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tprevost
    fine w/me but I'm bummed you won't be there the night before since I plan on doing this one solo and actually enjoying it vs. feeling pressured to go faster than I'm able.

    I'm actually hoping whoever is there the night before can do dinner or something... obviously depending upon time of arrival...

    t~

    Ill be there the night before, but Im not sure on the time. You can leave my dinner on the table and Ill eat it when I get there.

  4. #154
    no more nellie
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    17,369
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tprevost
    fine w/me but I'm bummed you won't be there the night before since I plan on doing this one solo and actually enjoying it vs. feeling pressured to go faster than I'm able.

    I'm actually hoping whoever is there the night before can do dinner or something... obviously depending upon time of arrival...

    t~
    What?? You won't be going faster than you're comfortable going! I'm not THAT kind of rider! I was hoping you would be riding with me and I don't expect you to ride beyond the speed you enjoy. Besides, the Solvang prelude is not for hammering. It's for stopping and saying hi to buffalo (only I've been warned to stop trying to pet them...apparently they don't dig that so much.) So, unless you really want to ride alone you're riding with me lady. Injured too...unless he's really slow and then we'll smoke him.

  5. #155
    no more nellie
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    17,369
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by urbanknight
    It would be a good idea to designate a meeting place slightly out of the way of the start area. If I go (I should know by next Sat), I'll probably be staying in Buellton and might ride over there. But if someone who knows the area could choose a shop or landmark to meet, and maybe a secret handshake...

    Oh, and if my wife and/or uncle don't come along, I wouldn't mind splitting a room... otherwise I might save my pennies and drive up the day of... at 5am
    I'm sorry, I should clarify. There are two entrances into the hotel where registration takes place. One is into a foyer where to the right is the hallway with bathrooms. Right outside of this foyer is a nice-sized area that is out of the way but just before the end of the driveway. When I rode with the Oilers in March, that's where we all met and we didn't block the driveway or any riders.

  6. #156
    Senior Member SYV Rider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Santa Ynez Valley, CA
    My Bikes
    Mercier Serpens & Nishiki Meridian SRS
    Posts
    119
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by urbanknight
    It would be a good idea to designate a meeting place slightly out of the way of the start area.
    I live in Solvang and a great place to meet would be The Bulldog Cafe, the very cycling-friendly coffee house located next to the Bookloft, across the street from the hardware store on Mission Drive aka Hiway 246 in the middle of town. It's 2 blocks from the RSI and far less hectic. Plus, you can view all the cool pics from the training camps of CSC & Discovery when they're here each Jan. & Feb. Oh! Be sure to savor the killer homemade scones and other awesome goodies. Very cool little place. Enjoy.

  7. #157
    okay, maybe... tprevost's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Sierra Foothills, CA
    Posts
    3,712
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by merider1
    What?? You won't be going faster than you're comfortable going! I'm not THAT kind of rider! I was hoping you would be riding with me and I don't expect you to ride beyond the speed you enjoy. Besides, the Solvang prelude is not for hammering. It's for stopping and saying hi to buffalo (only I've been warned to stop trying to pet them...apparently they don't dig that so much.) So, unless you really want to ride alone you're riding with me lady. Injured too...unless he's really slow and then we'll smoke him.

    Sorry, M.E., I'm pretty sure I'm really riding this one on my own ... I am really slow and I feel pressured when I ride w/others that I know are a lot faster. I think Herb and I would make a great team... although, I don't think he's ridin' this one

    Sometimes, its good for me to ride w/other people... I rode w/Kar3368 and her friend Kim at three harbors and that was a push for me but okay.

    We'll see how things go between now and then though, maybe I'll change my mind

    ps. Injured is pretty fast, I'm already feeling bad that he's gonna do the very slowest ride in his life the next time I'm up in the bay area!

  8. #158
    Embracing the fredness herbm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Beautiful Downtown Burbank
    My Bikes
    Habanero Ti ,Trek Pilot 2.1 , Niner Jet9 29'r, Giant Cadex 380
    Posts
    4,658
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tprevost
    Sorry, M.E., I'm pretty sure I'm really riding this one on my own ... I am really slow and I feel pressured when I ride w/others that I know are a lot faster. I think Herb and I would make a great team... although, I don't think he's ridin' this one

    Sometimes, its good for me to ride w/other people... I rode w/Kar3368 and her friend Kim at three harbors and that was a push for me but okay.

    We'll see how things go between now and then though, maybe I'll change my mind

    ps. Injured is pretty fast, I'm already feeling bad that he's gonna do the very slowest ride in his life the next time I'm up in the bay area!

    Unfortunately..I can't make this one...I really wanted to since I was unable to finish in March due to flats, and frozen extremities...the weather will be much better this time!! And it is beautiful up there!!!
    I am still working to try to make it to JT!

  9. #159
    no more nellie
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    17,369
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tprevost
    Sorry, M.E., I'm pretty sure I'm really riding this one on my own ...
    We'll see how things go between now and then though, maybe I'll change my mind
    Hmmm...well, okay. If you insist. But I bet you'd be just fine riding with me. I'll be coming off of riding a 200 mile weekend the week before and am not going to be hammering! So, if you do change your mind...

  10. #160
    In beaurocratic limbo urbanknight's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    My Bikes
    Specialized Allez, K2 Razorback
    Posts
    22,457
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You guys have some good ideas on where to meet, I'll just have to make sure and keep up on this thread to make sure I don't miss when someone officially decides where/when to meet. I picture someone holding up a "BikeForums" sign like they're at the airport or something

  11. #161
    no more nellie
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    17,369
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by urbanknight
    You guys have some good ideas on where to meet, I'll just have to make sure and keep up on this thread to make sure I don't miss when someone officially decides where/when to meet. I picture someone holding up a "BikeForums" sign like they're at the airport or something
    I still vote that we all buy flare guns.

  12. #162
    I'm Just Sayin'..... Scootcore's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    El Barrio Mas Macho(aka Van Nuys)
    My Bikes
    A Carbon One With A Brooks Swift Strapped To It!!!
    Posts
    2,994
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    flare guns are cool....

  13. #163
    okay, maybe... tprevost's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Sierra Foothills, CA
    Posts
    3,712
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    sorry... I'm out... dh decided to sign up for a weekend golf tournament so ... can't go

  14. #164
    no more nellie
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    17,369
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tprevost
    sorry... I'm out... dh decided to sign up for a weekend golf tournament so ... can't go

  15. #165
    no more nellie
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    17,369
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Okay, sniff, now I know that Trac can't make it, who exactly are my victims...um...I mean...riding partners? Sean, Bill, Urbanknight??? Anyone else?

  16. #166
    ... Brandy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Huntington Beach, Ca
    Posts
    6,948
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by merider1
    That's because you're afraid to be alone with Sean, isn't it?

  17. #167
    okay, maybe... tprevost's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Sierra Foothills, CA
    Posts
    3,712
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Brandy
    That's because you're afraid to be alone with Sean, isn't it?

    I wouldn't blame her for that

  18. #168
    no more nellie
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    17,369
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Brandy
    That's because you're afraid to be alone with Sean, isn't it?
    ............yeah.

  19. #169
    ... Brandy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Huntington Beach, Ca
    Posts
    6,948
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tprevost
    I wouldn't blame her for that
    I have a feeling he's harmless. In fact...I think we would all overwhelm him in person.

  20. #170
    okay, maybe... tprevost's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Sierra Foothills, CA
    Posts
    3,712
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Brandy
    I have a feeling he's harmless. In fact...I think we would all overwhelm him in person.

    you might be right there Brandy... I just got a visual of all the socal bf gurls surrounding him....

  21. #171
    ... Tiffanie's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Huntington Beach, CA
    My Bikes
    Bianchi San Mateo
    Posts
    3,513
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

  22. #172
    okay, maybe... tprevost's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Sierra Foothills, CA
    Posts
    3,712
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiffanie

    I left out the part about us all staring at his butt....

  23. #173
    ... Brandy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Huntington Beach, Ca
    Posts
    6,948
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tprevost
    you might be right there Brandy... I just got a visual of all the socal bf gurls surrounding him....
    ....ready to pounce.

  24. #174
    okay, maybe... tprevost's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Sierra Foothills, CA
    Posts
    3,712
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Brandy
    ....ready to pounce.
    exactly.... poor guy, didn't really know what he was getting into did he?

    ... where is he tonight, anyway?

  25. #175
    no more nellie
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    17,369
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tprevost
    I left out the part about us all staring at his butt....

Page 7 of 19 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •