Cycling and bicycle discussion forums. 
   Click here to join our community Log in to access your Control Panel  


Go Back   > > >

Southern California Southern California

User Tag List

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-01-06, 05:33 PM   #1
Mr. Beanz
Banned.
Thread Starter
 
Mr. Beanz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Upland Ca
Bikes: Lemond Chambery/Cannondale R-900/Trek 8000 MTB/Burley Duet tandem
Posts: 20,030
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
We met Octico & family on the trail

Yup, sure did! We were at the beach stop talking with some buddies when He and his family stopped by. Nice guy and nifty new bike. Gabe, his son was a very polite pleasant little boy. Most kids you say hi and they looka t you like why would I want to shake your hand? This little boy extended his hand, smiled,talked, said goodbye and was very pleasant. Maybe some of the adults should take notes!

Also ran into "The Lurker" again. He rode back with us part of the way. At one point, he spread his wings to fly! He took off in TT mode, but waited for us at the wodden bridge. He says @ 20 but we were doing 18 the whole way back. I think more like 26, but he's very modest! ..After that we cruised back. Well a cruise for us as Gina was pretty much fried from the day before. She should have been well recovered after eating so many bugs. All those nutritious supplements! We managed 17.0 though.
Mr. Beanz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-06, 07:02 PM   #2
merider1
no more nellie
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Bikes:
Posts: 17,369
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Beanz
Yup, sure did! We were at the beach stop talking with some buddies when He and his family stopped by. Nice guy and nifty new bike. Gabe, his son was a very polite pleasant little boy. Most kids you say hi and they looka t you like why would I want to shake your hand? This little boy extended his hand, smiled,talked, said goodbye and was very pleasant. Maybe some of the adults should take notes!

Also ran into "The Lurker" again. He rode back with us part of the way. At one point, he spread his wings to fly! He took off in TT mode, but waited for us at the wodden bridge. He says @ 20 but we were doing 18 the whole way back. I think more like 26, but he's very modest! ..After that we cruised back. Well a cruise for us as Gina was pretty much fried from the day before. She should have been well recovered after eating so many bugs. All those nutritious supplements! We managed 17.0 though.
I hope to someday meet the Wheaties Team. I loved those pics he posted with his DW and little boy. Awesome to have him in riding this early! What have I missed. Who is the "Lurker?"
merider1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-06, 07:09 PM   #3
Mr. Beanz
Banned.
Thread Starter
 
Mr. Beanz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Upland Ca
Bikes: Lemond Chambery/Cannondale R-900/Trek 8000 MTB/Burley Duet tandem
Posts: 20,030
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Kid is a beautiful little kid! Need more like him!

The Lurker is some guy that we ran into last week. He was on a Litespeed and we discussed frame materials at the beach rest stop. Then he said he read something in the forums. BF.net I asked. He said yes, then introduced myself as Mr.Beanz. We laughed as he has read most of my posts. He knew everything about these forums. Doesn't post though, only lurks!

He rode back with us last week. Then again today as we ran into him at the beach. He kicked some butt today!
Mr. Beanz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-06, 07:39 PM   #4
merider1
no more nellie
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Bikes:
Posts: 17,369
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Beanz
Kid is a beautiful little kid! Need more like him!

The Lurker is some guy that we ran into last week. He was on a Litespeed and we discussed frame materials at the beach rest stop. Then he said he read something in the forums. BF.net I asked. He said yes, then introduced myself as Mr.Beanz. We laughed as he has read most of my posts. He knew everything about these forums. Doesn't post though, only lurks!

He rode back with us last week. Then again today as we ran into him at the beach. He kicked some butt today!
Is he cute and single? tee hee hee. What? I'm just asking.
merider1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-06, 09:54 PM   #5
Mr. Beanz
Banned.
Thread Starter
 
Mr. Beanz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Upland Ca
Bikes: Lemond Chambery/Cannondale R-900/Trek 8000 MTB/Burley Duet tandem
Posts: 20,030
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by merider1
Is he cute and single? tee hee hee. What? I'm just asking.
I think he's cute! ...Hmmmm. I asked today if he was married, he said no. Laughs plenty and looks very fit. Only think I don't like is that his cycling preference is mtn biking! ..But he has ridden centuries before.
Mr. Beanz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-06, 09:56 PM   #6
octico
Member of Team Wheaties!
 
octico's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Fullerton
Bikes: 06 Specialized Tarmac Pro
Posts: 1,105
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Beanz
Thanks for all the complents. I am a VERY proud dad,Gab on the way back from there kicked little butt. He averaged about 16 miles an hour all the way to the big A. BTW you rite when parenting has alot do with the way kids behave. I think part of the problem is that some parents don't spend enough time with there kids. Especially at this young age, people underestimate what a kid can do nowadays. Now so many kids run around with a PSP or Nintendo DS while mom and dad are doing there own thing. It was funny this afternoon Gab says "Dad what I really like about riding is me and you talking" . Geez what can I say but ahhhh. Thanks again.
Merider1 look forward to meeting you someday also.
octico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-06, 09:58 PM   #7
Brandy
...
 
Brandy's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Huntington Beach, Ca
Bikes:
Posts: 6,948
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Beanz
I think he's cute! ...Hmmmm. I asked today if he was married, he said no. Laughs plenty and looks very fit. Only think I don't like is that his cycling preference is mtn biking! ..But he has ridden centuries before.
Sounds like a love connection in the making. Need to get m.e. down to The OC...stat!
__________________
Brandy

Wheels Rolling
Brandy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-06, 10:15 PM   #8
Mr. Beanz
Banned.
Thread Starter
 
Mr. Beanz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Upland Ca
Bikes: Lemond Chambery/Cannondale R-900/Trek 8000 MTB/Burley Duet tandem
Posts: 20,030
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandy
Sounds like a love connection in the making. Need to get m.e. down to The OC...stat!

Man, why do cute guys always get the chicks? ..I want to be cute!
Mr. Beanz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-06, 10:26 PM   #9
tprevost
okay, maybe...
 
tprevost's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Sierra Foothills, CA
Bikes:
Posts: 3,714
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Beanz
Man, why do cute guys always get the chicks? ..I want to be cute!

you've already got a chick, ya ******!
tprevost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-06, 10:37 PM   #10
Mr. Beanz
Banned.
Thread Starter
 
Mr. Beanz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Upland Ca
Bikes: Lemond Chambery/Cannondale R-900/Trek 8000 MTB/Burley Duet tandem
Posts: 20,030
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by tprevost
you've already got a chick, ya ******!
Oh, that's right! Yeah but she likes me for my mind. I want to be wanted for my looks! Won't happen, but that's what I want!
Mr. Beanz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-06, 10:43 PM   #11
maximan1
Mr. Maximan1
 
maximan1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Anaheim and Fullerton (SoCal)
Bikes: Puch Superleicht, Nishiki moutain project, Trek 2300 carbon composite
Posts: 1,300
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I didn't go on the trail today, I had a friend sleeping over. We sneeked out at 1:00 am and teepeed (toilet papered) 2 cars . It was fun. Don't tell the cops.
__________________
www.olgapetrovart.com
maximan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-06, 10:47 PM   #12
Mr. Beanz
Banned.
Thread Starter
 
Mr. Beanz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Upland Ca
Bikes: Lemond Chambery/Cannondale R-900/Trek 8000 MTB/Burley Duet tandem
Posts: 20,030
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by maximan1
I didn't go on the trail today, I had a friend sleeping over. We sneeked out at 1:00 am and teepeed (toilet papered) 2 cars . It was fun. Don't tell the cops.
You're giving up a chance to cycle for a life of crime?
Mr. Beanz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-06, 10:52 PM   #13
maximan1
Mr. Maximan1
 
maximan1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Anaheim and Fullerton (SoCal)
Bikes: Puch Superleicht, Nishiki moutain project, Trek 2300 carbon composite
Posts: 1,300
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Geez...cmon. Don't you ever have fun?
__________________
www.olgapetrovart.com
maximan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-06, 11:02 PM   #14
Mr. Beanz
Banned.
Thread Starter
 
Mr. Beanz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Upland Ca
Bikes: Lemond Chambery/Cannondale R-900/Trek 8000 MTB/Burley Duet tandem
Posts: 20,030
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by maximan1
Geez...cmon. Don't you ever have fun?

We were too poor to throw away tp when I was young! Still am, just that I've found the joy of newspapers! None of our neighbors had cars either!
Mr. Beanz is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -6. The time now is 11:10 PM.