Advertise on Bikeforums.net



User Tag List

Results 1 to 8 of 8
  1. #1
    ... Tiffanie's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Huntington Beach, CA
    My Bikes
    Bianchi San Mateo
    Posts
    3,513
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Kudos to Surf City Cyclery

    These guys rock! I just got back from there. I needed them to check out why my bike was 'chirping' and a couple of other minor things.

    Turns out my bottom bracket was defective so they tracked one down, I picked it up, and they replaced it, fixed my ongoing gearing/shifting issue and re-wrapped my bars. For cheap. I told him (Candy, the service mgr) how I appreciated it and he told me 'no problem, I can tell you like being on your bike and I like taking care of my customers'.

    He gave me some of his business cards, told me to hand them out and that he'd honor a 10% discount for any service brought in.

    I hung out while the bike was getting serviced, talking to him about, what else, riding , and told him about this place. We'll see if he makes it over.

    Anyway, I know this shop's been mentioned before but after today, I thought it deserved it's own thread. They really do know how to take care of their customers!

  2. #2
    ... Brandy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Huntington Beach, Ca
    Posts
    6,948
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's cool Tiff. I'm glad that you were able to get that fixed!

  3. #3
    Senior Member BigSean's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Nor-Cal Bay Area
    Posts
    5,088
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Brandy
    That's cool Tiff. I'm glad that you were able to get that fixed!

    They better take care of both of you, lest I have to drive all the way down there and "open a can of whoop a$$!" Thats the way it sould be, glad to hear there is a shop doing a greta job.

  4. #4
    ... Tiffanie's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Huntington Beach, CA
    My Bikes
    Bianchi San Mateo
    Posts
    3,513
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by injured
    They better take care of both of you, lest I have to drive all the way down there and "open a can of whoop a$$!" Thats the way it sould be, glad to hear there is a shop doing a greta job.
    Awwww. Sean will come allllllll the way down here and open his can 'o whoop ass just for us!!!!
    Seriously though, yeah... I'm stoked we finally have a decent LBS around here!

  5. #5
    Senior Member BigSean's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Nor-Cal Bay Area
    Posts
    5,088
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiffanie
    Awwww. Sean will come allllllll the way down here and open his can 'o whoop ass just for us!!!!
    Seriously though, yeah... I'm stoked we finally have a decent LBS around here!

    Thats great. Its unfortunate that it is so hard to find a good shop anymore.

  6. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Oceanside, CA
    My Bikes
    2006 Specialized Roubaix, Windsor Clockwork Orange
    Posts
    298
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There a good shop. Most of the people there are from the old SuperGo that is now a TeamPerformance shop. I'm glad they open the new shop. You get great service now and you don't have to wait a week for it!

  7. #7
    ... Tiffanie's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Huntington Beach, CA
    My Bikes
    Bianchi San Mateo
    Posts
    3,513
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by maddmike
    There a good shop. Most of the people there are from the old SuperGo that is now a TeamPerformance shop. I'm glad they open the new shop. You get great service now and you don't have to wait a week for it!
    That's for sure. I was in & out of there pretty quick! Very accommodating...

  8. #8
    Senior Member iamtim's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    La Habra, CA.
    Posts
    2,979
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm always up for a good bike shop, and while this one is a wee bit outta my way (La Habra is clear at the other side of Beach Blvd.) it's been mentioned enough that I'm sure it'll be well worth my drive.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •