In total self-interest (well...it is a public message board, so I suppose anyone else might find this info interesting and/or useful), I was hoping to see some nice hard climbing routes. This of course, is based off the Planet Ultra KOM thread and my goal of completing it in 2008 and MrBeanz' Getting Fit thread.. In prepping for the KOM, I definitely can use this info, and perhaps Beanz can as well. Of course, I don't plan on riding them until after January, but, I thought I'd start planning now.
So, could you post some of your favorite climbing routes? I'd like to put these into Bike Route Toaster for uploading to my Garmin. Is there any way to post them in kmz (Google Earth) or gpx (GPS/Garmin Training Center) format? I suppose they'll have to be hosted by an online server and linked to the file.
So I'll start: here's a kmz route called "Tour of the Tujungas" that was posted by some fellows from my local club (Santa Clarita Velo). Looks tough to me (here's a text version of the directions).
Okay here is a list of what we have so far:
- Tour of the Tujungas
- Rte 39-Little GMR-GRR-Baldy-Lifts & Back
- Oak Glen/Forest Falls Ride
- Old Topanga, Piuma, Latigo, Stunt Loop
- Big T to Newcomb's Ranch
- Yerba Buena and Decker from Westlake
- Las Flores loop
- Palomar and Mesa Grande to Santa Ysabel & back
- Big GMR to GRR to Baldy to the Lifts & Back
- Sylvan Park to Onyx Summit
- Base of Angeles Crest to Dawson Saddle
- Newport Blvd.
- Breckenridge Rd (Bakersfield)
- Cedar Grove & Hwy 180 to Grant's Grove
- Newport Coast Drive to Bonita Canyon Drive to MacArthur & back to PCH