Advertise on Bikeforums.net



User Tag List

Results 1 to 16 of 16
  1. #1
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    4,560
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Santa Monica Mountains: Updates

    Anyone know the current status and road conditions of the SM climbs? Mostly interested in Latigo, Piuma and Stunt, but any information would be appreciated!

  2. #2
    europoseur
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    310
    Posts
    321
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Latigo, Stunt, Fernwood and Tuna Cyn are okay.

    I haven’t heard about Piuma.

  3. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    4,560
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Great. I'm looking to do a 6 hour ride which includes about 4 hours of posing at coffee shops.

  4. #4
    hello roadfix's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Los Angeles
    My Bikes
    thank you for asking
    Posts
    18,502
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

  5. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    4,560
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I learned from the master.

  6. #6
    Senior Member ronjon10's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Topanga, but I'm not a hippy
    My Bikes
    IF Club Racer, Bike Friday Pocket Rocket
    Posts
    2,820
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Happytime View Post
    Great. I'm looking to do a 6 hour ride which includes about 4 hours of posing at coffee shops.
    The Starbucks at Cross Creek in Malibu is fabulous for posing. You never know what A- list celeb will be walking through the door.
    just being

  7. #7
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Conejo Valley, CA
    My Bikes
    Domane 4.3
    Posts
    2,411
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I rode Mulholland, Cornell through Rock Store, Encinal and Decker last Saturday. All are fine.

    Sheldon
    [insert clever quote here]

  8. #8
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    4,560
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ronjon10 View Post
    The Starbucks at Cross Creek in Malibu is fabulous for posing. You never know what A- list celeb will be walking through the door.
    Hm. And here I thought I WAS the A-List celebrity.


    Yup, I'm looking at my list right here (phone book actually) and here I am listed in the "A"s....

  9. #9
    Senior Member ronjon10's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Topanga, but I'm not a hippy
    My Bikes
    IF Club Racer, Bike Friday Pocket Rocket
    Posts
    2,820
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Happytime View Post
    Hm. And here I thought I WAS the A-List celebrity.


    Yup, I'm looking at my list right here (phone book actually) and here I am listed in the "A"s....
    I meant A- (A minus). You're far better than that trailer trash.
    just being

  10. #10
    europoseur
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    310
    Posts
    321
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Happytime View Post
    Great. I'm looking to do a 6 hour ride which includes about 4 hours of posing at coffee shops.
    I'm a Cat 1 coffee shop poseur.

    Going pro next year.


  11. #11
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    4,560
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ronjon10 View Post
    I meant A- (A minus). You're far better than that trailer trash.
    Almost as good as a Topanga hippy, too!


    Quote Originally Posted by Speedee View Post
    I'm a Cat 1 coffee shop poseur. Going pro next year.
    Not until you get a Prince with a triple and a 29 in the back.

  12. #12
    europoseur
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    310
    Posts
    321
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Happytime
    Not until you get a Prince with a triple and a 29 in the back.
    I know... aluminum is like so last year.

  13. #13
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    4,560
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Speedee View Post
    I know... aluminum is like so last year.
    Heck no. You can ride aluminum. Some bikes are strictly for posing.

  14. #14
    Senior Member Cassave's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Woodland Hills, Calif.
    Posts
    1,510
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Happytime View Post
    Anyone know the current status and road conditions of the SM climbs? Mostly interested in Latigo, Piuma and Stunt, but any information would be appreciated!
    Everything's open for business.

  15. #15
    Senior Member PlanetU's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Washington, UT
    Posts
    541
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Happytime View Post
    Anyone know the current status and road conditions of the SM climbs? Mostly interested in Latigo, Piuma and Stunt, but any information would be appreciated!
    I rode Piuma, Saddle Peak and Fernwood today. All fine. Smells a bit like burnt toast in some areas; but not bad at all!
    :-)

  16. #16
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    4,560
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the tips. Glad to hear it!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •