Advertise on Bikeforums.net



User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 48
  1. #1
    no more nellie
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    17,369
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    CAM Challenge Reminder

    As the editor of the CAM Challenge Sticky thread and keeper of the list, I just want to ensure that everyone has gotten his/her credit if you are a CAM participant. Please check the thread and list. If you have posted a century in there, and I did not give you credit, please let me know. Also, if you are taking the challenge and haven't posted your centuries, please do, and I'll give you credit.

    Of course, you can always just slip me a $20, and I'll give you credit, but perhaps I shouldn't admit that here.

  2. #2
    They Exist Drew12's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Costa Mesa, Ca........ Life is good...
    My Bikes
    Yeti 575, Intense Tracer, Specialized Rubaix Pro
    Posts
    1,680
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by merider1 View Post
    As the editor of the CAM Challenge Sticky thread and keeper of the list, I just want to ensure that everyone has gotten his/her credit if you are a CAM participant. Please check the thread and list. If you have posted a century in there, and I did not give you credit, please let me know. Also, if you are taking the challenge and haven't posted your centuries, please do, and I'll give you credit.

    Of course, you can always just slip me a $20, and I'll give you credit, but perhaps I shouldn't admit that here.
    Is that $20 per month, or for the Year?
    Are you willing to negotiate..
    WHEN GOING THROUGH HELL, KEEP GOING
    Winston Churchill

  3. #3
    no more nellie
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    17,369
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just for that, Drew, I'd charge you a buck fifty extra. So, $21.50...per month.

  4. #4
    riding once again jschen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    My Bikes
    '06 Cervelo R3, '05 Specialized Allez
    Posts
    7,360
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My entry in post #1 shows 10/12 right now. Should show 8/12. I didn't complete centuries in April or June.
    If you notice this notice then you will notice that this notice is not worth noticing.

  5. #5
    Queen of France Indolent58's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    My Bikes
    Look 565, Trek 2120
    Posts
    3,806
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jschen View Post
    My entry in post #1 shows 10/12 right now. Should show 8/12. I didn't complete centuries in April or June.
    Well worth the $40, I think. Just $40 more and you're done!

  6. #6
    hello roadfix's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Los Angeles
    My Bikes
    thank you for asking
    Posts
    18,502
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm a total drop out. I've shamed my family, just as I did in college.....
    Last edited by roadfix; 11-12-07 at 11:50 AM.

  7. #7
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    My Bikes
    1999 Norco ht mtb/2006 C'dale road bike/2007 Colnago CLX
    Posts
    2,698
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Can we get a group discount?

    I didn't sign up, but just realized I only missed Feb-Apr.

  8. #8
    no more nellie
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    17,369
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jschen View Post
    My entry in post #1 shows 10/12 right now. Should show 8/12. I didn't complete centuries in April or June.
    Oh, really? Hmmm. Maybe it was the "massage exchange for a month" thing we got going.

  9. #9
    They Exist Drew12's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Costa Mesa, Ca........ Life is good...
    My Bikes
    Yeti 575, Intense Tracer, Specialized Rubaix Pro
    Posts
    1,680
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by merider1 View Post
    Just for that, Drew, I'd charge you a buck fifty extra. So, $21.50...per month.
    Sent money by PayPal.

    Let me know when it shows up!
    WHEN GOING THROUGH HELL, KEEP GOING
    Winston Churchill

  10. #10
    They Exist Drew12's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Costa Mesa, Ca........ Life is good...
    My Bikes
    Yeti 575, Intense Tracer, Specialized Rubaix Pro
    Posts
    1,680
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by merider1 View Post
    Oh, really? Hmmm. Maybe it was the "massage exchange for a month" thing we got going.
    Hey, that changed things..
    Stopped PayPal and sent PM...

    now, when do you collect.
    WHEN GOING THROUGH HELL, KEEP GOING
    Winston Churchill

  11. #11
    no more nellie
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    17,369
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Drew12 View Post
    Hey, that changed things..
    Stopped PayPal and sent PM...

    now, when do you collect.
    Well, my neck is a little stiff today...sniff...

  12. #12
    riding once again jschen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    My Bikes
    '06 Cervelo R3, '05 Specialized Allez
    Posts
    7,360
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by merider1 View Post
    Oh, really? Hmmm. Maybe it was the "massage exchange for a month" thing we got going.
    Cabana-boy A Month sounds more fun than Century A Month. Sign me up for 2008!
    If you notice this notice then you will notice that this notice is not worth noticing.

  13. #13
    umd
    umd is offline
    Banned umd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Santa Barbara, CA
    My Bikes
    Specialized Tarmac SL2, Specialized Tarmac SL, Giant TCR Composite, Specialized StumpJumper Expert HT
    Posts
    28,343
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Anybody up for a century a week challenge next year?

    Edit:To be realistic, you don't have to actually do a century every calendar week, you would just have to average 1 per week, or 52 over the year. I would give credit for doubles as 2 centuries.

  14. #14
    no more nellie
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    17,369
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by umd View Post
    Anybody up for a century a week challenge next year?

    Edit:To be realistic, you don't have to actually do a century every calendar week, you would just have to average 1 per week, or 52 over the year. I would give credit for doubles as 2 centuries.
    Well, let me think about that...


    ...no.

  15. #15
    Senior Member VanceMac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Socal
    Posts
    4,163
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by umd View Post
    Anybody up for a century a week challenge next year?

    Edit:To be realistic, you don't have to actually do a century every calendar week, you would just have to average 1 per week, or 52 over the year. I would give credit for doubles as 2 centuries.
    Assuming that I actually find a job for next year, I will be forced to concentrate more of my miles on the weekend. So, yes, I will join you for that one!

  16. #16
    no more nellie
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    17,369
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    BUMP...ED

    I'm lazy, so this is your last chance to cheat. Tell me if I'm missing any of your centuries or added too many or whatever, cause to heck if I'm going to go through the whole thread to determine. Now, if anyone on here has absolutely nothing to do with him/herself (as in, twiddling your thumbs has started to bore you) by all means, go though the sticky CAM Challenge thread and determine if everyone is being truthful. Then report back to me. Otherwise, for those of you with lots to do, just tell me if I got your specific ride total correct. Thank you.

  17. #17
    Senior Member ronjon10's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Topanga, but I'm not a hippy
    My Bikes
    IF Club Racer, Bike Friday Pocket Rocket
    Posts
    2,820
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by VanceMac View Post
    Assuming that I actually find a job for next year, I will be forced to concentrate more of my miles on the weekend. So, yes, I will join you for that one!
    Speaking as someone who has a job, I don't recommend it.
    just being

  18. #18
    umd
    umd is offline
    Banned umd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Santa Barbara, CA
    My Bikes
    Specialized Tarmac SL2, Specialized Tarmac SL, Giant TCR Composite, Specialized StumpJumper Expert HT
    Posts
    28,343
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've done a century every month, but I'm too lazy to get all my data together from before I got my Garmin... can you just take my word for it?

  19. #19
    Senior Member VanceMac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Socal
    Posts
    4,163
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ronjon10 View Post
    Speaking as someone who has a job, I don't recommend it.
    Will you write a letter to that effect addressed to my wife, please?

  20. #20
    no more nellie
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    17,369
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by umd View Post
    I've done a century every month, but I'm too lazy to get all my data together from before I got my Garmin... can you just take my word for it?
    No. I don't trust that you're telling the truth. I think you greatly exaggerate your riding. Besides, riding a century a day disqualifies you as it is an unfair advantage to the rest of us.



  21. #21
    Queen of France Indolent58's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    My Bikes
    Look 565, Trek 2120
    Posts
    3,806
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by VanceMac View Post
    Will you write a letter to that effect addressed to my wife, please?
    Ron will be happy to, while placing a slight emphasis on the fact that he does have a job.

  22. #22
    Senior Member VanceMac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Socal
    Posts
    4,163
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Indolent58 View Post
    Ron will be happy to, while placing a slight emphasis on the fact that he does have a job.
    Double bonus.

  23. #23
    Queen of France Indolent58's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    My Bikes
    Look 565, Trek 2120
    Posts
    3,806
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    HALLP! I'M BEING OPPRESSED!!!!

    ME is drunk with power and it abusing her position.

    Quote Originally Posted by merider1
    Quote Originally Posted by Indolent58
    Quote Originally Posted by merider1
    Quote Originally Posted by Indolent58
    Gimme my credit! Now! HurryHurryHurryHurryHurryHurryHurryHurryHurry!
    no. I'm the keeper of the list and I'm going to make you suffer. I'm not giving you credit until December 31st.


    But I won't even be around on Dec 31st!. We'll be out of the country from 12/21 to 1/5. The lack of closure will ruin my vacation

    You don't want to be responsible for ruining my Christmas vacation do you?
    Oh, you have a point. I'll just hold off until 1/5. That will give you something to look forward to.

  24. #24
    no more nellie
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    17,369
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Indolent58 View Post
    HALLP! I'M BEING OPPRESSED!!!!

    ME is drunk with power and it abusing her position.
    I'm reporting you to the Mods. Posting a PM is grounds for immediate banning.

    You're going to be banned, you're going to be bannnnnnnnneeeedddd!

    Oh, and just for doing that, I'm now not going to update your CAM info until December 18th...2008 and there's ain't nothing you can do about it.

    Buwahahahahahahah....

  25. #25
    Queen of France Indolent58's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    My Bikes
    Look 565, Trek 2120
    Posts
    3,806
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I rest my case. She's insane I tell you.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •