Advertise on Bikeforums.net



User Tag List

Results 1 to 13 of 13
  1. #1
    Pedal pusher... alicestrong's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Los Angeles
    My Bikes
    I've got a bunch...
    Posts
    7,754
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    New Fixie Shop on the Westside

    May you live long, live strong, and live happy!

  2. #2
    hello roadfix's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Los Angeles
    My Bikes
    thank you for asking
    Posts
    18,502
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Very nice. It's small, but a hot market. Many say this is just a fad, but I think this is a strong trend and will continue to grow. I wish them well in their business venture. I'll stop in next time I'm in that area.
    Last edited by roadfix; 11-13-07 at 12:48 PM.

  3. #3
    Senior Member dddave's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    los angeles
    My Bikes
    2012 redline conquest pro / 2008 yeti 575 / motobecan fantom cross uno
    Posts
    2,147
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    we need one of these in oc. or a bike kitchen or something.

  4. #4
    Pedal pusher... alicestrong's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Los Angeles
    My Bikes
    I've got a bunch...
    Posts
    7,754
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Business op?
    May you live long, live strong, and live happy!

  5. #5
    Euro-Trash Enzo Gucci's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    449
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by roadfix View Post
    Very nice. It's small, but a hot market. Many say this is just a fad, but I think this is a strong trend and will continue to grow. I wish them well in their business venture. I'll stop in next time I'm in that area.
    SO many people are saying that they "cant wait for the trend to die".

    I can't wait for it to grow bigger and bigger. More cyclists, more rides, new shops, new bike companies, and LESS CARS on the road are all awesome things.

    I'll stop by when I am in the area.
    MySpace
    Don't act like you don't have one.

  6. #6
    Queen of France Indolent58's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    My Bikes
    Look 565, Trek 2120
    Posts
    3,806
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by roadfix View Post
    Very nice. It's small, but a hot market. Many say this is just a fad, but I think this is a strong trend and will continue to grow. I wish them well in their business venture. I'll stop in next time I'm in that area.
    You might be right, but be careful what you wish for. If it continues to grow there will come a time when fixies will become so common that fixie posing will no longer be viable. Then what will you do? Are you prepared for octagonal-wheeled unicycling? It could come to that.

  7. #7
    mateo for short mateo44's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Irvine, CA
    Posts
    1,973
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If I had a quarter for every person on a fixie I've seen this just this week....

    On the one hand, it may be that I'm just aware of them now, and therefore noticing them more. But I don't think that explains it...
    << no sig at this time >>

  8. #8
    hello roadfix's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Los Angeles
    My Bikes
    thank you for asking
    Posts
    18,502
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Indolent58 View Post
    You might be right, but be careful what you wish for. If it continues to grow there will come a time when fixies will become so common that fixie posing will no longer be viable. Then what will you do?
    If it ever comes to that, I would be left with no other choice as I wouldn't be able to get into another poseable hobby comparable to what fixed gear riding has offered me these last few years, at this late stage of my life. I would be totally lost so I'll do the honorable thing:



  9. #9
    Queen of France Indolent58's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    My Bikes
    Look 565, Trek 2120
    Posts
    3,806
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by roadfix View Post
    If it ever comes to that, I would be left with no other choice as I wouldn't be able to get into another poseable hobby comparable to what fixed gear riding has offered me these last few years, at this late stage of my life. I would be totally lost so I'll do the honorable thing:
    Really I would consider the unicycle thing before doing anything drastic.

    In any case in your situation I would be hoping that the fixie craze goes the way of pet rocks.

  10. #10
    hello roadfix's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Los Angeles
    My Bikes
    thank you for asking
    Posts
    18,502
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Indolent58 View Post
    In any case in your situation I would be hoping that the fixie craze goes the way of pet rocks.
    Well, you never know. They said the same thing about mountain biking a few years back...

  11. #11
    Queen of France Indolent58's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    My Bikes
    Look 565, Trek 2120
    Posts
    3,806
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by roadfix View Post
    Well, you never know. They said the same thing about mountain biking a few years back...
    Maybe, but there wasn't a sword involved then.

  12. #12
    Despite all my rage, I am rooftest's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    My Bikes
    LeMond Zurich, Colnago C-50
    Posts
    2,619
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Gotta love that last "white boy flashing gang signs" picture.

  13. #13
    Mooninite shakeNbake's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    South of Heaven
    My Bikes
    $53 Walmart Special
    Posts
    3,194
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ROFL!!

    It's a few blocks away from my place! I met Dave, friendly guys there.

    Too bad I don't ride a fixed gear. Hope to change that soon

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •