Cycling and bicycle discussion forums. 
   Click here to join our community Log in to access your Control Panel  


Go Back   > > >

Southern California Southern California

User Tag List

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11-17-07, 02:58 PM   #1
Enzo Gucci
Euro-Trash
Thread Starter
 
Enzo Gucci's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Bikes:
Posts: 449
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Montrose Ride

Me and two of my friends met at the bowl and cruised over to meet up with the group. I was hurting so bad, but it was a great way to finish off a long week. Now it's time for a day or two of recovery

Anyways, I met someone from here at the Sierra Madre Juice Co. I caught your name, but I can't remember what it was now. Chime in so I can put a face with the name next time I'm out there!
Enzo Gucci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-07, 03:03 PM   #2
DaveSANYYZ
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: San Diego, CA
Bikes: 1999 Norco ht mtb/2006 C'dale road bike/2007 Colnago CLX
Posts: 2,698
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
It's not me, but I believe roadfix/George does the Montrose ride.
DaveSANYYZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-07, 04:02 PM   #3
jpconrad
Racerboy Douchebaggery
 
jpconrad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Rosebowl Land
Bikes: 2007 Cannondale systemSix, 2008 Bianchi Pista
Posts: 3,200
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I do it, too, just not today. Bigdraft and redal do the Montrose ride, too
jpconrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-07, 04:26 PM   #4
redal
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Bikes:
Posts: 1,243
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
It was me.
redal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-07, 05:16 PM   #5
redal
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Bikes:
Posts: 1,243
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
BTW, my name's Josh. Chepe or Ivan could have told you who I was since I talked to both of them today as well. I thought you might recognize the jersey. We talked in a different thread and you mentioned that you know my teammate Gustavo.
redal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-07, 05:35 PM   #6
roadfix
hello
 
roadfix's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Los Angeles
Bikes:
Posts: 18,570
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveSANYYZ View Post
It's not me, but I believe roadfix/George does the Montrose ride.
Well, try to hang for part of it, at least.......and no, I wasn't there this morning.
roadfix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-07, 05:40 PM   #7
redal
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Bikes:
Posts: 1,243
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by roadfix View Post
Well, try to hang for part of it, at least.......and no, I wasn't there this morning.
There was an empty seat at Starbucks waiting for you.
redal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-07, 05:57 PM   #8
Enzo Gucci
Euro-Trash
Thread Starter
 
Enzo Gucci's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Bikes:
Posts: 449
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by redal View Post
BTW, my name's Josh. Chepe or Ivan could have told you who I was since I talked to both of them today as well. I thought you might recognize the jersey. We talked in a different thread and you mentioned that you know my teammate Gustavo.
Awesome, sorry about the confusion. I thought you said something completely different when you said "redal" It was loud and I was a bit out of it from not eating breakfast before the ride. I didn't even look at the jersey, haha. Thats what I get for not eating or drinking anything before a ride.

Sorry dude, I wish I had known it was you when we talked! I would have invited you down to my place in Pasadena to eat lunch with Chepe, Ivan and me. It was Ivan's first time doing the Montorse ride, so Chepe and I met him at the Bowl and the three of us cruised over to Trader Joes together. We might be there again next week, hopefuly I'll see you then!
BTW, where the hell has Gus been lately? I haven't seen him in a while.
Enzo Gucci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-07, 06:10 PM   #9
redal
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Bikes:
Posts: 1,243
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enzo Gucci View Post
Awesome, sorry about the confusion. I thought you said something completely different when you said "redal" It was loud and I was a bit out of it from not eating breakfast before the ride. I didn't even look at the jersey, haha. Thats what I get for not eating or drinking anything before a ride.

Sorry dude, I wish I had known it was you when we talked! I would have invited you down to my place in Pasadena to eat lunch with Chepe, Ivan and me. It was Ivan's first time doing the Montorse ride, so Chepe and I met him at the Bowl and the three of us cruised over to Trader Joes together. We might be there again next week, hopefuly I'll see you then!
BTW, where the hell has Gus been lately? I haven't seen him in a while.
Thanks, I had a couple of more hours to ride anyways. I was wondering the same about Gus. I know he said he was going to start doing Simi, so he's probably been out there. I actually need to get a hold of him and see what his plans are for next year.
redal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-07, 06:34 PM   #10
Enzo Gucci
Euro-Trash
Thread Starter
 
Enzo Gucci's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Bikes:
Posts: 449
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by redal View Post
Thanks, I had a couple of more hours to ride anyways. I was wondering the same about Gus. I know he said he was going to start doing Simi, so he's probably been out there. I actually need to get a hold of him and see what his plans are for next year.
Yeah, kick his ass for me if you have to. Last I talked to him he was doing Simi and was still training. I just haven't seen him around lately.
Enzo Gucci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-07, 07:51 PM   #11
bigdraft
Senior Member
 
bigdraft's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Pasadena CA
Bikes: Arnold
Posts: 436
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hi Enzo..I was there too..when we were coming down from the Descanso start, I was on the front and either you or your friend was on my wheel and when I motioned for whoever it was to come around, he said he didn't know which way the route went, so I pulled until Salvia Cyn, where we dove down into the bowl..my name is Pat btw. You guys rode well
bigdraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-07, 08:17 PM   #12
Enzo Gucci
Euro-Trash
Thread Starter
 
Enzo Gucci's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Bikes:
Posts: 449
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdraft View Post
Hi Enzo..I was there too..when we were coming down from the Descanso start, I was on the front and either you or your friend was on my wheel and when I motioned for whoever it was to come around, he said he didn't know which way the route went, so I pulled until Salvia Cyn, where we dove down into the bowl..my name is Pat btw. You guys rode well
Awesome. I'll look forward to meeting you guys soon. I didn't start at Descanso, it was probably either Jason or Dan. Both of them have never done the ride before, so it must have been them.

Chepe and I met up with Ivan at the Bowl and the three of us cruised over to Trader Joes together to wait for the peleton. We were all waiting to make a left at the light on Mission when the Peleton caught up, so if you saw a Bearclaw guy at the light, that was me.

Did you go short or long?
Enzo Gucci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-07, 08:56 PM   #13
genedoc
re-cyclist
 
genedoc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Claremont, CA
Bikes: Fuji Team Issue, GT tandem, Couture (bet you never heard of this one)
Posts: 201
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by redal View Post
There was an empty seat at Starbucks waiting for you.
Josh, what's up? The Coffee Bean wasn't good enough for you today?
genedoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-07, 09:07 PM   #14
Enzo Gucci
Euro-Trash
Thread Starter
 
Enzo Gucci's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Bikes:
Posts: 449
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by genedoc View Post
Josh, what's up? The Coffee Bean wasn't good enough for you today?
Neither of those places do it for me. I'm partial to the espresso and cappucino my machine makes. After the ride sometime, I'll make you guys some
Enzo Gucci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-07, 11:04 PM   #15
redal
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Bikes:
Posts: 1,243
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by genedoc View Post
Josh, what's up? The Coffee Bean wasn't good enough for you today?
There's a Starbucks at the end of the ride. No Coffee Bean. Someday you guys are going to have to go past Gladstone to the finish of the ride and I'll buy you some coffee at the Starbucks in Sierra Madre. Coffee Bean, Peets, Starbucks, AMPM, 7-11 or my house, they all get the job done for me.
redal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-07, 12:09 AM   #16
ovoleg
Powered by Borscht
 
ovoleg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: SoCal
Bikes: Russian Vodka
Posts: 8,344
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
haha you could barely keep up with fixer and he is cruisin most of the time.

If you need advice, just ask I am not cheap but good
ovoleg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-07, 01:02 AM   #17
Enzo Gucci
Euro-Trash
Thread Starter
 
Enzo Gucci's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Bikes:
Posts: 449
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ovoleg View Post
haha you could barely keep up with fixer and he is cruisin most of the time.

If you need advice, just ask I am not cheap but good
Me?

Not sure I know what you're talking about.
Enzo Gucci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-07, 01:24 AM   #18
ovoleg
Powered by Borscht
 
ovoleg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: SoCal
Bikes: Russian Vodka
Posts: 8,344
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
ya i can teach you, just paypal me some $$$
ovoleg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-07, 08:24 AM   #19
genedoc
re-cyclist
 
genedoc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Claremont, CA
Bikes: Fuji Team Issue, GT tandem, Couture (bet you never heard of this one)
Posts: 201
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by redal View Post
There's a Starbucks at the end of the ride. No Coffee Bean. Someday you guys are going to have to go past Gladstone to the finish of the ride and I'll buy you some coffee at the Starbucks in Sierra Madre. Coffee Bean, Peets, Starbucks, AMPM, 7-11 or my house, they all get the job done for me.
Pat's been warning me that day is coming soon - at least for some of us. You'll drive us back to Claremont after coffee though, right?
genedoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-07, 11:36 AM   #20
Enzo Gucci
Euro-Trash
Thread Starter
 
Enzo Gucci's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Bikes:
Posts: 449
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ovoleg View Post
ya i can teach you, just paypal me some $$$
Teach me what?
Enzo Gucci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-07, 11:45 AM   #21
alicestrong
Pedal pusher...
 
alicestrong's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Los Angeles
Bikes: I've got a bunch...
Posts: 7,763
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
No love for Beantown?

Enzo you're new here, right? Let me give you some advice. Stick with the BF women. You will get a much more well-rounded education...
__________________
May you live long, live strong, and live happy!
alicestrong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-07, 11:54 AM   #22
Enzo Gucci
Euro-Trash
Thread Starter
 
Enzo Gucci's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Bikes:
Posts: 449
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by alicestrong View Post
No love for Beantown?

Enzo you're new here, right? Let me give you some advice. Stick with the BF women. You will get a much more well-rounded education...
I'm all for learning things from the ladies...

...but I'm just trying to figure out what the hell ovo is talking about?
Enzo Gucci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-07, 11:57 AM   #23
VanceMac
Senior Member
 
VanceMac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Socal
Bikes:
Posts: 4,270
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enzo Gucci View Post
...but I'm just trying to figure out what the hell ovo is talking about?
If you figure it out, let us all know!
VanceMac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-07, 11:58 AM   #24
alicestrong
Pedal pusher...
 
alicestrong's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Los Angeles
Bikes: I've got a bunch...
Posts: 7,763
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I'll give you a clue. Don't take anything that anyone around here says too seriously...
__________________
May you live long, live strong, and live happy!
alicestrong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-07, 03:52 PM   #25
redal
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Bikes:
Posts: 1,243
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ovoleg View Post
haha you could barely keep up with fixer and he is cruisin most of the time.

If you need advice, just ask I am not cheap but good
fixer wasn't there. Pay attention.
redal is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -6. The time now is 08:43 PM.