Advertise on Bikeforums.net



User Tag List

Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: Mantra

  1. #1
    Pedal pusher... alicestrong's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Los Angeles
    My Bikes
    I've got a bunch...
    Posts
    7,729
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Mantra

    When I go biking, I repeat a mantra of the day's sensations: bright sun, blue sky, warm breeze, blue jay's call, ice melting and so on. This helps me transcend the traffic, ignore the clamorings of work, leave all the mind theaters behind and focus on nature instead. I still must abide by the rules of the road, of biking, of gravity. But I am mentally far away from civilization. The world is breaking someone else's heart.

    ~Diane Ackerman
    May you live long, live strong, and live happy!

  2. #2
    hello roadfix's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Los Angeles
    My Bikes
    thank you for asking
    Posts
    18,502
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Does she ride a fixed gear or something?

  3. #3
    Hey guyz? Guyz? Wait up!! Siu Blue Wind's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    10,479
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ehh. I tried to repeat a mantra but everyone thought I was talking to myself.
    Quote Originally Posted by Buddha
    We are what we think. All that we are arises with our thoughts. With our thoughts, we make the world.
    Quote Originally Posted by making View Post
    Please dont outsmart the censor. That is a very expensive censor and every time one of you guys outsmart it it makes someone at the home office feel bad. We dont wanna do that. So dont cleverly disguise bad words.

  4. #4
    Pedal pusher... alicestrong's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Los Angeles
    My Bikes
    I've got a bunch...
    Posts
    7,729
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Siu Blue Wind View Post
    Ehh. I tried to repeat a mantra but everyone thought I was talking to myself.

    I really WAS talking to myself...
    May you live long, live strong, and live happy!

  5. #5
    Hey guyz? Guyz? Wait up!! Siu Blue Wind's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Posts
    10,479
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So was I but I wasn't going to admit that!
    Quote Originally Posted by Buddha
    We are what we think. All that we are arises with our thoughts. With our thoughts, we make the world.
    Quote Originally Posted by making View Post
    Please dont outsmart the censor. That is a very expensive censor and every time one of you guys outsmart it it makes someone at the home office feel bad. We dont wanna do that. So dont cleverly disguise bad words.

  6. #6
    Dagger Boy Extort's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Southern California
    My Bikes
    1999 GT 5.0i mountain, 2004 Basso Reef road
    Posts
    3,247
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sometimes a good, pulsing beat inside your ear (from the blood pumping and the music playing) is better than listening to nature... Thank God I have other senses so that I can at least appreciate nature while I am on a ride!
    Women think they're so clever because they can fake an orgasm for the sake of a relationship, but men can fake a whole relationship for the sake of an orgasm.

  7. #7
    Member of Team Wheaties! octico's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Fullerton
    My Bikes
    06 Specialized Tarmac Pro
    Posts
    1,105
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Extort View Post
    Sometimes a good, pulsing beat inside your ear (from the blood pumping and the music playing) is better than listening to nature... Thank God I have other senses so that I can at least appreciate nature while I am on a ride!
    Phil U are sooo right !
    "Every day you may make progress. Every step may be fruitful. Yet there will stretch out before you an ever-lengthening, ever-ascending, ever-improving path. You know you will never get to the end of the journey. But this, so far from discouraging, only adds to the joy and glory of the climb."
    Sir Winston Churchill

  8. #8
    Queen of France Indolent58's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    My Bikes
    Look 565, Trek 2120
    Posts
    3,806
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think that repeating mantras while biking is going to be illegal next year along with talking on cellphones while driving.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •