Roadfix recommended I ride up Chantry Flats last night, so once I found out it was opened again I decided to go ahead and check it out. I wasn't sure how it was since the road's been closed for a while, and I knew that the recent rains could have causes some potential issues with debris. However, the road was in pretty good shape. So...
I will probably start doing weekly night rides up to Chantry Flats again, heading up there either Wednesday night or Thursday night. Would anyone be interested in joining me?
A few things to know...
- Start time would be between 6:30 and 7:30.
- I won't be hammering, particularly if we do it on Wednesday.
- It is very, very cold up there on the descent. Last night I froze coming down, thankfully it's a short descent.
- Good, strong lights are necessary.
- If we are doing just Chantry Flats, figure about 2 hrs from start to finish.
- Total climbing is about 2200 ft, with 1400 or so within 4 miles.
- Did I mention how cold it is up there?
Park at the end of the Ralphs (not Vons) parking lot next to Michallinda.