I need something to love.
I've tried a man before (more times than I care to reveal) and although they are fantastic for petting, the rest of the care on these animals is daunting, so I'm thinking of going smaller. A child I'd either have to bear (I'm not stretching it, so that's out) or adopt (can't afford it). So, now I’m thinking small and possibly furry?
Anyway, here are my current stats
1. I live in a one bedroom apartment with a window unit, but no air conditioning (thus, a Chinchilla is out as they need cooler temperatures to survive).
2. I’m hardly ever home. I leave between 5:30-8:00am every morning, and don’t return until after 8:00pm most evenings. I’m usually out riding all day Saturday and Sunday.
3. I’m messy. Sometimes, I’m a slob. Sometimes, my place is so clean, you could eat off the floor, but I think an animal in a cage or confined is likely best.
4. I love to pet things and coo to them…a tarantula would hate me and likely bite me…repeatedly.
5. I have asthma, so less fur (but not NO fur) is best. A cat is out, period, and no I won’t budge so don’t try talking me into adopting one.
So, So Calers, anyone own any of the pets I’ve listed and can honestly suggest it to love?