Advertise on Bikeforums.net



User Tag List

Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1. #1
    TCR
    TCR is offline
    Riding Heavens Highway TCR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Sunny SoCal
    My Bikes
    '04 Giant TCR
    Posts
    1,780
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Come ride in my neck of the woods - Saturday, May 17, 2008, 6:00 AM

    Err, ok, so there are no woods but we do have Joshua trees.

    No smog! No humidty! No rain! Only fresh air, sunshine & tail winds in every direction! Plus, I'll be there so you don't want to miss out on that.

    Seriously, I know the guy that puts this on and he really does a great job with these events. And even though I ride these roads every week I had a great time doing this event last year. In addition to the bike ride there will also be a 1/2 marathon, a 5K race, a kids race, and a bunch of vendor booths set up with fun and games. Proceeds are going to the local Youth Groups. So get your lazy arses up here on May 17th and ride with me!



    DESCRIPTION:
    Bike Tour Course is routed through three cities. The course starts at the lower campus of Victor Valley Community College, then heads south into the city of Hesperia. It continues east into the Town of Apple Valley and finishes back in the city of Victorville. There will be two course options, a 20-mile loop and a 50-mile loop. This course is fast, fast, fast! Hold on for an exciting ride!
    FEES:
    $30 until April 30, 2008, then $35 until May 16, 2008. Race Day fees are $40.
    Awards:
    All participants will receive finisher's medal and t-shirt.
    ROAD RULES:
    This is a Bike Tour not a Race. All riders must obey all traffic laws..
    Race Day Check In/Start Times:
    Registration and Check In will open at 5:00am, Bike Tour starts at 6:00am
    LOCATION:
    Victor Valley College 18422 Bear Valley Rd, Victorville, CA 92392
    REGISTER ONLINE HERE:
    http://www.active.com/page/Event_Det...d-3132f10dfb5d
    MAIL IN OR DAY OFF PDF FORM:
    http://hbtevents.com/forms/riverwalk...ation_form.pdf



  2. #2
    How much does it weigh? prendrefeu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Weight Weenie on a budget.
    My Bikes
    Lotus Fixed, Bianchi Virata 2004
    Posts
    3,427
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TCR View Post
    This course is fast, fast, fast! Hold on for an exciting ride!
    FEES:
    $30 until April 30, 2008, then $35 until May 16, 2008.
    Race Day fees are $40.
    Awards:
    All participants will receive finisher's medal and t-shirt.

    ROAD RULES:
    This is a Bike Tour not a Race. All riders must obey all traffic laws..
    Race Day Check In/Start Times:
    Registration and Check In will open at 5:00am, Bike Tour starts at 6:00am
    LOCATION:
    Victor Valley College 18422 Bear Valley Rd, Victorville, CA 92392
    REGISTER ONLINE HERE:
    http://www.active.com/page/Event_Det...d-3132f10dfb5d
    MAIL IN OR DAY OFF PDF FORM:
    http://hbtevents.com/forms/riverwalk...ation_form.pdf
    ???

    Sounds great - is the route going to be blocked off to traffic? I worked in Hesperia for a few months not too long ago and the number of excessively large trucks & SUVs driving way too fast were a bit scary. That, and the general attitude of people in the area towards a cyclist on the road. Just my personal experience though. So, is the route cordoned off?
    Weight weenies keep it light.

    Director of the Midnight Express Ride; Board of Directors, Los Angeles County Bicycle Coalition.

  3. #3
    TCR
    TCR is offline
    Riding Heavens Highway TCR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Sunny SoCal
    My Bikes
    '04 Giant TCR
    Posts
    1,780
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by prendrefeu View Post
    ???

    Sounds great - is the route going to be blocked off to traffic? I worked in Hesperia for a few months not too long ago and the number of excessively large trucks & SUVs driving way too fast were a bit scary. That, and the general attitude of people in the area towards a cyclist on the road. Just my personal experience though. So, is the route cordoned off?
    The route is open to traffic but the course has been tailored to bypass it as much as possible with the majority of the 50-mile course in Apple Valley on more rural roads with little traffic. Last year they had a lead vehicle, a follow vehicle and escorts on the busy street of Bear Valley Rd. I was told by the director there will be more safety vehicles and volunteers out on the course this year.

  4. #4
    TCR
    TCR is offline
    Riding Heavens Highway TCR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Sunny SoCal
    My Bikes
    '04 Giant TCR
    Posts
    1,780
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here's a course map. I've ridden these roads so many times I can tell you exactly where every pothole is at. Actually, I'd say 80% of these roads are newly paved and great to ride on.


  5. #5
    Body By Nintendo Psydotek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Videogames ruined my life. Good thing i have 2 extra lives.
    My Bikes
    Giant TCR2, Giant TCX, IRO BFSSFG SE, Salsa Casseroll, IRO Rob Roy.
    Posts
    3,190
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Interesting, i'll have to check t3h schedule and tell my friends. They might want to do this.

    Quote Originally Posted by jsharr View Post
    A girl once asked me to give her twelve inches and make it hurt. I had to make love to her 3 times and then punch her in the nose.

  6. #6
    Racerboy Douchebaggery jpconrad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Rosebowl Land
    My Bikes
    2007 Cannondale systemSix, 2008 Bianchi Pista
    Posts
    3,200
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ride early, if it's windy that day (like most days) they usually aren't bad or are non-existent early in the morning.

  7. #7
    TCR
    TCR is offline
    Riding Heavens Highway TCR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Sunny SoCal
    My Bikes
    '04 Giant TCR
    Posts
    1,780
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jpconrad View Post
    Ride early, if it's windy that day (like most days) they usually aren't bad or are non-existent early in the morning.
    We've specifically ordered no wind for that day.

  8. #8
    www.ocrebels.com Rick@OCRR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Whittier, CA
    My Bikes
    GT Edge Titanium, Mercian Vincitore, Masi Gran Criterium, GT Zaskar, Hercules 3-Speed, KHS Flight Team
    Posts
    5,334
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not a conflict for most SoCal riders, but the Lake Pepin 3-Speed Tour is the same day and I'll be in WI on Sat. and MN on Sunday, on the 3-Speed Tour with 75 or 80 other 3-Speed Nutters.

    Rick / OCRR

  9. #9
    TCR
    TCR is offline
    Riding Heavens Highway TCR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Sunny SoCal
    My Bikes
    '04 Giant TCR
    Posts
    1,780
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rick@OCRR View Post
    on the 3-Speed Tour with 75 or 80 other 3-Speed Nutters.

    Rick / OCRR
    3-speed nutters, ay?

  10. #10
    TCR
    TCR is offline
    Riding Heavens Highway TCR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Sunny SoCal
    My Bikes
    '04 Giant TCR
    Posts
    1,780
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •