Advertise on Bikeforums.net



User Tag List

Results 1 to 11 of 11
  1. #1
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    345
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Good shops for entry-level TT/Tri bikes?

    I'm looking to upgrade from my spare-roadie-with-clipons to a true Tri rig this season. Anyone know of any local shops trying to move last year's stock (large sizes)? Hoping to spend less than $1500, and would like 105/Ultegra. I'm keeping a watchful eye on ebay and craigslist, but sizes for the bigger boys are rarely found. I've heard of last year's cervelo P2s going for $1350 on another board, but no idea where. Any guidance appreciated.

    Jim

  2. #2
    ... Brandy's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Huntington Beach, Ca
    Posts
    6,948
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Check out Nytro. I just looked and they have several entry level bikes which are near your budget. The 2008 P2 w/Ultegra is $1650.

    http://www.nytro.com/

  3. #3
    Senior Member curiouskid55's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    SoCal Baby
    My Bikes
    o5 Specilized roubaix Comp, 06 Tequilo
    Posts
    2,137
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Call Bicycle John's in Burbank.

  4. #4
    Senior Member socalrider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Upland, CA
    My Bikes
    Litespeed Liege, Motorola Team Issue Eddy Mercxk, Surly Crosscheck Cyclocross bike, Fisher Supercaliber Mtn. Bike
    Posts
    5,002
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    where are you located and what size do you need? I saw this litespeed saber in N. San Diego..

    http://sandiego.craigslist.org/nsd/bik/626819085.html

  5. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    345
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by socalrider View Post
    where are you located and what size do you need? I saw this litespeed saber in N. San Diego..

    http://sandiego.craigslist.org/nsd/bik/626819085.html
    Wow. Beautiful bike, but way too small. I ride a 61-63 road frame. Thanks. I'm in Simi Valley.

  6. #6
    Senior Member socalrider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Upland, CA
    My Bikes
    Litespeed Liege, Motorola Team Issue Eddy Mercxk, Surly Crosscheck Cyclocross bike, Fisher Supercaliber Mtn. Bike
    Posts
    5,002
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Seamus View Post
    Wow. Beautiful bike, but way too small. I ride a 61-63 road frame. Thanks. I'm in Simi Valley.
    I ride the same size, 60-61.. I will keep my eyes open for something local..

  7. #7
    Senior Member socalrider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Upland, CA
    My Bikes
    Litespeed Liege, Motorola Team Issue Eddy Mercxk, Surly Crosscheck Cyclocross bike, Fisher Supercaliber Mtn. Bike
    Posts
    5,002
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

  8. #8
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    345
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by socalrider View Post
    Watching...

    socalrider, my new best friend.

    Jim

  9. #9
    Senior Member socalrider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    Upland, CA
    My Bikes
    Litespeed Liege, Motorola Team Issue Eddy Mercxk, Surly Crosscheck Cyclocross bike, Fisher Supercaliber Mtn. Bike
    Posts
    5,002
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am always looking for bikes locally on ebay. You should drop the seller an email and ask if you can pick, usually this is no problem. If you say you will pay in person with cash if you are the winner it helps to make it an easier transaction. I have bought 2 bikes and gotten great deals going this route..

  10. #10
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    345
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by socalrider View Post
    I am always looking for bikes locally on ebay. You should drop the seller an email and ask if you can pick, usually this is no problem. If you say you will pay in person with cash if you are the winner it helps to make it an easier transaction. I have bought 2 bikes and gotten great deals going this route..
    Well, I won it. My schedule won't allow a trip down to Ladera Ranch in the near future, but he appears to be a retailer so I'm sure the bike will be packed and shipped properly. Now to get my hands on it and start training my TT position...

    Thanks again, socalrider.

    Jim

  11. #11
    How much does it weigh? prendrefeu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Weight Weenie on a budget.
    My Bikes
    Lotus Fixed, Bianchi Virata 2004
    Posts
    3,427
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Seamus View Post
    Well, I won it. My schedule won't allow a trip down to Ladera Ranch in the near future, but he appears to be a retailer so I'm sure the bike will be packed and shipped properly. Now to get my hands on it and start training my TT position...

    Thanks again, socalrider.

    Jim
    The Road Racing forum will be an excellent place for people to evaluate your position
    Weight weenies keep it light.

    Director of the Midnight Express Ride; Board of Directors, Los Angeles County Bicycle Coalition.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •