The volunteer firefighters from Palomar Mountain are holding a fundraiser, and while this thread should be in the charity section, it really needed to be posted here because of the local nature of the efforts.
They are holding a raffle and picnic on August 30 at the top of that wee little climb.
Feel free to contact me to get the e-mail addresses for the picnic or raffle tickets contact, or you can contact me to purchase raffle tickets as one of the volunteers works with me in Carlsbad.
Palomar Mountain Volunteer Fire Department 100% Volunteers -100% Heroes
Date: August 30th, 2008 Time: 11 am to 5 pm
At the PMVFD Fire Station / Hwy S7 at Crestline Road (760-742-3701)
BBQ Contact person: Tricia Lucia
Guest Emcee is Radio Personality - MARK LARSON
Raffle Tickets $2 each or Book of 10 for $20
- Chance to win 2 round-trip tickets on South West Air for travel in the United States.
- Silent and Chinese Auctions - Donations include Palomar Mountain memorabilia, hand carved bears, autographed items from the San Diego Chargers and Padres, restaurant gift certificates, Casino & Hotel Packages, San Diego Zoo passes, commercial propane patio heater, merchandise from Harley Davidson,Wal Mart gift cards, No Fear gear, Sock Guy clothing and a "Country Cottage" king size bed frame in white from Jerome’s. More items are added daily.
- $5.00 Lunches $2.00 Pie and Ice Cream Beer and Wine Garden
- Dunk Tank 1st Annual "Best of the Best" Firefighter Competition
- Kiddy Coral CERT Demonstration of BARRICADE Gel
- PMVFD Merchandise for Sale Antique Fire Engines