My bike was stolen last night - Tuesday, January 26th - in Southpark, near the intersection of 28th and A street.
- It's a 60cm charcoal silver cyclocross bike, with mostly black components, silver cranks, and white tires. (See picture.)
- The bike has no logos on the sides, but it does say 'Gunnar Cycles' on the head tube badge. It also has a small cartoon of a dog on the seat tube. (See picture.)
- Other components: Ultegra compact cranks and hubs, Shimano 105 STI shifters, Chris King headset, Paul cantilever brakes, Thomson stem and seatpost, XT rear derraileur, Salsa Bell Lap handlebars, white Vittoria Evo Open Corsa CX tires.
Really notable stuff:
- The wheels, stem and seatpost are connected with Pitlock anti-theft skewers. Instead of a quick release or hex bolts, they look like small smooth cones on one side, and a round collar on the other. They require a special wrench to remove. So, they'll have to literally tear the bolts off to remove those parts or even change the tires.
- It has black reflective tape on the rims, seatpost, and handlebars. You can't really see the tape in the daylight, but in direct light it reflects back brightly.
I appreciate any information or help you can offer that will return this bike.
I've filed a police report, emailed every bike shop in San Diego with a web presence, and I'm calling the rest now.
Thanks in advance.