Ok folks it’s that time of year again to start thinking about your goals for 2009. What better goal than to do a century a month to keep your fitness level up and to be ready for any organized ride you wish to do without worrying if you’re “in shape” for it. Riding a century a month is a great way to train for doing Bevets, Double Centuries or Multi day tours.
A century is defined by the UMCA as being from 90-149 miles and completing it within an 11 hour time limit including time off the bike and maintaining an average of 8.33mph.
• Any Organized/sponsored ride that is billed as a century
• Any informal group or solo ride that totals between 90-149 miles
• Any Indoor Century: You may ride indoors "centuries" (six hours) for credit.
• Tandem Century: Centuries may be done on a tandem bicycle. A tandem rider accumulates tandem mileage independent of partner.
• Double centuries count, but only as a single century.
• This is self reported. The honor system is all we have so if you lie about your data may you be cursed with thorns on every trail you ride.
PLEASE, DO NOT REPLY TO POSTS OR POST ANYTHING OTHER THAN YOUR DATA.
Please post the data for your century/month as follows:
Date of Ride:
Type of Ride: (group ride or solo ride)
Name of organized ride or route:
Altitude Climbed: (if available, either by route map, or cycling computer)
Synopsis of Ride: (please be respectful as you never know who might read this)
Remember, even if you don't make all twelve, please still post your data for as many months as you can - all centuries are an accomplishment! So, although this is a challenge, it is in the spirit of camaraderie!
Below is the official list for 2009. If those of you who are planning to go stealth this year, or are on the fence want to join the fun please let me know. If you do not see your name or century months updated, please PM me, and I will update your info. Thank you!
RIDERS WHO ARE TAKING THE CHALLENGE:
- GP 4/12
- jsigone 1/12
- merckx89 2/12
- Rick@OCRR 3/12
- robertkat 11/12
- scvroadie 1/12
- Shnuddy 7/12
- Shprung 11/12
- viros20 1/12
- WhiteCarbonDude 10/12
REMEMBER: YOU HAVE TO FILE A RIDE REPORT WITHIN 14 DAYS OF THE RIDE (except for Jan.) IN THIS THREAD TO GET CREDIT
Alright, maybe I was a little hard on you, since the UMCA allows up to 2 make up rides you can start as late as March