Advertise on Bikeforums.net



User Tag List

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 88
  1. #1
    cervelo4me
    Guest

    must bike shorts be so ugly?

    nothing more disturbing than a man in bike shorts wouldn't you say?but yes they save your seat. someone has to invent a whole new look for bike apparel because its just currently disturbing

  2. #2
    Lurking
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Saugus, CA
    My Bikes
    2011 Bianchi Imola
    Posts
    82
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have resigned myself to the fact to keep my backside from soreness I have to wear them. If there is a better design, please make sure there are no white, other light colored ones out there, some things should not be displayed in public.

  3. #3
    LET'S ROLL 1nterceptor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    WEST NEW YORK, USA
    My Bikes
    2013 Scott CR1 Pro carbon, 2013 Brompton S6L-X titanium, 2013 Citizen Tokyo steel
    Posts
    2,957
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Baggy/mountain bike shorts seem less offensive to some

  4. #4
    cervelo4me
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Dale_S View Post
    I have resigned myself to the fact to keep my backside from soreness I have to wear them. If there is a better design, please make sure there are no white, other light colored ones out there, some things should not be displayed in public.
    so true i mean speaking for my generation there is nothing more disturbing than a man post 40 wearing these tight padded shorts but we really have no other options.my wife laughs non stop at me in them and im not a slob

  5. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Orange County, CA
    Posts
    1,715
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

  6. #6
    cervelo4me
    Guest
    i use those too but on my mtb only

  7. #7
    Senior Member GP's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    7,038
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cervelo4me View Post
    my wife laughs non stop at me in them and im not a slob
    Your wife told me that I look good in bike shorts.

  8. #8
    In beaurocratic limbo urbanknight's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    My Bikes
    Specialized Allez, K2 Razorback
    Posts
    22,459
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    "Well, I guess you can cut the arts as much as you want... Sooner or later, these kids aren't going to have anything to read or write about." (Richard Dreyfus as Glenn Holland)

  9. #9
    Member ChucksNutz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Redlands, CA
    My Bikes
    2010 Trek 1.5
    Posts
    31
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ^

  10. #10
    Administrator CbadRider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    On the bridge with Picard
    My Bikes
    Specialized Allez, Specialized Sirrus
    Posts
    5,517
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GP View Post
    Your wife told me that I look good in bike shorts.
    You have a nicer butt than calamarichris.
    Quote Originally Posted by RPK79 View Post
    Does the ignore feature just replace all of the poster's text with "Said something stupid" because that would be awesome.
    Forum Guidelines *click here*

  11. #11
    Senior Member rumrunn6's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    25 miles northwest of Boston
    My Bikes
    Bottecchia Sprint
    Posts
    11,592
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have my moments but I'm usually modest. I will carry shorts to whip on for store runs, etc. I'm not adverse to wearing various types of shorts while riding as well. I'll get down to just bike shorts if I'm gonna stay on the bike in hot weather.
    cycling is like baseball ~ it doesn't take much to make it interesting

  12. #12
    #5639 robertkat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    Posts
    1,207
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cervelo4me View Post
    nothing more disturbing than a man in bike shorts wouldn't you say?but yes they save your seat. someone has to invent a whole new look for bike apparel because its just currently disturbing
    OP, you suck at bikes.

    By they way, I actually look pretty awesome in kit. Been told so plenty of times. Besides, I've yet to come across any garment more comfortable to have on my lower half for a 20 hour ride.

  13. #13
    cervelo4me
    Guest
    lol okay you look great we all do lol do you ever think motorists hit us because of what we are wearing?but you look good

  14. #14
    cervelo4me
    Guest
    lmao rofl i swear thats how we look to people that dont ride

  15. #15
    cervelo4me
    Guest
    no chance she thinks they are the funniest thing ever.she wants me to wear one of those bibs and go to west Hollywood so she can you tube me

  16. #16
    Senior Member GP's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    7,038
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CbadRider View Post
    You have a nicer butt than calamarichris.
    Thanks! I'll take your word for it; I've never checked out Chris' butt. Really.

  17. #17
    Bicycle Repair Man !!! Sixty Fiver's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    YEG
    My Bikes
    See my sig...
    Posts
    25,157
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I'd prefer not to terrify little old ladies when I go riding... liner shorts go under my mtb shorts unless it is viciously hot and I am going for a long ride in the country... then I have bibs.

  18. #18
    Lurking
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Saugus, CA
    My Bikes
    2011 Bianchi Imola
    Posts
    82
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cervelo4me View Post
    so true i mean speaking for my generation there is nothing more disturbing than a man post 40 wearing these tight padded shorts but we really have no other options.my wife laughs non stop at me in them and im not a slob
    I am post 40, and my wife laughs also. When I give her the eye, she them tells me to go have fun on my ride. Any driver who hits any cyclists wearing these should have their licenses revoked for life. How could they miss them?

  19. #19
    jmX
    jmX is online now
    Senior Member jmX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Orange, CA
    My Bikes
    Roubaix / Shiv
    Posts
    2,114
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've come to the realization that if you're in good shape, the shorts don't look that silly at all, assuming you are doing a bike activity. If you're wandering around Ralphs wearing them, then yes, it's ridiculous.

    I've actually started doing my running in my bike shorts when doing a 'brick' (biking, then immediately running) and I'm not at all self conscious about it anymore.

  20. #20
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Downey, Ca
    Posts
    884
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I felt odd wearing bike shorts when i first started road cycling. After about 3 or 4 months i was at a coffee shop getting a muffin and coffee on a Saturday at my turn around point at the beach. Standing in line i felt a hand on my butt, i turned around and there were two ladys behind me, both grinning and telling me how good i looked in the bike shorts. They had just completed a tri training course, one again said i looked great and patted me again. Like i am 65 and they, i would guess, were in their mid forties. I said thanks for the kind words and my rear end was for my wife only. We chatted some more and they left still smiling. I had on new shorts so there were no holes anywhere. Since then i have felt OK in cycling shorts. YRMV.

  21. #21
    Lurking
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Saugus, CA
    My Bikes
    2011 Bianchi Imola
    Posts
    82
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jmX View Post
    I've come to the realization that if you're in good shape, the shorts don't look that silly at all, assuming you are doing a bike activity. If you're wandering around Ralphs wearing them, then yes, it's ridiculous.

    I've actually started doing my running in my bike shorts when doing a 'brick' (biking, then immediately running) and I'm not at all self conscious about it anymore.
    I guess I look silly, have about 40-60 pounds to go. I tried the MTB Shorts, but the legs were like sandpaper, so I went back to the road shorts. I know one day I won't look silly, but I am having fun getting there.

  22. #22
    Riding twobadfish's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Bend, Oregon
    My Bikes
    Motobecane Fantom Cross Pro; Motobecane Nemesis Pro
    Posts
    1,603
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I look pretty sexy in bike shorts. End of story.

  23. #23
    cervelo4me
    Guest
    thought you guys were gonna tear me apart for this post glad to know im not alone on this

  24. #24
    In beaurocratic limbo urbanknight's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Los Angeles, CA
    My Bikes
    Specialized Allez, K2 Razorback
    Posts
    22,459
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cervelo4me View Post
    lol okay you look great we all do lol do you ever think motorists hit us because of what we are wearing?but you look good
    My wife tells me that every time she passes a cyclist on the road she wants to yell "GET SOME UNDERWEAR!" out the window at them.
    "Well, I guess you can cut the arts as much as you want... Sooner or later, these kids aren't going to have anything to read or write about." (Richard Dreyfus as Glenn Holland)

  25. #25
    Administrator CbadRider's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    On the bridge with Picard
    My Bikes
    Specialized Allez, Specialized Sirrus
    Posts
    5,517
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by urbanknight View Post
    My wife tells me that every time she passes a cyclist on the road she wants to yell "GET SOME UNDERWEAR!" out the window at them.
    Your wife needs to learn that underwear under bike shorts is a major cycling faux pas.

    I see so many people wearing sagging pants or way-too-low-rise jeans that cycling shorts seem pretty tame in comparison. At least everything is covered up.
    Quote Originally Posted by RPK79 View Post
    Does the ignore feature just replace all of the poster's text with "Said something stupid" because that would be awesome.
    Forum Guidelines *click here*

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •