Cycling and bicycle discussion forums. 
   Click here to join our community Log in to access your Control Panel  


Go Back   > > >

Southern California Southern California

User Tag List

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 07-27-12, 04:51 PM   #1
Jed19 
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
Jed19's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Bikes:
Posts: 4,228
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
2012 Olympic Road Race.

Does anyone know where (either on TV or the web) I can watch the Olympic road race tomorrow morning? It is supposed to be around 1:00am our time. I'll like to watch it live if possible.

Thanks.
__________________
Regards,

Jed
Jed19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-12, 05:07 PM   #2
jmX
Senior Member
 
jmX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Orange, CA
Bikes: Roubaix / Shiv
Posts: 2,193
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I went to nbc.com last night and clicked on their live streaming stuff. In order to watch the live streams, it had me sign in to my time warner cable account to verify I pay for NBC sports and what not, and now I can live stream all the events as they happen.

If you don't have a cable sub, then I'm not sure what your options are.
jmX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-12, 05:22 PM   #3
Jed19 
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
Jed19's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Bikes:
Posts: 4,228
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmX View Post
I went to nbc.com last night and clicked on their live streaming stuff. In order to watch the live streams, it had me sign in to my time warner cable account to verify I pay for NBC sports and what not, and now I can live stream all the events as they happen.

If you don't have a cable sub, then I'm not sure what your options are.
Thanks. I've already signed in on the same page thru Cox Cable for the live stream. I was just wondering if someone knew where it could be on TV, so as to be able to watch it on a huge screen.
__________________
Regards,

Jed
Jed19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-12, 05:42 PM   #4
agoodale
Senior Member
 
agoodale's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Murrieta, CA
Bikes:
Posts: 1,035
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jed19 View Post
Thanks. I've already signed in on the same page thru Cox Cable for the live stream. I was just wondering if someone knew where it could be on TV, so as to be able to watch it on a huge screen.
http://www.nbcolympics.com/tv-listings/index.html
You can browse the TV schedule for your provider by date or sport to see when the events will air and what channel. For Verizon Fios it will air from 5-11am on NBC channel 4 (504 HD).
agoodale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-12, 07:12 PM   #5
Jed19 
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
Jed19's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Bikes:
Posts: 4,228
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by agoodale View Post
http://www.nbcolympics.com/tv-listings/index.html
You can browse the TV schedule for your provider by date or sport to see when the events will air and what channel. For Verizon Fios it will air from 5-11am on NBC channel 4 (504 HD).
Thanks. It looks like 5-11am here too on Cox Digital Cable.
__________________
Regards,

Jed
Jed19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-12, 03:23 PM   #6
rubic
Slogging along
 
rubic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: San Fernando Valley, SoCal
Bikes: Cannondale Synapse '06, Mongoose titanium road bike '00--my commuter. Yes, Mongoose once made a decent ti road bike.
Posts: 1,148
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Vino!!! I kind of like it when the "old" guys win. Although Taylor Phinney taking 4th at such a young age was excellent!
rubic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-12, 06:47 PM   #7
Jed19 
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
Jed19's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Bikes:
Posts: 4,228
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by rubic View Post
Vino!!! I kind of like it when the "old" guys win. Although Taylor Phinney taking 4th at such a young age was excellent!
Yeah, Vino showed that old dogs can still learn new tricks. Everybody and their mother thought it was gonna come down to the sprinters, but Vino and Rigoberto Uran showed that if you dropped the sprinters, then there'll be no sprint (amongst the usual suspects) at the finish for the win.

Also, Vino showed the 25year old Uran that experience (and maybe a little treachery) trumps youth most of the time. I watched the race, and I thought Uran could have won it if he had not let Vino hide behind his wheel or if he knew when to jump.
__________________
Regards,

Jed
Jed19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-12, 07:48 PM   #8
jmX
Senior Member
 
jmX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Orange, CA
Bikes: Roubaix / Shiv
Posts: 2,193
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I thought the event was pretty dull, and the tactics seemed ridiculous. Did they think this was a multi-day event or something? People in the break away really are going to literally "go for the gold".

Also, that poor guy that got second. Did somebody flash him in stands at the 200m mark or what? He must have seen something he wanted to stop paying attention to the race right at the end.

I'm not quite sure what I expected to see, but it wasn't an 8-9 minute time gap and the brits letting all those people bridging the gap go on ahead.

Last edited by jmX; 07-28-12 at 09:36 PM.
jmX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-12, 08:31 PM   #9
Jed19 
Senior Member
Thread Starter
 
Jed19's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Bikes:
Posts: 4,228
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmX View Post
I thought the event was pretty dull, and the tactics seemed ridiculous. Did they think this was a multi-day event or something? People in the break away really are going to literally "go for the gold".

Also, that poor guy that got second. Did somebody flash him in stands at the 200m mark or what? He must have seen something he wanted to stop paying attention the race right at the end.

I'm not quite sure what I expected to see, but it wasn't an 8-9 minute time gap and the brits letting all those people bridging the gap go on ahead.
You are right. It was a race that was "wanting for good tactical riding". Everybody was afraid to attack the British team, letting them set the pace. And it did look that the racers forgot it was not a stage race.

As for Rigoberto Uran (the silver medalist), his relative inexperience caught up with, and did him in. He was watching to see how far behind the peloton was, when he should have kept his eyes on Vino. More so, if you consider Vino's reputation for being canny and aggressive.
__________________
Regards,

Jed
Jed19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-12, 04:00 AM   #10
ooga-booga
lead on macduff!
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: normal heights-san diego, ca
Bikes: come and get 'em
Posts: 2,514
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
in retrospect, learning that there were no race radios, vino should have been the obvious choice anyway.
has there been a more aggressively crazy/smart as a fox rider in the last 15 years? good for him. animate, don't ruminate.
ooga-booga is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -6. The time now is 03:15 AM.