Bike Forums

Bike Forums (http://www.bikeforums.net/forum.php)
-   Southern California (http://www.bikeforums.net/southern-california/)
-   -   Thanks LA County Fire Truck 19-2 (http://www.bikeforums.net/southern-california/927501-thanks-la-county-fire-truck-19-2-a.html)

Racer Ex 12-26-13 03:21 PM

Thanks LA County Fire Truck 19-2
 
For not giving me a spare inch and nearly blowing me off the road on San Gabrial Canyon Road today.

Funny, the other four trucks could obey the 3 foot passing rule but not you.

peckma 12-26-13 07:00 PM

Ditto the LA Sheriff SUV on PV Drive East down the switchbacks.

Elvo 12-26-13 07:46 PM

Ditto to OCTA bus making an "emergency bus stop" forcing me on the sidewalk

Steve B. 12-26-13 08:31 PM

Just curious, did they have their flashing lights on and sirens wailing ?.

If so, it's typically the law that all other vehicles on the road (bikes included) are supposed to pull over and yield the road.

If not, then you have a valid complaint.

TrojanHorse 12-26-13 08:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steve B. (Post 16360613)
Just curious, did they have their flashing lights on and sirens wailing ?.

If so, it's typically the law that all other vehicles on the road (bikes included) are supposed to pull over and yield the road.

If not, then you have a valid complaint.

Sirens don't give them the right to run people over, regardless of the urgency.

spdntrxi 12-26-13 09:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TrojanHorse (Post 16360661)
Sirens don't give them the right to run people over, regardless of the urgency.

maybe… but if they are on.. you need to get off the road, pull over to the side and stop.. proper thing to do.

TrojanHorse 12-26-13 09:08 PM

I'm going to go out on a limb here and just assume that none of the top three posters would be complaining if the sirens and lights were blaring.

Racer Ex 12-27-13 10:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TrojanHorse (Post 16360701)
I'm going to go out on a limb here and just assume that none of the top three posters would be complaining if the sirens and lights were blaring.

That's pretty much betting that water is wet.

No lights, no siren, not rushing to the scene of anything other than, perhaps, an early lunch.

Sent a letter to LA County Board and cc'd the Fire Captain by Email. If it had been a less experience or skilled rider they could have easily been blown off the shoulder. Total BS.


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 06:01 AM.