Bike Forums

Bike Forums (http://www.bikeforums.net/forum.php)
-   Southern California (http://www.bikeforums.net/southern-california/)
-   -   Back To the Mothership (http://www.bikeforums.net/southern-california/944860-back-mothership.html)

nesdog 04-25-14 07:52 AM

Back To the Mothership
 
Well, socalbikeforums.com has been down for a day with some kind of error message from the hosting company. I would have expected the site admin to jump on this right away. Since he didn't, that may be the end of the line for that site. Won't post any RIP's until we go a few more days like that.

rubic 04-26-14 02:44 PM

Socalbikeforums.com has fizzled out in the last couple of years. There doesn't seem to be enough members posting to keep the site up and going. I will most likely become a RIP.

nesdog 04-26-14 03:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rubic (Post 16704262)
Socalbikeforums.com has fizzled out in the last couple of years. There doesn't seem to be enough members posting to keep the site up and going. I will most likely become a RIP.

You are probably right. There were only about 4 of us posting regularly. The original group jumped to that forum when BF was having all kinds of issues years ago. Maybe some of the others will see this post and return back to BF.

Still down today.

Lesper4 04-26-14 05:18 PM

I started out there but quickly came over here.

herbm 04-29-14 04:34 PM

Hey..I've been lurking....

nesdog 04-29-14 07:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by herbm (Post 16713583)
Hey..I've been lurking....

Hey Herb, how are you doing?

Are you coming over for Cruising the Conejo in a few weeks?

Some of the posters on the other forum are from out of the area. I guess we'll lose touch with them now. I have no contact info for anyone.

f4rrest 04-29-14 09:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by herbm (Post 16713583)
Hey..I've been lurking....

Hi. Also from Burbank...

herbm 04-30-14 08:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nesdog (Post 16714087)
Hey Herb, how are you doing?

Are you coming over for Cruising the Conejo in a few weeks?

Some of the posters on the other forum are from out of the area. I guess we'll lose touch with them now. I have no contact info for anyone.

Hey Nes...
doing well...very busy at work...
I am not sure...probably not doing Crusin...

It may go back up??? or not...I will try to find out...

herbm 04-30-14 08:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by f4rrest (Post 16714379)
Hi. Also from Burbank...

Hey there fellow Burbanker....

If you see SoCal Riders kits..thats us!!

f4rrest 04-30-14 07:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by herbm (Post 16715337)
Hey there fellow Burbanker....

If you see SoCal Riders kits..thats us!!

Cool. Will keep an eye peeled. I sometimes have the Line 6 jersey on.

herbm 05-01-14 09:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by f4rrest (Post 16717126)
Cool. Will keep an eye peeled. I sometimes have the Line 6 jersey on.

We usually do Sunday Coffee rides to Montrose if you are interested...
Sat is usually something longer and harder...AC,, hwy 39 ,,big t etc..

herbm 05-01-14 09:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nesdog (Post 16704376)
You are probably right. There were only about 4 of us posting regularly. The original group jumped to that forum when BF was having all kinds of issues years ago. Maybe some of the others will see this post and return back to BF.

Still down today.

And its back!

f4rrest 05-01-14 08:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by herbm (Post 16718320)
We usually do Sunday Coffee rides to Montrose if you are interested...
Sat is usually something longer and harder...AC,, hwy 39 ,,big t etc..

Mind if I join you guys on AC, 39, big T, GMR? I'm sure I'll keep up.

herbm 05-02-14 12:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by f4rrest (Post 16720330)
Mind if I join you guys on AC, 39, big T, GMR? I'm sure I'll keep up.

There is a hwy 39 ride tommorrow.....
They are meeting at Encanto by the bathrooms a bit before 8 - I believe this is a Vertical Bob ride...

f4rrest 05-02-14 10:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by herbm (Post 16722334)
There is a hwy 39 ride tommorrow.....
They are meeting at Encanto by the bathrooms a bit before 8 - I believe this is a Vertical Bob ride...

Sounds like fun, but the family schedule prevents me from riding until 11 this Sat, so I hope to join you all next time you're climbing again.

herbm 05-05-14 05:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by f4rrest (Post 16720330)
Mind if I join you guys on AC, 39, big T, GMR? I'm sure I'll keep up.

I am sure you will keep up....I am always OTB

nesdog 05-25-14 07:44 PM

sigh....offline again. If it's like last time, access won't show up again until June 1.

nesdog 04-02-15 08:54 AM

Since this thread last year, SCBF has been up and down. I think it's gone for good now. Sometimes the site would be offline near the end of a month, returning on the 1st. Not this time. All I see is an empty page.

It was fun while it lasted.

PhotoJoe 04-02-15 08:58 AM

Looks like the domain expired.

nesdog 04-02-15 09:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PhotoJoe (Post 17683895)
Looks like the domain expired.

Yes, whois search shows it died about the 20th. Given how little traffic there was, it's not really worth renewing.


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 05:02 AM.