Join Date: May 2008
Location: Burbank, CA
Bikes: Allez, SuperSix Evo
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 262 Post(s)
What's the best route for Burbank to Santa Barbara?
First, what's the best way to ride to Ventura from Burbank? I'm considering:
1. Up into Santa Clarita via The Old Road, then out the 126 (it looks sketchy where San Fernando Rd turns into The Old Road under the 5/14 freeway interchange).
2. Over the Santa Susana Pass into Simi Valley, then out the 118 (I've ridden Santa Susana Pass, and it's fine. I've driven the 118, looks "ok" but high speed and narrow).
3. Over the Santa Susana Pass into Simi Valley, then out Santa Rosa road to Camarillo, Ventura.
Ok, once in Ventura, what's the best way up to Santa Barbara? I'm considering:
1. up the coast, PCH (how's the section near Rincon Beach Park on the 101?)
2. through Ojai / Lake Casitas