Advertise on Bikeforums.net



User Tag List

Results 1 to 5 of 5
  1. #1
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    Sonoran Desert-U.S.A.
    My Bikes
    Old rusty bucket of bolts
    Posts
    670
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Looking for suggestions for a good Road orientated shop in Maricopa County, AZ

    Maybe I am missing something but I sure have not found a great bike shop with a great wheel builder in the Valley of the Sun. There was one in the Arrowhead Ranch Section of Glendale but he closed yeafrsago.

    Was checking out two that people pointed me to this weekend, and when I asked to speak with their wheel building expert. I get the impression they do not build on site, but order from the same places I can order from.

    Ideas.

  2. #2
    Senior Member SpeshulEd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Phoenix, AZ
    Posts
    5,050
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've never had any wheels built locally, but @BoSoxYacht might be able to help.
    Hey guys, lets go play bikes!

    Strava

  3. #3
    don't misunderestimate me BoSoxYacht's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    take your time, enjoy the scenery, it will be there when you get to it
    My Bikes
    07 IRO BFGB fixed-gear, 07 Pedal Force RS
    Posts
    6,340
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheManShow View Post
    Maybe I am missing something but I sure have not found a great bike shop with a great wheel builder in the Valley of the Sun. There was one in the Arrowhead Ranch Section of Glendale but he closed yeafrsago.

    Was checking out two that people pointed me to this weekend, and when I asked to speak with their wheel building expert. I get the impression they do not build on site, but order from the same places I can order from.

    Ideas.
    have you tried Swiss-American, or Southwest Bikes? I'd be surprised if they couldn't take care of you.

  4. #4
    don't misunderestimate me BoSoxYacht's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    take your time, enjoy the scenery, it will be there when you get to it
    My Bikes
    07 IRO BFGB fixed-gear, 07 Pedal Force RS
    Posts
    6,340
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SpeshulEd View Post
    I've never had any wheels built locally, but @BoSoxYacht might be able to help.
    Did you ever hear from the people building your wheels?

  5. #5
    Senior Member SpeshulEd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Phoenix, AZ
    Posts
    5,050
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BoSoxYacht View Post
    Did you ever hear from the people building your wheels?
    Yep, they came last Friday and put them on Friday night. Everything worked out great!
    Hey guys, lets go play bikes!

    Strava

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •