Finally...after all the hemming and hawing (sp?)...we bought/won a 2003 Burley Tosa road tandem on ebay! Should be here next week...and of course, starting tonight we are expecting snow...the next few days about 10-12" of the white stuff...! So, we'll have to wait about 5 months till the snow disappears.
But, for now, we have a nice used road tandem. Since we got it at a good price, we are going to consider a mountain tandem later next fall!
We want to thank everyone for all their input, help, suggestions, and experiences!
You YOOPERS will likely go riding anyway, snow or no snow!
Remember when we got our first tandem back in January '75 in Michigan; twenty degrees out . . . yup, went for a quick (and short) spin!
Used to ride if the roads were dry and the temp at least 20 degrees; dress for it and a dozen miles will get rid of that cabin fever feeling!
Congrats on the Tosa!
Pedal on TWOgether!
Rudy and Kay/zonatandem