Advertise on Bikeforums.net



User Tag List

Results 1 to 11 of 11
  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    11
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    cannondale road tandem 2008

    The new fork is arrived and it is perfect for caliper disk.
    For europe the bike arrives with 105 Sti 10 speed , 105 front changer , xt rear changer and cassette shimano 12/27 with chainrings Elita 52/39/30 ( i have changed the 30 with a 26 ).
    The first test on road was not good: problems with the precision in the rear shift.It was good to go from 12 to 27 and not so good the return. Or good from 27 to 12 and very bad from 12 to 27.
    The man at the bike shop changed the stock cable with a stainlees steel cable and the stock cable housing with an original Shimano gear cable housing . Now all is perfect. At the end : poor quality of a little particular can compromise the functioning of a perfect machine !
    Is it possible that at the Cannondale they dont know this simple and deductive reasoning ?

  2. #2
    Senior Member Old Hammer Boy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Utah
    My Bikes
    Trek, Cannondale Tandem, Surly LHT
    Posts
    1,082
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by volpi View Post
    At the end : poor quality of a little particular can compromise the functioning of a perfect machine !
    First, congratulations Volpi. I Hope you have many, many years of great service from your new C'Dale. Second, your comment about the cables is a perfect observation. I also put new (teflon coated) cables on our Cannondale and it has nearly solved all of our shifting problems. The last of the problems are pretty much pilot error.

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    19
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    How do yo ulike your new ride

    I am glad you got your new ride running as it should.

    I am about to order the new C'dale road 2. Justr curious how do you like yours so far. ( other than than the initial fork issue)

  4. #4
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    11
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mario V View Post
    I am glad you got your new ride running as it should.

    I am about to order the new C'dale road 2. Justr curious how do you like yours so far. ( other than than the initial fork issue)
    I have had an old cannondale road tandem ( 1990 ) and i have used it with great satisfaction. Not race , only audax,long distance and touring.It was very stable , sure , reliable and enough confortable. I have done a lot of km. and the only problems were two times in the looooong descents in the Alps ( too much warm in the front wheel with canti brakes ).
    The new 08 road tandem has only 250 km , but the first impression on road( saturday a very hilly ride of 170 km) is good. It seems more nervous and stiff than the old ; perhaps it is an impression or the different wheels , but it is really a pleasure to go " en danseuse " when we go up the hills.
    Also the Avid mec.disk brakes are good ; but we do not test them in the highest mountains ( now there is the snow). I am sure that it''will be necessary however to pay attention in the long descents also with the Avid disk brakes instead of the old canti brakes.
    Francesco

  5. #5
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    19
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well Francesco, i just bought the new 08 Cannondale (today) and fortunately for me there is no snow in San Antonio, Texas. The mountains here are small hills, so you have it a little harder than me. I am happy to know that you like your tandem and it makes me confident in my purchase. Thank you for your reply.

    Mario V.

  6. #6
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Germany, Düsseldorf
    My Bikes
    an old italian "SIMONELLI" Single Road-bike with Campag-Control's
    Posts
    20
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Dear C’dale owners,
    can anybody give me a short information about the length of the standard seat post (carbon) of Cannondale’s Road Tandem 2 (the model with disc brakes)?
    It’s quite difficult to expect how this bike in JL size would match with our height without detailed description or a chance to test-ride it…
    Thanks…!

  7. #7
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    11
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MaxCady View Post
    Dear C’dale owners,
    can anybody give me a short information about the length of the standard seat post (carbon) of Cannondale’s Road Tandem 2 (the model with disc brakes)?
    It’s quite difficult to expect how this bike in JL size would match with our height without detailed description or a chance to test-ride it…
    Thanks…!
    For the Europe the 08 model has Post modern rear and Cannondale comp front ( not carbon ).Mine is arrived in this configuration.

  8. #8
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Germany, Düsseldorf
    My Bikes
    an old italian "SIMONELLI" Single Road-bike with Campag-Control's
    Posts
    20
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for your fast input.
    My Cannondale dealer will answer to some questions until the end of this week, for example how could this road tandem (in size J/L) including its seat post (captain) match with my length of stride (99cm). There is definitely no C’dale tandem in my near for testing or collecting some impressions.
    I’m also interested in the length of handle bar stem for captain, length of cranks (captain and stoker), width of both handle bars (44 or 45?)…are there dependencies on the tandem’s size?
    The description on their websites is very poor and the dealer did never ever sold a tandem…

  9. #9
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    19
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I won't be receiving my new C'dale until December 15th so I am not able to answer your question. Our bike dealer rented us a Burley (medium) which is very similar in size to the C'dale L/S and the one we ordered. The dealer was able to compare measurements and fitted my wife and I prior to the rental and it was a great experience. Both of the bike shop owners own tandems, so their experience was a lot of help. They were able to select the best size for us and make any needed changes (such as stem size, seat post, etc.) when we pick it up. I already know that the stem will have to be changed, as the stock is a little short for me.

    If your dealer was able to get you the correct frame size for you (which seems to be the largest they make), your dealer should be able to fit you properly with the measurements shown on the C'dale website geometry and specification information (may be some minor changes will be needed, but you probably won't know that until you get your bike).

    Hopefully this helps. Good Luck!!

  10. #10
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    11
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MaxCady View Post
    Thanks for your fast input.
    My Cannondale dealer will answer to some questions until the end of this week, for example how could this road tandem (in size J/L) including its seat post (captain) match with my length of stride (99cm). There is definitely no C’dale tandem in my near for testing or collecting some impressions.
    I’m also interested in the length of handle bar stem for captain, length of cranks (captain and stoker), width of both handle bars (44 or 45?)…are there dependencies on the tandem’s size?
    The description on their websites is very poor and the dealer did never ever sold a tandem…
    mine is in the size X/M ( i am 6 my wife is 5,7" ).The length of front stem is 12 cm ( I have changed with 10 cm ), captain cranks 175 and 170 for stoker , front and rear handle bars are 44 cm , and i repeat , this is for size X/M

  11. #11
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    19
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey Volpi, let's see a picture of your brand new 08 C'dale. i ordered mine and should be here December 15th.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •