stolen bike dallas area of texas
Tom of RBM recently had his Santana tandem stolen out of his garage. Below is a description of the tandem. If, by chance, someone comes across this tandem, please contact Tom at firstname.lastname@example.org[/email].
SANTANA TANDEM BICYCLE
This is a high-end 1989 Santana tandem mid-sized bicycle. Serial number RC495 built by Santana Bicycles of California.
In its original configuration this was an "Arriva" model tandem. However, all components have been upgraded to raise the model level to the top-end "Sovereign" model. The bicycle was repainted in the last 3 years, components were again upgraded, and it is in extremely good condition.
This tandem is black with a pearlized blue coating. This is a custom color not available from the manufacturer. The bicycle appears black except in bright light or sunlight when it is a bright, pearlized blue color. It is equipped with a white back rack, two white seat bags, white handlebar tapes and white seat covers.
The decals on this tandem bicycle are the gold "Santana" on the downtube and the Santana stylized "S" in gold on the headtube (front) and seat tubes.
· Frame: mid-sized Santana Sovereign fillet-brazed steel frame
· Components: full Shimano Tandem triple chainring w/ Campy-style shift/brake levers
· Wheels: Tandem grade Mavic wheels. 'Specialized' front hub; 'Huge' rear hub
· Tires: 700cm x 28cm IRC Enduro Road tires (new)
· Rack: White Trek "Mountain" rear rack
· Handlebars: silver with white tape
· Seats: black with white "Avocet" seat covers
· Pedals: Shimano PD-M959 type front and rear
· Computer: Cateye "Vectra" on front handlebar with front wheel sensor
· Bottle cages: 4 white Cateye cages
· Seat Bags: White large bag on rear seat. White small seat bag on front seat post with spare tube and additional tool kit.
· Mirrors: Front handlebar * metal frame mirror on left shift lever with velcro wrap Rear handlebar * bar end mirror on left end of handlebar
· Lights: Two "Cateye" tail lights are mounted on the left & right seat stays
Last edited by brad; 10-28-03 at 07:20 AM.