bianchi boron xl, kona explosif, kona unit, khs comp tandem
help w/ tandem shopping
ok, this all started because i saw a used roland tandem at local bike shop. i ended up riding it, but the wheels were not great ( flexy), and the bike was pretty heavy. anyway, i have a trek fuel 90 that i bought at a steal of a price, but i don't ride much ( i have a hardtail and a singlespeed). my local shop will trade me a khs comp even for it. i was wondering about the milano. could i get some opinions on mtb tandems/road tandems. i'm also considering not trading my fuel and just buying. i rode the khs sport and a new 2001 burley zydeco last night. the khs was very stable and the burley was flexy ( did i mention that i'm 225lbs?). so, my questions are as follows:
1. road or mountain type?
2. is the comp a big improvement over sport?
3. can a road tandem handle gravel or dirt paths?
1. Enduro - 26" will be better all arounder for many reasons.
2. Yes, Comp is better and Alite would be lot better.
3. Yes, if you fit it with wide profile tires (700x37 or larger, like the Schwalbe Marathon: http://www.schwalbetires.com/on_tour...athon_plus.gif), but it's far from ideal and you'd need to be sure that the rim is wide enough for a tire that was wide enough.