Take The Tandem Ownership Survey
Want to find out just what types and brands of tandems your fellow Internet-based, Tandem Discussion List Members own and ride?
I've put together yet another survey and this one aims to find out how many, what types, and what brands of tandems y'all own and ride. The survey was launched about an hour ago so the only results available are mine. Please note, the server will only register one survey submittal per computer.
To take the Survey: http://www.opinionpower.com/Surveys/491011234.html
To see Results:
Write in Results: http://www.opinionpower.com/textResu...i?id=491011234
Please note, the percentages applied to the 7 questions that list the various bike builders are pretty much worthless as they will only be calculated against the 10 brands listed under each question. Therefore, while you can look at the raw numbers to get a feel for the data on an interim basis, you won't be able to see how all brands stack up against each other until I migrate the inputs to the All Up Summary. (yeah, I know it's kind of lame -- but what do you want for free).
To see how the results stack up over time go to this Web page: http://home.att.net/~thetandemlink/S...esults_04.html
NOTE: As before with previous surveys (I've conducted about three over the past three years at this same time), this data is not being collected for commercial purposes.
Interesting! I am surprised/pleased with the number of responders already (Monday 1/19/04)
Well, if history is any type of indicator, it looks as though the majority of responses that will be received have been received. You can see a summary of all results at the following Web site.
All tolled, it would appear as though 383 individuals responded to the poll (Someone didn't answer question #1 who answered question #2 which is the give-away). If you tally the total number of tandems owned reflected by the responses to question #1 (664) and compare it to the detailed data regarding specific brand ownership (537) you'll find the latter is 127 tandems short. There are a number of reasons that the numbers don't align which I won't go into; it suffices to say, this IS an unscientific survey and thus the results are merely "interesting" at best and certainly inconclusive.
- 38% of the respondents own more than 1 tandem.
- A whopping 4.5% of the respondents own 4 tandems.
- 19% of the respondents own off-road tandems.
- Nearly 5% of the respondents own triplets
- 11.5% of the respondents own a "take-a-part" tandem.
- Co-Motion ownership among respondents is the highest which may have more to do with owner demograhics than actual brand ownership, i.e., there are clearly more Santana tandems in the world than Co-Motion tandems so perhaps not as many Santana owners own computers or have any interest in using their computers to participate in Internet-based discussion forums.
Anyway, there you have it. Make of it what you will.