Cycling and bicycle discussion forums. 
   Click here to join our community Log in to access your Control Panel  


Go Back   > >

Tandem Cycling A bicycle built for two. Want to find out more about this wonderful world of tandems? Check out this forum to talk with other tandem enthusiasts. Captains and stokers welcome!

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-05-04, 11:32 AM   #1
2Rodies
El Diablo
Thread Starter
 
2Rodies's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Austin Tx, Ex So Cal
Bikes: Cannondale CAAD8/Record 10s, Felt DA700 Chorus 10s,
Posts: 2,750
Are these shifters Ligit?

I was looking around the Performance Bike website and found this little numbers. They appear to be something that could be retrofitted to bar-end style index shifters. Whatcha think?


http://www.performancebike.com/shop/...tegory_ID=5144
2Rodies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-04, 11:55 AM   #2
TandemGeek
hors category
 
TandemGeek's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Bikes:
Posts: 7,208
Comments from various lists can be found from tandem and 1/2 bike folks using this URL: http://search.bikelist.org/?SearchSt...MsgDate%5Bd%5D
TandemGeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-04, 12:12 PM   #3
2Rodies
El Diablo
Thread Starter
 
2Rodies's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Austin Tx, Ex So Cal
Bikes: Cannondale CAAD8/Record 10s, Felt DA700 Chorus 10s,
Posts: 2,750
Quote:
Originally Posted by livngood
Comments from various lists can be found from tandem and 1/2 bike folks using this URL: http://search.bikelist.org/?SearchSt...MsgDate%5Bd%5D

Thanks Mark. It seems like there is no real consensus about these shifters. We currently have index 7 speed bar end shifters on our Burley Duet. I really hate them, this is mostly because I'm so used to my Brifters and I don't like reaching for the bar ends. This seems like a reasonably priced solution but if it doesn't work then it's not worth the trouble. Have you had a chance to see them in operation?
2Rodies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-04, 12:45 PM   #4
TandemGeek
hors category
 
TandemGeek's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Bikes:
Posts: 7,208
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Rodies
Have you had a chance to see them in operation?
Yes, and I wasn't impressed, but I thought I'd let you get a rainbow of feedback vs. my own take.
TandemGeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-04, 02:35 PM   #5
2Rodies
El Diablo
Thread Starter
 
2Rodies's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Austin Tx, Ex So Cal
Bikes: Cannondale CAAD8/Record 10s, Felt DA700 Chorus 10s,
Posts: 2,750
Quote:
Originally Posted by livngood
Yes, and I wasn't impressed, but I thought I'd let you get a rainbow of feedback vs. my own take.
Thanks I think I'll pass, I'll trust your judgement and save 2 bills!
2Rodies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-04, 07:44 PM   #6
zonatandem
Senior Member
 
zonatandem's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Tucson, AZ
Bikes: Custom Zona c/f tandem + Scott Plasma single
Posts: 10,782
The Morphos shifters are legit. Have not used them. Apparently bridge the gap between Shim and Campy. Supposed to be the lightest on the market. They've been out for several years now and never reached the popularity level. Looks like they are trying to clear 'em out.
Pedal on TWOgether!
Rudy and Kay
zonatandem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-04, 07:54 PM   #7
steveknight
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: portland or
Bikes:
Posts: 1,888
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Rodies
Thanks Mark. It seems like there is no real consensus about these shifters. We currently have index 7 speed bar end shifters on our Burley Duet. I really hate them, this is mostly because I'm so used to my Brifters and I don't like reaching for the bar ends. This seems like a reasonably priced solution but if it doesn't work then it's not worth the trouble. Have you had a chance to see them in operation?
this might be the solution http://www.paulcomp.com/ they will let you mount the shifters where you want.
steveknight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-04, 08:08 PM   #8
2Rodies
El Diablo
Thread Starter
 
2Rodies's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Austin Tx, Ex So Cal
Bikes: Cannondale CAAD8/Record 10s, Felt DA700 Chorus 10s,
Posts: 2,750
Quote:
Originally Posted by steveknight
this might be the solution http://www.paulcomp.com/ they will let you mount the shifters where you want.

Me likey! That will solve the problem right there! Thanks!!!!
2Rodies is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -6. The time now is 09:01 PM.