Thread: trek t2000

My Bikes
    trek t2000
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

trek t2000

Just purchased aT2000 with low miles and excellent condition. Wheels have been replaced with Velocity rims and Alice hubs. It is almost dialed in for both of us save the captain's stem needs shortening from a 120 to a 70. My question for you tandem gurus - the previous owner says he bought it in 1999 as a 2000 model. However, I can't find any info that says they existed before 2003. Can anyone enlighten me? Thanks

My Bikes
    1982 Eddy Merckx Campy Super Record, 1995 Eddy Merckx 10 sp Campy Centaur, DiamondBack Axis TT, Bushnell Tandem
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    On "Vintage Trek" it shows they were built between 2002 and 2005, and these are the colors by year, 2002, metallic blue, 2003, coastal blue, 2004, dusk blue, 2005, red flare pearl. Don't know if that helps.
    1982 Merckx Campy Super Record, 1995 Merckx Campy Centaur 10, DiamondBack Axis TT, (set-up as city bike), Bushnell Tandem

My Bikes
    '04 Trek 2300; '06 Bianchi Pista; '57 Maclean; '10 Scott CR1 Pro; 2005 Trek 2000 Tandem; '09 Comotion Macchiato Tandem; 199? Novara Road
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul J View Post
    On "Vintage Trek" it shows they were built between 2002 and 2005, and these are the colors by year, 2002, metallic blue, 2003, coastal blue, 2004, dusk blue, 2005, red flare pearl. Don't know if that helps.
    Thanks for that, Paul. We have a Trek 2000 and I wondered what year it is. It's a kind of matt blue, so I'm still not sure which blue that is. Could be '04 or '05, I guess.

To go off thread, has anyone out there fitted a Gates sync belt to a T 2000?

My Bikes
    trek t2000
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks, yes. That is what I have found. I now need to find the color chart to see if it is a 02 or 03. Thanks

My Bikes
    trek t2000
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Artmo, I located my color, Coastal Blue which means it is a 2003, by searching bing with the entry "trek coastal blue color image". I was able to see each of the year's colors by changing the description in the search bar. Good luck

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Artmo View Post
    To go off thread, has anyone out there fitted a Gates sync belt to a T 2000?
    I'd like to know this too, We have a 2008 T1000 which is the same frame as the T2000.

My Bikes
    Brodie Ronin, Bike Friday Folder, Trek T200 Tandem
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm curious too. Ours is a T200 and it looks like this:

url

I think it is probably late 90's Anybody know which colour that is. I'd say purple, but that isn't one of the choices.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The T2000 was made up until 2008 or 2009. I have a 2008 T1000 which is the same frame in a different color with Tiagra components in place of the Ultegra that came on the T2000. The 2006-2008 T2000s were Silver/Gray and came with caliper brakes. I think the 2005 and earlier came with canitlever brakes?

WPH
    My Bikes
    2006 Scott CR1 SL (still a beastie race bike), 1993 Trek T200, 2006 Fuji Absolute Le, 2000 Thorn Club Tour
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dclout View Post
    I'm curious too. Ours is a T200 and it looks like this:

url

I think it is probably late 90's Anybody know which colour that is. I'd say purple, but that isn't one of the choices.
    dclout

The bike in the pictures at the URL you posted is a 1993 model, same as ours (there's a thread somewhere on this forum showing pictures of our bike: http://www.bikeforums.net/showthread...hlight=cricket). The 1993 catalogue says the colour is 'lunar'. Maybe you could put some pictures of yours up?

No idea whether a belt drive is possible on these old steel Treks, Gates will tell you quicksmart if you give them a precise centre-to-centre distance between the BB spindles. I am imagining Gates sprockets/rings will fit the 110BCD Deore cranks which came standard on the early T200s. Update us if you find anything out.

Enjoy the Purple People Eater! TRH and I took mine racing last Saturday, a 20km flat TT, and found it went very nicely thank you, although we probably should have put the tires up to 110psi from 95psi. Ultimately the bike was better than we were - two old ex racers who don't get the training in - we rode nowhere near the limits of the machinery.

WPH

My Bikes
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WPH View Post
    dclout

The bike in the pictures at the URL you posted is a 1993 model, same as ours (there's a thread somewhere on this forum showing pictures of our bike: http://www.bikeforums.net/showthread...hlight=cricket). The 1993 catalogue says the colour is 'lunar'. Maybe you could put some pictures of yours up?

No idea whether a belt drive is possible on these old steel Treks, Gates will tell you quicksmart if you give them a precise centre-to-centre distance between the BB spindles. I am imagining Gates sprockets/rings will fit the 110BCD Deore cranks which came standard on the early T200s. Update us if you find anything out.

Enjoy the Purple People Eater! TRH and I took mine racing last Saturday, a 20km flat TT, and found it went very nicely thank you, although we probably should have put the tires up to 110psi from 95psi. Ultimately the bike was better than we were - two old ex racers who don't get the training in - we rode nowhere near the limits of the machinery.

WPH
    Thanks! I hesitate to post pictures as it has a pretty embarrassing amount of dust on it, but we are planning on cleaning it up and starting to use it regularly as soon as the weather improves a bit. We used to get a lot of use out of it, including some loaded touring, but it has been idle for a few years.

My Bikes
    ariZona carbon fiber tandem & single
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Trek sort of wandered in-and-out of building tandems through the years.
    The early ones definitely had wheel/spoke issues.

WPH
    My Bikes
    2006 Scott CR1 SL (still a beastie race bike), 1993 Trek T200, 2006 Fuji Absolute Le, 2000 Thorn Club Tour
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dclout View Post
    Thanks! I hesitate to post pictures as it has a pretty embarrassing amount of dust on it, but we are planning on cleaning it up and starting to use it regularly as soon as the weather improves a bit. We used to get a lot of use out of it, including some loaded touring, but it has been idle for a few years.
    DC, that means we need pictures of the bike loaded for touring as well!

A separate thread with a brief writeup of a major trip and snaps scanned if need be. Especially important if the trip was in the days of yore so that we can see the haircuts and fashion, equipment etc. It's part of our shared heritage as bike tourists and tandem teams: you owe it to yourself, your family, your country and your fellow tandemistas. (No pressure but.)

WPH

My Bikes
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WPH View Post
    DC, that means we need pictures of the bike loaded for touring as well!

A separate thread with a brief writeup of a major trip and snaps scanned if need be. Especially important if the trip was in the days of yore so that we can see the haircuts and fashion, equipment etc. It's part of our shared heritage as bike tourists and tandem teams: you owe it to yourself, your family, your country and your fellow tandemistas. (No pressure but.)

WPH
    I'm currently working my way through scanning all of my old negatives and I think I do have a couple of loaded tandem pictures. (Negatives, that should give you an idea of how long ago this was.) So I'll post them, but my family, country etc., etc. will likely have to wait a while because this is a long term project.

By the way, as Zona's comment on spoke failures, no kidding. We used to have to change spokes on the road on a regular basis. We eventually spent a bomb getting a new 40 spoke rear wheel, and I think we got the front wheel retensioned also. Since then no problems.

My Bikes
    '04 Trek 2300; '06 Bianchi Pista; '57 Maclean; '10 Scott CR1 Pro; 2005 Trek 2000 Tandem; '09 Comotion Macchiato Tandem; 199? Novara Road
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi tandemtony - could I ask you to measure the exact distance, center-to-center, between both bottom brackets on the T2000? Mine is in England and I'm thinking of upgrading to Gates when we go over there later this year, but buying the kit here, if it fits. Thanks.