Advertise on Bikeforums.net

User Tag List

Thread: Trek T100

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Great deal for a tall captain & stoker
    I bought a used Trek T100 from a local shop with the hope of getting my wife interested in tandem cycling, and she does not share my interest, despite my best efforts. So I have a tandem (captain:21.5" seat tube c-c; 22.25" top tube c-c)(stoker:19.5" seat tube c-c; 28" top tube c-c)(w/b 69") with Deore DX 18 speed front & rear derailleurs (chainrings 28/38/48; AL/AL/steel) & Deore cranks (175 mm front & rear); Shimano bar-end shifters;Mafac brake levers; low-profile Deore brakes f/r (rear XT pads); powerful rear drum brake of AL alloy; new alloy stoker seatpost; Tru-temper butted chro-moly frame, with horizontally-ovalized bottom tube; made in USA; double rear eyelets on the seatstays for a fender & luggage rack (Blackburn AL luggage rack included); Tange single-butted cro-moly fork, with double eyelets for fender & luggage rack; 5 bottle-mounts (3 cages); Sakae AL drop bars (front); recent bike shop tune-up (where I bought it).
    As to sizing: check with your local bike shop/tandem enthusiast, I think from my limited tandem experience the frame is sized for two people at least 5'9" to 6'2" or taller. Top tube straddle height is 30 1/2" (stoker) and 32" pilot/captain. If your inseam in bare feet is less than this, be forewarned.
    Since this is not going to be of use to me (I will have to be happy riding solo on my Klein Attitude & Litespeed Classic, one of the first 20 Litespeeds built!) I want to give it a good home, and am open to offers. The paint is scratched but I don't see any terminal wounds/dents. Any shipping costs will be the responsibility of the new owner. Pedals & lighting not included. If you have your own seats, I will remove these, as they are heavy for shipment.
    Last edited by timeforleisure; 04-05-05 at 06:56 PM. Reason: additional information-equipment & sizing

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    You might want to list it here: http://www.tandemmag.com/classified/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    OK, thank-you for the referral.

My Bikes
    ariZona carbon fiber tandem & single
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sorry to hear you spouse could not get into the tandem scene. Sounds like a nice starter tandem for someone!
    Having said that, those older Treks had a history of spoke problems; but bet those original factory rims have been replaced by now.
    With spring around the corner, it'll sell.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes, the rear is now a Sun Chinook rim, haven't counted the spokes. The front has a profile like a Ritchey set I have for my Klein Attitude, the spoke holes have reinforcing ferrules, and the cross-section profile of the front resembles an upside-down V ; a distinct peaked extrusion, like a gabled-roof end. It's actually fun to ride it solo, and it doesn't take too much out of me as the terrain in FL lacks hills. It could be sized better for my wife, but I got it reasonably, so hopefully someone else will get to enjoy it.