Thread: Trek T100

My Bikes
    Cannondale Black Lightning, Trek T100
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Trek T100

A friend just sold me his tandem which is up and running in good repair for about $500 out of pocket. An uncle of mine was legally blind when I was a kid. He had a tandem and it was a lot of fun. I'm keeping it stock for now. Just getting a rack set up on my Jeep is the next project. I'm not sure what kind of riding I'll be doing with friends yet. I'm in South Florida and do a lot of road work. Mountain biking here is nothing like it was back home in NE PA, but it might be fun on a tandem. With the right company it could be fun just to ride around town at Farmer's Market. Touring could be an option too with the right company. I used to hike a lot, but that got hard on my knees, which is why I stopped running and started cycling in the first place. Any and all comments, observations or questions are welcome.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sunwukong - I think that you are on to something good. Nice pick-up on that Trek T100. Stock is good - no need to get caught up in upgrades, especially until you have rolled up some miles on it.

Any kind of riding will be a treat, just take it slow at first and remember that the best part of a tandem is doing it with your partner. You are absolutely right that a trip around town and to the Farmer's Market would be fun. Just be sure to cut your stoker some (lots of) slack. Let us know how it goes!

My Bikes
    Redline Conquest Pro, Kona Cinder Cone, Trek Fuel EX8, Nashbar tandem
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Flat bar tandems are great for noodling around as long as you and your stoker are having fun, so follow best practices for that. Based on what I ride (see the Nashbar MTB Tandem thread) smooth rolling slick tires make your job easier, a double leg kickstand makes it easier to park and panniers are great for shopping. As an Oregonian I also consider fenders a vital accessory since a wet stoker is a grumpy stoker.
    Welcome to the the club.