Cycling and bicycle discussion forums. 
   Click here to join our community Log in to access your Control Panel  


Go Back   > > >

User Tag List

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 06-12-07, 08:53 AM   #1
MMACH 5
Cycle Dallas
Thread Starter
 
MMACH 5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Land of Gar, TX
Bikes: Lucinda--2010 Jamis Aurora Elite & a few others
Posts: 3,650
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 33 Post(s)
BFer sighting

I was tooling up White Rock Creek trail this morning, on my way to work. Coming the other way were two cyclists. We exchanged greetings, but it wasn't until after they passed that I thought, "Hey, that guy with the TX flag on his jersey was All1NTao."

The other cyclist pulled in behind All1 as I passed, so I didn't get a good look, (plus, I wasn't thinking in terms of actually seeing anyone I might recognize).

I guess my point is that the "TXBF: You and your ride" sticky is a useful resource, (not sure how to put this info to use, other than another reason to post on the forum).

And All1NTao, if I had noticed sooner, I'd have given you a shout out.
MMACH 5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-07, 01:22 PM   #2
Doggus
half man - half sheep
 
Doggus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Allen (Dallas), TX
Bikes:
Posts: 2,453
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I am in the witness protection program. All photos I've posted proclaiming to be myself are lies and fakes.

There, I should be safe.
Doggus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-07, 01:23 PM   #3
cyclezealot
Senior Member
 
cyclezealot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Fallbrook,Calif./Palau del Vidre, France
Bikes: Klein QP, Fuji touring, Surly Cross Check, BCH City bike
Posts: 13,172
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 425 Post(s)
Wear our Bike Forum jerseys' and we' d not have to look so hard.
cyclezealot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-07, 01:26 PM   #4
cuda2k
Unique Vintage Steel
 
cuda2k's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Allen, TX
Bikes: Kirk Frameworks JKS-C, Serotta Nova, Gazelle AB-Frame, Fuji Team Issue, Schwinn Crosscut, All-City Space Horse
Posts: 11,486
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
was wearing mine (the yellow / blue one) at Collin Classic last weekend. I'm debating if I plan to wear it to Italy next weekend.
cuda2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-07, 01:30 PM   #5
cyclezealot
Senior Member
 
cyclezealot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Fallbrook,Calif./Palau del Vidre, France
Bikes: Klein QP, Fuji touring, Surly Cross Check, BCH City bike
Posts: 13,172
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 425 Post(s)
I would . You will get instant recognition. When I do a bike tour in Europe, I always ride in my California Republic jersey. As a result, once someone invited us into their home for dinner and another time, local cyclists wanted to talk to us about US cycling and they bought us all drinks.
cyclezealot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-07, 01:48 PM   #6
cuda2k
Unique Vintage Steel
 
cuda2k's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Allen, TX
Bikes: Kirk Frameworks JKS-C, Serotta Nova, Gazelle AB-Frame, Fuji Team Issue, Schwinn Crosscut, All-City Space Horse
Posts: 11,486
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyclezealot
I would . You will get instant recognition. When I do a bike tour in Europe, I always ride in my California Republic jersey. As a result, once someone invited us into their home for dinner and another time, local cyclists wanted to talk to us about US cycling and they bought us all drinks.
I meant Italy, Texas.
cuda2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-07, 06:41 PM   #7
jim10040
Senior Member
 
jim10040's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Dallas Texas
Bikes:
Posts: 310
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Isn't that pronounced "Ittly???" If I remembered to GET a BF jersey, I'd wear it. At this point (brand-new job + car payments + tuition payments), can I get a discount????

Fact is, I think (not sure) I'll be heading to Italy Friday night to sleep down there and get an early start. I remember there's a newish truck stop on the highway, but that was a few years ago (#19). Anybody know right off hand if it's still there???
jim10040 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-07, 07:15 PM   #8
kevinmcdade
ONE DOWN, FIVE UP...
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: McKinney, TX
Bikes: LOOK KG281, Bianchi Pista, Fuji Roubaix
Posts: 1,462
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jim10040
If I remembered to GET a BF jersey, I'd wear it. At this point (brand-new job + car payments + tuition payments), can I get a discount????
If you can wear an XL you can have my BF jersey. I'd rather give it to someone who will wear it rather than have just sit in my closet. It is too big for me plus I'm not crazy about the material. Let me know and I'll try to to get it to you before Saturday.
kevinmcdade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-07, 09:07 PM   #9
Paniolo
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: N Dallas, TX
Bikes:
Posts: 830
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuda2k
was wearing mine (the yellow / blue one) at Collin Classic last weekend. I'm debating if I plan to wear it to Italy next weekend.
That's how I spotted you when we were coming up on you ... I was like Bike Forums .... hey it's Cuda!
Paniolo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-07, 09:24 PM   #10
cuda2k
Unique Vintage Steel
 
cuda2k's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Allen, TX
Bikes: Kirk Frameworks JKS-C, Serotta Nova, Gazelle AB-Frame, Fuji Team Issue, Schwinn Crosscut, All-City Space Horse
Posts: 11,486
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Well if you have a case of deja vu this coming weekend, chance are it will be me again!
cuda2k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-07, 10:04 PM   #11
ken cummings
Senior Member
 
ken cummings's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: northern California
Bikes: Bruce Gordon BLT, Cannondale parts bike, Ecodyne recumbent trike, Counterpoint Opus 2, miyata 1000
Posts: 5,601
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
There are other ways to spot a BFer. Back in February I was on the way home and started trading pulls with another commuter going my way. We talked about our lights and he recognised me as a BFer from what I was saying about my DIY lights.
ken cummings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-07, 07:22 AM   #12
All1NTao
Pastafarian Prophet
 
All1NTao's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Allen, Texas
Bikes: Sandivk Titanium road with Easton Carbon bits and Dave Speed Dream Wheels. Breezer Lighting Mountain
Posts: 107
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMACH 5
I was tooling up White Rock Creek trail this morning, on my way to work. Coming the other way were two cyclists. We exchanged greetings, but it wasn't until after they passed that I thought, "Hey, that guy with the TX flag on his jersey was All1NTao."

The other cyclist pulled in behind All1 as I passed, so I didn't get a good look, (plus, I wasn't thinking in terms of actually seeing anyone I might recognize).

I guess my point is that the "TXBF: You and your ride" sticky is a useful resource, (not sure how to put this info to use, other than another reason to post on the forum).

And All1NTao, if I had noticed sooner, I'd have given you a shout out.

Well thanks for the shout out, but that wasn't me. I have been in Boston for the past several days. That doesn't me we won't run into each other sometime, I'll keep an eye out for you
All1NTao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-07, 11:01 AM   #13
MMACH 5
Cycle Dallas
Thread Starter
 
MMACH 5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Land of Gar, TX
Bikes: Lucinda--2010 Jamis Aurora Elite & a few others
Posts: 3,650
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 33 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by All1NTao
Well thanks for the shout out, but that wasn't me. I have been in Boston for the past several days. That doesn't me we won't run into each other sometime, I'll keep an eye out for you
A shout out may have garnered some awkward looks, I suppose.

Just so you know, you might have a doppleganger out on WRCT.
MMACH 5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -6. The time now is 01:15 PM.