Advertise on Bikeforums.net



User Tag List

Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1. #1
    Badger Biker ctyler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Beloit, Wisconsin
    My Bikes
    Cannondale Saeco CAD-3, Surly Cross Check
    Posts
    974
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Fenders for my Fuji Touring Bike...

    Anyone know which Zefal fenders will fit on a Fuji Touring bike? Or is there a different brand I should be looking at?

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2001
    Location
    England
    Posts
    12,263
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    SKS chromoplastic are highly recomended. Does the Zefal have a safety release for the front stays?

  3. #3
    Badger Biker ctyler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Beloit, Wisconsin
    My Bikes
    Cannondale Saeco CAD-3, Surly Cross Check
    Posts
    974
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MichaelW
    SKS chromoplastic are highly recomended. Does the Zefal have a safety release for the front stays?
    Thnaks for the quick reply.

    Is SKS a brand? Who sells them.

    My tire size is 700x32, forgot to include that in my first post.

    Here's the Zefal description:

    Zefal Touring Fender Set

    #ZF-2072

    This pair of cab Fenders keeps you from getting icky in the nasty weather. The durable composite construction is long lasting and lightweight; and the improved “G-clip” attachment system has a breakaway feature that prevents damage in case of lodging debris between your fender and wheel. Attaches in minutes so you’ll be high and dry and on the road again. 45mm wide Fits 700c wheels

  4. #4
    Has opinion, will express
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Posts
    12,723
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have the SKS fenders on my Fuji Touring. I've had them for getting on four years. They have proved very durable. Do a google search -- probably Harris Cyclery or Peter White Cycles as shops that have an interest in touring.

  5. #5
    Badger Biker ctyler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Beloit, Wisconsin
    My Bikes
    Cannondale Saeco CAD-3, Surly Cross Check
    Posts
    974
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rowan
    I have the SKS fenders on my Fuji Touring. I've had them for getting on four years. They have proved very durable. Do a google search -- probably Harris Cyclery or Peter White Cycles as shops that have an interest in touring.

    Thanks. Did the search and found them. I see there are two sizes, 35mm and 45mm. After measuring as best I colud the clearance on the bike I'm thinking I should get the 45mm. Does that sound right?

  6. #6
    Sweetened with Splenda
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    Brooklyn, Alabama
    My Bikes
    Too many 80s roadbikes!
    Posts
    2,335
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'd recommend AGAINST the Zefal, simply because if you buy a brand that will respond to its customer-service emails instead, you won't wind up buying a whole new set when you lose one clip.

    I use 45mm on my Fuji Touring, and get pretty good clearance even with 700x38 tires.

  7. #7
    Badger Biker ctyler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Beloit, Wisconsin
    My Bikes
    Cannondale Saeco CAD-3, Surly Cross Check
    Posts
    974
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by brokenrobot
    I'd recommend AGAINST the Zefal, simply because if you buy a brand that will respond to its customer-service emails instead, you won't wind up buying a whole new set when you lose one clip.

    I use 45mm on my Fuji Touring, and get pretty good clearance even with 700x38 tires.

    Great. Thanks so much for the info.

    Cheers,

    CQ

  8. #8
    Has opinion, will express
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Posts
    12,723
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yep, 45mm for 32 tyres. Actually, I'm running 25s at the moment, but the set-up still looks good. I reckon the bike could handle up to 40mm tyres.

    I've added mudflaps front and rear, and they have helped a lot in wet-road riding. The bike is used almost exclusively these days for commuting, training, touring and randonnees.

  9. #9
    Badger Biker ctyler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Beloit, Wisconsin
    My Bikes
    Cannondale Saeco CAD-3, Surly Cross Check
    Posts
    974
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rowan
    Yep, 45mm for 32 tyres. Actually, I'm running 25s at the moment, but the set-up still looks good. I reckon the bike could handle up to 40mm tyres.

    I've added mudflaps front and rear, and they have helped a lot in wet-road riding. The bike is used almost exclusively these days for commuting, training, touring and randonnees.
    Thanks Rowan. Just ordered a pair.

    Cheers.
    Last edited by ctyler; 05-19-05 at 09:49 AM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •